Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby TFlock » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Another senseless murder just because everyone is afraid that someone else is gonna shoot them first (because there’s wayyyyyyy too many guns)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fo ... s-n1065866

Just like the guy I mentioned earlier that shot and killed his son in law who was surprising him from Norway

This kind of shit only happens in one country I’d betcha
November A League Fantasy Team
Nate Diaz
Romero Cotton
Robson Gracie Jr.
Lucas Brennan

ImageImage
Spoiler:
User avatar
TFlock
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
 
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:41 pm

TFlock wrote:Another senseless murder just because everyone is afraid that someone else is gonna shoot them first (because there’s wayyyyyyy too many guns)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fo ... s-n1065866

Just like the guy I mentioned earlier that shot and killed his son in law who was surprising him from Norway

This kind of shit only happens in one country I’d betcha


Really?
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9091
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:05 am

They lied to us about Vietnam.
They lied to us about Nicaragua.
They lied to us about Yugoslavia.
They lied to us about Iraq.
They lied to us about Libya.
They lied to us about Yemen.

Just as they’re lying today about #Syria to maintain illegal occupation and endless war.


:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18810
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:29 am

bruins2012 wrote:They lied to us about Vietnam.
They lied to us about Nicaragua.
They lied to us about Yugoslavia.
They lied to us about Iraq.
They lied to us about Libya.
They lied to us about Yemen.

Just as they’re lying today about #Syria to maintain illegal occupation and endless war.


:P

Trump is the first US president in our lifetimes to actually not be a crazed warmonger and liberals and neocons alike are furious about it.
Btw I'm obviously not a fan of your girl Tulsi Gabbard but did you see her fuck Hillary up on Twitter? Was glorious.
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9091
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:45 am

Do you guys know the most annoying sound in the world?

Spoiler:
"I just moved here from California"


Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9091
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:38 am

KingOfPancrase wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:They lied to us about Vietnam.
They lied to us about Nicaragua.
They lied to us about Yugoslavia.
They lied to us about Iraq.
They lied to us about Libya.
They lied to us about Yemen.

Just as they’re lying today about #Syria to maintain illegal occupation and endless war.


:P

Trump is the first US president in our lifetimes to actually not be a crazed warmonger and liberals and neocons alike are furious about it.
Btw I'm obviously not a fan of your girl Tulsi Gabbard but did you see her fuck Hillary up on Twitter? Was glorious.



I’ll give you that (1st sentence). Better to be a partner with the 2nd biggest military in NATO and not push them further towards an alliance with Russia.

And go Tulsi.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18810
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
bwawm wrote:What?? Like the gun control debate isn't complex enough without attaching random unrelated shit to it? What does rape prevention have to do with gun control?

Those are completely different issues....you don't reduce rape rates with guns lol :shock:

This may be a shocker, but if you look up rape statistics by country-you won't see all the countries with the guns in the 0-1% category...in fact, some of the least rapey countries have gun control laws as well :shock:

Sweden: a lot of guns, not so much gun crime aaaaaand top 5 rapiest country in the world.
http://worldpopulationreview.com/countr ... y-country/

Wait, if you're people rape less you don't HAVE to defend yourself? What?????

This is where we are in the US with guns. No one knows what is up or down on either side of the debate.


I'm not trying to take guns from anybody (or give up mine) but jesus fucking christ the insanity of the people participating in the argument is mind boggling.

Sophists everywhere.



So having a gun prevents women being raped 99% of the time or so and yet rape prevention is not relevant in a a discussion on gun control?

Surely you are joking right? :lol:

Your counter arguments were "Wait, if you're people rape less you don't HAVE to defend yourself? What????? " which is juvenile at best no offense and "Those are completely different issues....you don't reduce rape rates with guns lol :shock: " which is dismissive at best and a flat out lie in all reality.

29.3% with no weapon. 0.09% with a gun. So it does prevent rapes. A lot of them actually.


Your Sweden argument is wrong for a lot of reasons, especially with them changing the definition of "rape" to include all sorts of smaller various actions, which is why the percentage exploded recently.

I would love to see the number of Swedish women who are "successfully" (I hate using that term of this) raped when they have a gun on them compared to if they don't. Those numbers would either help your argument or kill it in the water.


Women (outside of prison) are the ones who get raped the vast majority of the time. I think they should have a say in the instrument which prevents them from being raped at nearly a 99% success rate. Seems not to out of the box of a thought

Saying guns do not prevent rape when all social science data points to it is a tough position to take


Lol I don't doubt guns make rapists change their minds homie-I'm sure robberies and many violent crimes are prevented when the victim is armed :lol: :lol: Again, I'm not an anti gun guy. Women have the right to vote for pro gun legislation/representatives and arm themselves and I encourage them to do so!

