Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby PBells » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:08 am

I like how Obama tried to nominate a Supreme Court justice before an election and Republicans were outraged. Now Trump is doing the same and the parties have the complete opposite stance. :lol:

Politics is just one big con. Lie to get people to vote for you then continue lying to convince them you’re actually doing something.
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor Champion (x2)

Postby TFlock » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:44 am

PBells wrote:I like how Obama tried to nominate a Supreme Court justice before an election and Republicans were outraged. Now Trump is doing the same and the parties have the complete opposite stance. :lol:

Politics is just one big con. Lie to get people to vote for you then continue lying to convince them you’re actually doing something.

Yeah, it’s pretty bad there. I think the main issue is that it’s only a 2 party system. Here in Canada we have multiple parties that actually have a say in governance so it isn’t just conservatives against liberals. I think that helps keep things more balanced.

One against the other in the USA is getting more cutthroat every year and it seems inevitable that it will boil over unless the system is changed.
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:

TFlock
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Pick-Em Champion: Aug 2020
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:46 am

PBells wrote:I like how Obama tried to nominate a Supreme Court justice before an election and Republicans were outraged. Now Trump is doing the same and the parties have the complete opposite stance. :lol:

Oh absolutely :lol: :lol: Either side would do the same if they were in that position. It just so happens its the democrats looking dumb on this occasion.

I do love an unfounded conspiracy theory though. Democrats have been pushing the "they are gonna repeal roe v wade" conspiracy theory with 0 evidence for a good 4 years now. With Trump first, then Kavanaugh, now Comey Barrett :lol:

So really this portion of the clown show known as US politics has been very funny for me. They are even saying Barrett adopted two black kids so she could shield herself from criticism for her white supremacy views :lol:

Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel of logic.

AnyonebutTrumporBiden2020
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 6 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:47 am

TFlock wrote:

Yeah, it’s pretty bad there. I think the main issue is that it’s only a 2 party system. Here in Canada we have multiple parties that actually have a say in governance so it isn’t just conservatives against liberals. I think that helps keep things more balanced.

One against the other in the USA is getting more cutthroat every year and it seems inevitable that it will boil over unless the system is changed.

I hate the 2 party system too. Its a dual party dictatorship.

Jesse Ventura wrote a book called "demoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicans, no more gangs in office" that is very over the top (like everything Ventura does) but illustrates this point really well about the two party system
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 6 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Postby PainDog » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:16 pm

I should return to America...

Spoiler:
...and become president

Munir Lazzez Time

Damir Ismagulov Time

Khamzat Chimaev

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017, Aug 2020
Pillar of Linker

Postby TFlock » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:30 pm

PainDog wrote:I should return to America...

Spoiler:
...and become president

I’d vote for you it I could... :lol:
ImageImage
Spoiler:

TFlock
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor

Postby TFlock » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
TFlock wrote:

I hate the 2 party system too. Its a dual party dictatorship.

Jesse Ventura wrote a book called "demoCRIPS and ReBLOODlicans, no more gangs in office" that is very over the top (like everything Ventura does) but illustrates this point really well about the two party system

Yeah, it’s such a shame that we as humans speak of integrity, honesty, hard work, and so many other virtues yet once you become a politician you abandon all of those. It doesn’t have to be that way though does it? The system needs a big time overhaul :shock:

I don’t align with either American political party as I usually base my political judgements on character but the choice isn’t even close if we are considering character here. Trump is a scam and his supporters all fell for it. He just keeps going back to the argument that he’s under audit (which is a lie) and that’s why he won’t release his taxes. The IRS has repeatedly said that being under audit doesn’t prevent him from releasing it. I’m sure Biden will bring this up tomorrow :lol:
ImageImage
Spoiler:

TFlock
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Survivor

Postby TFlock » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Lesson to all - when your life is based on lies and scams you need to lie to cover up one lie and lie again to cover up that lie and it gets very messy. Things are not going to end well for Mr. Trump :|
ImageImage
Spoiler:

TFlock
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Survivor

Postby willmma » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:44 pm

It's true that both parties have taken opposite stances, but it's a bit disingenuous to compare Obama's attempt to nominate a justice 9 months before the election vs Trump doing it now only 6 weeks before the election.

in fact, there is nothing technically wrong with nominating the justice in an election year. Obama wasn't wrong to do so. But the republicans introduced the idea that it is not right to nominate a justice in election year and they blocked it. It only makes sense that the democrats complain about the republican change of stance with a much much much shorter period of time before the election.

IMO the republicans look much more hypocritical and worse than the dems do.
It also means that the republicans really feel like they are going to lose the election and that's why they want to get their justice in before Trump is booted out.
willmma
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019, July 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019, Nov 2019, May 2020, June 2020, July 2020

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:51 pm

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:39 pm

Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Survivor

Postby TFlock » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:19 pm

Question for you guys. Trump claims everything is fake news so why doesn’t he sue the NYT, CNN and Washington Post for libel every time they have “fake news”?

Is it because it’s not fake news and his supporters are too dumb to know that if it was fake that he would sue for libel?

Help me understand :lol:
ImageImage
Spoiler:

TFlock
Gaming Commission
Gaming Commission

Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:59 pm

Tflock :pointdown:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

DeceptaCon

Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion