Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby PainDog » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:19 am

bruins2012 wrote:


One of the most inspirational intellects of our time
Image

Munir Lazzez Time

Damir Ismagulov Time

Khamzat Chimaev

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
User avatar
PainDog
Mod Emeritus
 
Posts: 9630
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Doha, Qatar
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:28 am

PainDog wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:


One of the most inspirational intellects of our time


:pointup:
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willmma » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:30 pm

KingOfPancrase wrote:Why should anyone care what Noam Chomsky says, thinks or does? :lol:


Because he's pretty smart and knowledgeable and capable of dissecting issues, checking the facts, incorporating historical events in his analysis, formulating thoughtful opinions without bias and finally capable of eloquently assembling his arguments to make them nearly fool proof and understandable.

Spoiler:
He is the antonym to Trump


So, exactly the type of guy everyone should care what he says or thinks.

:tup:
User avatar
willmma
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 6776
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019, Nov 2019, May 2020, June 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 pm

willmma wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Why should anyone care what Noam Chomsky says, thinks or does? :lol:


Because he's pretty smart and knowledgeable and capable of dissecting issues, checking the facts, incorporating historical events in his analysis, formulating thoughtful opinions without bias and finally capable of eloquently assembling his arguments to make them nearly fool proof and understandable.

Spoiler:
He is the antonym to Trump


So, exactly the type of guy everyone should care what he says or thinks.

:tup:



Eh I am pretty hit or miss on him

He has said a lot of very smart things

He has also said a lot of very dumb things

Robert Faurisson wrote a book denying the holocaust and Chomsky was doing everything he could to defend the man as not being an antisemite, which he clearly is :lol: :lol: after reading his book filled of bigotry towards Jews and denying the holocaust norm said he saw "no proof" that Faurisson was antisemitic :lol:

The fact he hasn't had the balls to apologize for defending a holocaust denier as not being antsemtic is pretty terrible in my view. Like we get you hate Israel Noam but damn dude sticking up for holocaust deniers as not being antisemites is a real bad look.

Also saying Jews were a privileged people who used antisemitism as a crutch was pretty damn racist of him

" By now Jews in the US are the most privileged and influential part of the population. You find occasional instances of anti-Semitism but they are marginal. There’s plenty of racism, but it’s directed against Blacks, Latinos, Arabs are targets of enormous racism, and those problems are real. Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem, fortunately. It’s raised, but it’s raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control. That’s why anti-Semitism is becoming an issue. Not because of the threat of anti-Semitism; they want to make sure there’s no critical look at the policies the US (and they themselves) support in the Middle East."

Then of course there is him sucking off chavez and Venezuela and refusing to admit he was wrong, which he clearly was. Going as far as blaming the USA which is his usual go to move when it comes to holding other countries to the same standards of accountability that he does places like the USA and Canada.

He also was all on Cuba's nuts for decades, probably still is. Same goes for the governments of North Vietnam and his gaslighting on the Khmer Rogue really did not age well at all, calling a book detailing the atrocities a "third rate propaganda tract" He was smart not to outright deny the genocides happened though.

Him speaking of 9/11 is about as close to "Did you see the way America was dressed? she was asking for it" victim blaming as it gets too without outright saying it. Saying Clinton killing 1 person in a missile attack on a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory was equal in cruelty to 3,000+ deaths on 9/11 was pretty comical too. I agree the missile attack was BS and a disgrace to American history but calling it as bad as 9/11 is absurd. When asked he always downplays it. Just own up to it Noam. We all say dumb shit, it happens

Overall I don't mind the guy. however he is far from infallible. Who isn't though i suppose? I give him a lot of credit for the smart stuff he says. Which outweighs the bad.


Spoiler:
You're welcome KOP for saying your future arguments for you :tup:


Spoiler:
Kitty playing devils advocate
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 6 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion
 
Posts: 11408
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Meow fell into my trap in a good way. I love ya brother. :lol:
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9808
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:05 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
willmma wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Why should anyone care what Noam Chomsky says, thinks or does? :lol:


Because he's pretty smart and knowledgeable and capable of dissecting issues, checking the facts, incorporating historical events in his analysis, formulating thoughtful opinions without bias and finally capable of eloquently assembling his arguments to make them nearly fool proof and understandable.

Spoiler:
He is the antonym to Trump


So, exactly the type of guy everyone should care what he says or thinks.

:tup:



Eh I am pretty hit or miss on him

He has said a lot of very smart things

He has also said a lot of very dumb things

Robert Faurisson wrote a book denying the holocaust and Chomsky was doing everything he could to defend the man as not being an antisemite, which he clearly is :lol: :lol: after reading his book filled of bigotry towards Jews and denying the holocaust norm said he saw "no proof" that Faurisson was antisemitic :lol:

The fact he hasn't had the balls to apologize for defending a holocaust denier as not being antsemtic is pretty terrible in my view. Like we get you hate Israel Noam but damn dude sticking up for holocaust deniers as not being antisemites is a real bad look.

Also saying Jews were a privileged people who used antisemitism as a crutch was pretty damn racist of him

" By now Jews in the US are the most privileged and influential part of the population. You find occasional instances of anti-Semitism but they are marginal. There’s plenty of racism, but it’s directed against Blacks, Latinos, Arabs are targets of enormous racism, and those problems are real. Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem, fortunately. It’s raised, but it’s raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control. That’s why anti-Semitism is becoming an issue. Not because of the threat of anti-Semitism; they want to make sure there’s no critical look at the policies the US (and they themselves) support in the Middle East."

Then of course there is him sucking off chavez and Venezuela and refusing to admit he was wrong, which he clearly was. Going as far as blaming the USA which is his usual go to move when it comes to holding other countries to the same standards of accountability that he does places like the USA and Canada.