My whole point is that if guns deter rape, countries with more guns should have less rape. They don't. You're theory isn't predictive and is therefore a shitty theory.

Polio vaccines prevent polio! <-- predictive/falsifiable statement that can be proven by taking polio vaccines to places with outbreaks, places that have higher vaccination rates will ALWAYS have less Polio cases
Guns prevent rape! <-- predictive falsifiable statement that can be proven by giving guns to rapey countries, places with more guns will ALWAYS have less rape

....all you have to do is look up which countries have least rape per capita and which ones have most guns per capita and if they don't match up exactly, you're statement is wrong (*spoiler* they don't).

Japan only has 0.3 guns per person and yet, somehow, only 1.1 rapes per 100,000 people annually. How are they not getting raped with so few guns around?!?!?!

'Guns prevent rape' is the flat out lie amigo :biggrin: a gun can be wildly successful at preventing an instance of rape but it does nothing to deter rape as a social pattern. We may be having a misunderstanding related to micro v macro but, if you're dropping a universal statement like 'guns reduce rape' I'm assuming your talking macro.

People aren't getting raped due to not enough guns-rape is a social disease caused by other factors. :shock:
^something that shouldn't have to be explained

Hence, if rate rape is reduced (by attacking the actual problem) the guns are irrelevent. You're just so deep in the rabbit hole you want guns to be the answer to every problem.

Homie, if we had an anti gun nut in here saying we could prevent over 60% of all suicide by banning guns-I would be having the same conversation with him. Suicide prevention is a separate issue. Rape prevention is a separate issue. You're doing what the left does on the opposite side. Just pointing it out.

curing problem>treating problem (even if the treatment involves the sweetest of firearms)

Thats all :biggrin:

Spoiler:
Image
Last edited by bwawm on Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willmma » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:50 pm

User avatar
willmma
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby TFlock » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:47 pm

hey bwawm, you haven't argued any of my points so im assuming you agree with my gun views? 8)
November A League Fantasy Team
Nate Diaz
Romero Cotton
Robson Gracie Jr.
Lucas Brennan

ImageImage
Spoiler:
User avatar
TFlock
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
 
Posts: 4143
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:13 pm

TFlock wrote:hey bwawm, you haven't argued any of my points so im assuming you agree with my gun views? 8)


Knowing me....? Probly not :lol:

Didn't see anything that struck me as partisan or biased/intentionally misleading but I think typically people outside of the US tend to oversimplify (what we in the US perceive to be) the complexity of the issue. Best way to say it is that I agree with your logic but not your conclusion.

Honestly I didn't disagree with what most of what Meow said either, just argued against 1 point really...like I said-its complicated enough without people trying to overcomplicate it even more.

Its a tough conversation to have because there's no basis for comparison. No country approaches our ownership rate and states laws are hard to use due to flow from one state to the next, wildly different population/ownership densities, etc..

mass shootings/killings since 2010
CA = 18 (0.00000048)

US = 115 (0.00000035)

AUS = 17 (0.00000069)

US has 4x more guns than CA but 6.5x more mass shootings/murders

CA has 2x(+) more guns than Australia but roughly same amount of mass shootings/murders...so the math ain't too clean and mass murders/shooting per capita only bolster this point further.

So, like I said, I think 'just have less guns' skirts over a lot of contributing social factors and tends to ignore some of the core arguments gun advocates use (defense against tyrannical gov. for example) but I understand the general logic used behind the reasoning and the supply&demand reference.

Per capita death by gun rates (in relation to these 3 countries specifically) kind of bolster your point but that doesn't count out accidents/suicides. Odds of drowning go up when there are more pools around but that isn't a reason to ban pools is it?

If you've ever seen the Jim Jeffries routine I'm in the "I like guns" crowd....your arguments could very well be right in the end but I would rather try to solve what I perceive to be the contributing social/structural factors before taking all the guns away. I think the idea is to keep guns away from these fuckin psychopaths, first and foremost.

