Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby TFlock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:51 am

Hey guys, I’m curious of your views on the gun problem in the USA. 250 mass shootings this year. I live in Canada and we have had zero. Sure, we have like 11% of the population of the USA but we have had ZERO mass shootings this year. That’s seriously fucked.

Personally, I think guns are fucked and I have zero interest in owning one because I have no fear of anyone else using one here. I know gun culture is deeply rooted in your history but times clearly need to change. I’m sick of seeing it on the news and nothing changes. Just gets worse.

Thoughts?
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:


User avatar
TFlock
Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:07 am

TFlock wrote:Hey guys, I’m curious of your views on the gun problem in the USA. 250 mass shootings this year. I live in Canada and we have had zero. Sure, we have like 11% of the population of the USA but we have had ZERO mass shootings this year. That’s seriously fucked.

Personally, I think guns are fucked and I have zero interest in owning one because I have no fear of anyone else using one here. I know gun culture is deeply rooted in your history but times clearly need to change. I’m sick of seeing it on the news and nothing changes. Just gets worse.

Thoughts?

We have a people problem not a gun problem.
Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby TFlock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:52 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:Hey guys, I’m curious of your views on the gun problem in the USA. 250 mass shootings this year. I live in Canada and we have had zero. Sure, we have like 11% of the population of the USA but we have had ZERO mass shootings this year. That’s seriously fucked.

Personally, I think guns are fucked and I have zero interest in owning one because I have no fear of anyone else using one here. I know gun culture is deeply rooted in your history but times clearly need to change. I’m sick of seeing it on the news and nothing changes. Just gets worse.

Thoughts?

We have a people problem not a gun problem.

I agree but the people that are the problem can gets guns very easily. thats a big problem. usa has the highest guns per capita in the world. twice as many as the 2nd country which is the Falkland Islands and doesn't really count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated ... by_country

the immigrant hate that trump spews can't help the problem either
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:


User avatar
TFlock
Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:17 pm

TFlock wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:Hey guys, I’m curious of your views on the gun problem in the USA. 250 mass shootings this year. I live in Canada and we have had zero. Sure, we have like 11% of the population of the USA but we have had ZERO mass shootings this year. That’s seriously fucked.

Personally, I think guns are fucked and I have zero interest in owning one because I have no fear of anyone else using one here. I know gun culture is deeply rooted in your history but times clearly need to change. I’m sick of seeing it on the news and nothing changes. Just gets worse.

Thoughts?

We have a people problem not a gun problem.

I agree but the people that are the problem can gets guns very easily. thats a big problem. usa has the highest guns per capita in the world. twice as many as the 2nd country which is the Falkland Islands and doesn't really count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated ... by_country

the immigrant hate that trump spews can't help the problem either

You can't stop people from obtaining illegal weapons especially in America, we can't even stop illegal immigrants or illegall opiods and we are going to stop crazy people from getting guns, its a cultural thing. We still cant even make weed legal for fuck sakes, you pass all the laws you want but Americans are fucking crazy. America is too vast filled with country folks that don't give a fuck either nevermind all of the inner city shootings that have the strictest gun laws.
Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby PBells » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:15 pm

There are just a lot of isolated, angry, mentally-disturbed weirdos out there. Combine that with more guns than people and you get this. Looks like the "good guys with guns" narrative and Texas being an open-carry state didn't help the 20 that have died in El Paso so far.

But the public doesn't care anymore. People are more upset at the thought of their "gun rights" being affected rather than the fact innocent people were murdered. Gun culture creeps me out, I'm immigrating to Canada or maybe Switerzland ASAP.
User avatar
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker
 
Posts: 41622
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor Champion (x2)

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:59 pm

PBells wrote:There are just a lot of isolated, angry, mentally-disturbed weirdos out there. Combine that with more guns than people and you get this. Looks like the "good guys with guns" narrative and Texas being an open-carry state didn't help the 20 that have died in El Paso so far.

But the public doesn't care anymore. People are more upset at the thought of their "gun rights" being affected rather than the fact innocent people were murdered. Gun culture creeps me out, I'm immigrating to Canada or maybe Switerzland ASAP.

I live in MS and I own at least 10 guns mostly for hunting but every body I know has more than me :lol: :lol: its crazy. We used to get drunk in HS and on the weekends just shoot guns and drink amd smoke there is nothing better to do except for fishing and still take guns in case of a snake.
Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Shuck » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Took my head out of the Rabbit hole but even Ray Charles can see that there is a hidden agenda to get rid of guns.. Whenever you see a Kardashian start preaching about some political stance you know the Masters are workn their puppets
Magatron Makn Link Great Again

03/09' BBelt Account - Partially Deleted because Shucky always speaks the Truth, Even when I Lie - :hand:

Quake is Coming :thunder: :skullmad:
User avatar
Shuck
Green Belt
Green Belt
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 pm
Location: TriggyWhore2025 Head :)
Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2017, 2018, 2019

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Shuck wrote:Took my head out of the Rabbit hole but even Ray Charles can see that there is a hidden agenda to get rid of guns.. Whenever you see a Kardashian start preaching about some political stance you know the Masters are workn their puppets

All of their body guards have guns fuck that big dick sucking big ass machine.
Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby TFlock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:32 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
TFlock wrote:Hey guys, I’m curious of your views on the gun problem in the USA. 250 mass shootings this year. I live in Canada and we have had zero. Sure, we have like 11% of the population of the USA but we have had ZERO mass shootings this year. That’s seriously fucked.

Personally, I think guns are fucked and I have zero interest in owning one because I have no fear of anyone else using one here. I know gun culture is deeply rooted in your history but times clearly need to change. I’m sick of seeing it on the news and nothing changes. Just gets worse.

Thoughts?

We have a people problem not a gun problem.

I agree but the people that are the problem can gets guns very easily. thats a big problem. usa has the highest guns per capita in the world. twice as many as the 2nd country which is the Falkland Islands and doesn't really count.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated ... by_country

the immigrant hate that trump spews can't help the problem either

You can't stop people from obtaining illegal weapons especially in America, we can't even stop illegal immigrants or illegall opiods and we are going to stop crazy people from getting guns, its a cultural thing. We still cant even make weed legal for fuck sakes, you pass all the laws you want but Americans are fucking crazy. America is too vast filled with country folks that don't give a fuck either nevermind all of the inner city shootings that have the strictest gun laws.

All true. Can’t argue with any of that.
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:


User avatar
TFlock
Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby TFlock » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:35 pm

PBells wrote:There are just a lot of isolated, angry, mentally-disturbed weirdos out there. Combine that with more guns than people and you get this. Looks like the "good guys with guns" narrative and Texas being an open-carry state didn't help the 20 that have died in El Paso so far.

But the public doesn't care anymore. People are more upset at the thought of their "gun rights" being affected rather than the fact innocent people were murdered. Gun culture creeps me out, I'm immigrating to Canada or maybe Switerzland ASAP.

Also all true.

Sure, come to Canada. I’m out on the west coast. Expensive here but awesome. Weed everywhere :lol:
ImageImage
The legend Mr. Perfect ——> below
Spoiler:


User avatar
TFlock
Moderator
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:29 am
Location: Canada
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 pm

1993. 7.0 gun deaths per 100,000 in America
1993. 0.94 guns per person in America

2013. 3.6 gun deaths per 100,000 in America
2013. 1.45 guns per person in the US

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32842.pdf



Obama pulled a Nixon in 1972. Nixon needed Weed to be illegal and for it to be dangerous. So he commissioned a report. When it came back it wasn't really bad and should be treated like tobacco and alcohol, he ignored the report and basically threw it in the trash

It did not reach the result he wanted. so he ignored it

2010. Obama commissions a report on Guns and defensive gun use especially. He wanted to show more guns = more deaths and therefore we must say fuck our rights to bear arms. Sadly (for him) the report showed the opposite (As cited above) and therefore he pulled a Nixon and just ignored the results

It did not reach the result he wanted. so he ignored it


Its funny how history repeats itself


If someone is going to break the law against killing people they will be willing to break the law against guns being illegal.

RIP to all those lost in these shootings. However gun control won't stop it. Its not an argument backed up in logic nor any statistical analysis derived from studies. It just isn't


The Dayton shooter cited AOC and Warren as inspirations for his shooting. As well as Socialism. Yet she really gets 0 blame from the media. You know why? Because mature people do not blame politicians for the actions of crazy isolated insane criminals. Unless they deliberately called it to action. Trump never has. Neither did AOC or Warren

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -socialism



U.S. population 329 million as of January 2019.

Do the math: 0.00915% of the population dies from gun related actions each year.

Statistically speaking, this is insignificant. It's not even a rounding error.

What is not insignificant, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths:

• 22,938 (76%) are by suicide which can't be prevented by gun laws

• 987 (3%) are by law enforcement, thus not relevant to Gun Control discussion.

• 489 (2%) are accidental

0.0017% of the population.

Still too many? Let's look at location:

• 298 (5%) - St Louis, MO (6)

• 327 (6%) - Detroit, MI (6)

• 328 (6%) - Baltimore, MD (6)

• 764 (14%) - Chicago, IL (6)

That's over 30% of all gun crime. In just 4 cities.

This leaves 3,856 for for everywhere else in America... about 77 deaths per state. Obviously some States have higher rates than others.


Any death is 1 to many obviously. However realistically if people were actually interested in cracking down on gun deaths in America they would want to crack down on gang related shootings in these 4 metropolitan areas.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby PBells » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 pm

That Dayton incel also liked anime and metal music, better ban both of those!

But seriously, I know we can't regulate away social/societal problems. But we should be able to do something... I'm interested in treating the underlying cause, whatever it is that makes these people so isolated and angry.

Trump blaming video games made me laugh, though. Is it 1997?!
User avatar
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker
 
Posts: 41622
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor Champion (x2)

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:09 pm

PBells wrote:That Dayton incel also liked anime and metal music, better ban both of those!

But seriously, I know we can't regulate away social/societal problems. But we should be able to do something... I'm interested in treating the underlying cause, whatever it is that makes these people so isolated and angry.

Trump blaming video games made me laugh, though. Is it 1997?!



Well said mr sir :tup: :tup:


The video games argument pops up from time to time. Its so cringey. MK 1 back in 1993 promoted violence and torture and we haven't looked back since according to some :lol:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
 
Posts: 11403
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:25 am

TFlock wrote:
PBells wrote:There are just a lot of isolated, angry, mentally-disturbed weirdos out there. Combine that with more guns than people and you get this. Looks like the "good guys with guns" narrative and Texas being an open-carry state didn't help the 20 that have died in El Paso so far.

But the public doesn't care anymore. People are more upset at the thought of their "gun rights" being affected rather than the fact innocent people were murdered. Gun culture creeps me out, I'm immigrating to Canada or maybe Switerzland ASAP.

Also all true.

Sure, come to Canada. I’m out on the west coast. Expensive here but awesome. Weed everywhere :lol:



Pillar Bruins2012 will be in BC next June for a few night. We’ll smoke some bud, drink some beers and watch some fights.

“Send location.” :tup:



:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19583
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:05 pm

Mr Meow wrote:1993. 7.0 gun deaths per 100,000 in America
1993. 0.94 guns per person in America

2013. 3.6 gun deaths per 100,000 in America
2013. 1.45 guns per person in the US

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL32842.pdf



Obama pulled a Nixon in 1972. Nixon needed Weed to be illegal and for it to be dangerous. So he commissioned a report. When it came back it wasn't really bad and should be treated like tobacco and alcohol, he ignored the report and basically threw it in the trash

It did not reach the result he wanted. so he ignored it

2010. Obama commissions a report on Guns and defensive gun use especially. He wanted to show more guns = more deaths and therefore we must say fuck our rights to bear arms. Sadly (for him) the report showed the opposite (As cited above) and therefore he pulled a Nixon and just ignored the results

It did not reach the result he wanted. so he ignored it


Its funny how history repeats itself


If someone is going to break the law against killing people they will be willing to break the law against guns being illegal.

RIP to all those lost in these shootings. However gun control won't stop it. Its not an argument backed up in logic nor any statistical analysis derived from studies. It just isn't


The Dayton shooter cited AOC and Warren as inspirations for his shooting. As well as Socialism. Yet she really gets 0 blame from the media. You know why? Because mature people do not blame politicians for the actions of crazy isolated insane criminals. Unless they deliberately called it to action. Trump never has. Neither did AOC or Warren

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -socialism



U.S. population 329 million as of January 2019.

Do the math: 0.00915% of the population dies from gun related actions each year.

Statistically speaking, this is insignificant. It's not even a rounding error.

What is not insignificant, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths:

• 22,938 (76%) are by suicide which can't be prevented by gun laws

• 987 (3%) are by law enforcement, thus not relevant to Gun Control discussion.

• 489 (2%) are accidental

0.0017% of the population.

Still too many? Let's look at location:

• 298 (5%) - St Louis, MO (6)

• 327 (6%) - Detroit, MI (6)

• 328 (6%) - Baltimore, MD (6)

• 764 (14%) - Chicago, IL (6)

That's over 30% of all gun crime. In just 4 cities.

This leaves 3,856 for for everywhere else in America... about 77 deaths per state. Obviously some States have higher rates than others.


Any death is 1 to many obviously. However realistically if people were actually interested in cracking down on gun deaths in America they would want to crack down on gang related shootings in these 4 metropolitan areas.


Gang related homicides have been a massive decline since the year you referenced.

Every homocide is on decline since the year you mentioned actually, because your basis of comparison was the most murdery year in the history of the US :biggrin:

That's you don't use outliers as a measuring stick but whatevers clever.

I think the issue is not that gun homicide is up but that the rate of mass shooting has gone up substantially since 1993 (most murdery year in the US ever) and they often take place in schools and work places, right? Has the left been trying to tell everyone that murder rates are at all time highs? Totally missed that if thats the case.

I would imagine the public outcry is likely more about murdered children than Obama brainwashing us into thinking more people are dying than ever before no?

Folks get scared because the phenomena is relatively new (as far as it being commplace is concerned) and less familiar than good old fashioned murder. We don't know how to predict for them (like we can gang related homicide), media doesn't know how to cover it, no one seems to know how to deter it....so people just jump to the simplest conclusion, 'take the guns' because their scared.

I don't think anyone knows what the actual issue is but it is only getting worse..
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users