Canada has more registered firearms than the U.S. ...cuz we have damn near 400 million unregistered firearms down here :lol: seem's like there are some pretty easy/non problematic loopholes to close before we go full ban but thats just my opinion.
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:40 pm



I think the incredible hulk should be played by an actor/Bruce Banner version that's transitioning from a man to a woman and instead of just gamma radiation overdoses making him the hulk he also has an overdose of estrogen. Whenever someone misgenders him he screams out "IT'S MA'AM!" before turning green and smashing everything in sight while ranting about the patriarchy, proper pronouns and toxic masculinity.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9091
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:39 pm

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon: Alexander Volkov, Michael Page, Vicente Luque, Warlley Alves
FUTURE BMF GINA A-LEAGUE CHAMP CHAMP
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 17585
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:41 am

Bernie Sanders Holds Secret Campaign Meeting With 15,000 Working-Class Democratic Donors


DETROIT—Releasing bombshell evidence in the form of hundreds of cell phone videos taken during the gathering, numerous anonymous tipsters confirmed this week that Bernie Sanders recently attended a secret campaign meeting with 15,000 working-class donors from the Democratic Party. “This damning footage shows Sen. Sanders clandestinely mingling with thousands of representatives from the nursing, food service, and public education sectors, many of whom were apparently chauffeured to the event aboard city buses and enjoyed fountain drinks upon arriving,” said political strategist August Buckminster, adding that the event, which reportedly took place at a local vocational school, could prove problematic for the presidential candidate in his bid for the Democratic nomination. “Sanders can be heard promising a highly underprivileged audience everything from a minimum-wage increase to healthcare access to educational opportunities—whatever it takes to get them on his side. In one video, he explicitly offers a group of steel workers a quid pro quo of affordable housing in exchange for their votes. If the senator wants to win the backing of the national party, he will certainly have to answer for hobnobbing with this room full of people at the absolute lowest levels of power.” At press time, Sanders had received further criticism after documents were uncovered showing he has acted on behalf of a contingent of approximately 625,000 Vermont residents over a period of nearly 30 years.


:shock:
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18810
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:27 am

bruins2012 wrote:Bernie Sanders Holds Secret Campaign Meeting With 15,000 Working-Class Democratic Donors


DETROIT—Releasing bombshell evidence in the form of hundreds of cell phone videos taken during the gathering, numerous anonymous tipsters confirmed this week that Bernie Sanders recently attended a secret campaign meeting with 15,000 working-class donors from the Democratic Party. “This damning footage shows Sen. Sanders clandestinely mingling with thousands of representatives from the nursing, food service, and public education sectors, many of whom were apparently chauffeured to the event aboard city buses and enjoyed fountain drinks upon arriving,” said political strategist August Buckminster, adding that the event, which reportedly took place at a local vocational school, could prove problematic for the presidential candidate in his bid for the Democratic nomination. “Sanders can be heard promising a highly underprivileged audience everything from a minimum-wage increase to healthcare access to educational opportunities—whatever it takes to get them on his side. In one video, he explicitly offers a group of steel workers a quid pro quo of affordable housing in exchange for their votes. If the senator wants to win the backing of the national party, he will certainly have to answer for hobnobbing with this room full of people at the absolute lowest levels of power.” At press time, Sanders had received further criticism after documents were uncovered showing he has acted on behalf of a contingent of approximately 625,000 Vermont residents over a period of nearly 30 years.


:shock:


:lol: what is this the Onion?
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:35 pm

bwawm wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:Bernie Sanders Holds Secret Campaign Meeting With 15,000 Working-Class Democratic Donors


DETROIT—Releasing bombshell evidence in the form of hundreds of cell phone videos taken during the gathering, numerous anonymous tipsters confirmed this week that Bernie Sanders recently attended a secret campaign meeting with 15,000 working-class donors from the Democratic Party. “This damning footage shows Sen. Sanders clandestinely mingling with thousands of representatives from the nursing, food service, and public education sectors, many of whom were apparently chauffeured to the event aboard city buses and enjoyed fountain drinks upon arriving,” said political strategist August Buckminster, adding that the event, which reportedly took place at a local vocational school, could prove problematic for the presidential candidate in his bid for the Democratic nomination. “Sanders can be heard promising a highly underprivileged audience everything from a minimum-wage increase to healthcare access to educational opportunities—whatever it takes to get them on his side. In one video, he explicitly offers a group of steel workers a quid pro quo of affordable housing in exchange for their votes. If the senator wants to win the backing of the national party, he will certainly have to answer for hobnobbing with this room full of people at the absolute lowest levels of power.” At press time, Sanders had received further criticism after documents were uncovered showing he has acted on behalf of a contingent of approximately 625,000 Vermont residents over a period of nearly 30 years.


:shock:


:lol: what is this the Onion?


Wait a sec....is the guy who called me a fuckboy for misspelling a word referencing the onion as serious content??

You read through an entire article of humor content, saw a couple trigger words, and mistook it for something serious?

wooooooooooow
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users