He also was all on Cuba's nuts for decades, probably still is. Same goes for the governments of North Vietnam and his gaslighting on the Khmer Rogue really did not age well at all, calling a book detailing the atrocities a "third rate propaganda tract" He was smart not to outright deny the genocides happened though.

Him speaking of 9/11 is about as close to "Did you see the way America was dressed? she was asking for it" victim blaming as it gets too without outright saying it. Saying Clinton killing 1 person in a missile attack on a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory was equal in cruelty to 3,000+ deaths on 9/11 was pretty comical too. I agree the missile attack was BS and a disgrace to American history but calling it as bad as 9/11 is absurd. When asked he always downplays it. Just own up to it Noam. We all say dumb shit, it happens

Overall I don't mind the guy. however he is far from infallible. Who isn't though i suppose? I give him a lot of credit for the smart stuff he says. Which outweighs the bad.


Spoiler:
You're welcome KOP for saying your future arguments for you :tup:


Spoiler:
Kitty playing devils advocate



The book by Robert has been addressed by Noam numerous times already.

Don’t see the issue with Jews and being privileged in the context is he using it in.


Cuba, Venezuela and etc. I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

And the US does export terrorism around the globe. How is that statement incorrect?
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Bruins its time for you to graduate to the next level. . .
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willmma » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
willmma wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Why should anyone care what Noam Chomsky says, thinks or does? :lol:


Because he's pretty smart and knowledgeable and capable of dissecting issues, checking the facts, incorporating historical events in his analysis, formulating thoughtful opinions without bias and finally capable of eloquently assembling his arguments to make them nearly fool proof and understandable.

Spoiler:
He is the antonym to Trump


So, exactly the type of guy everyone should care what he says or thinks.

:tup:



Eh I am pretty hit or miss on him

He has said a lot of very smart things

He has also said a lot of very dumb things

Robert Faurisson wrote a book denying the holocaust and Chomsky was doing everything he could to defend the man as not being an antisemite, which he clearly is :lol: :lol: after reading his book filled of bigotry towards Jews and denying the holocaust norm said he saw "no proof" that Faurisson was antisemitic :lol:

The fact he hasn't had the balls to apologize for defending a holocaust denier as not being antsemtic is pretty terrible in my view. Like we get you hate Israel Noam but damn dude sticking up for holocaust deniers as not being antisemites is a real bad look.



this video makes it clear he is not defending the holocaust denier's views rather he's defending freedom of speech. And arguments like yours only serve to conflate the two.



it sounds like you are just going with the attacks of his detractors and not actually listening to what he's saying. saying he "was doing everything he could to defend the man as not being an antisemite" is actually 100% wrong.

this is not a good start for your argument that he said a lot of very dumb things.


Mr Meow wrote:
Also saying Jews were a privileged people who used antisemitism as a crutch was pretty damn racist of him

" By now Jews in the US are the most privileged and influential part of the population. You find occasional instances of anti-Semitism but they are marginal. There’s plenty of racism, but it’s directed against Blacks, Latinos, Arabs are targets of enormous racism, and those problems are real. Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem, fortunately. It’s raised, but it’s raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control. That’s why anti-Semitism is becoming an issue. Not because of the threat of anti-Semitism; they want to make sure there’s no critical look at the policies the US (and they themselves) support in the Middle East."



You are misreading what he says. The comment is about the misuse of the "antisemite" accusation.

This excerpt is from an article where the message is there are people who try to equate criticism of Israel as antisemitism. And as such to stop all criticism of the state.

this is slowly becoming true. here is an example https://mondoweiss.net/2019/06/floridas ... hroughout/
and https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/an ... egislation

again, you are off on the "he said a lot of very dumb things" argument .


Mr Meow wrote:
Then of course there is him sucking off chavez and Venezuela and refusing to admit he was wrong, which he clearly was. Going as far as blaming the USA which is his usual go to move when it comes to holding other countries to the same standards of accountability that he does places like the USA and Canada.

He also was all on Cuba's nuts for decades, probably still is. Same goes for the governments of North Vietnam and his gaslighting on the Khmer Rogue really did not age well at all, calling a book detailing the atrocities a "third rate propaganda tract" He was smart not to outright deny the genocides happened though.



There is a lot of historical events in latin america. The USA had hand in many of the what happened there and it is legitimate to blame the US for things it did.
see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... in_America


On Khmer Rouge here's what he said:
"
I think it should be left to the Cambodian people. I can’t imagine a UN, international trial. But then it shouldn’t be limited to the Cambodians — after all, an international trial that doesn’t take into account Henry Kissinger or the other authors of the American bombing and the support of the KR after they were kicked out of the country — that’s just a farce — especially with what we now know about the bombing of Cambodia since the release of the Kissinger-Nixon tapes, and the release of declassified documents during the Clinton years. There has been a very different picture of the scale and intensity of the bombing and the genocidal scale of it. For an international trial to omit this would be scandalous.

...
I think that’s a decision for Cambodians to make –the questions should be: should [the prosecutions] be limited to KR criminals, or should it include criminals from the Lon Nol regime, or later, but those are decisions the Cambodian need to make.



He's basically saying that KR are criminals but there are also people who empowered them that also culpable, he is naming Henry Kissinger and the US bombing Cambodia to support the KR.

You still havent shown him saying "a lot of very dumb things"


Mr Meow wrote:
Him speaking of 9/11 is about as close to "Did you see the way America was dressed? she was asking for it" victim blaming as it gets too without outright saying it. Saying Clinton killing 1 person in a missile attack on a Sudanese pharmaceutical factory was equal in cruelty to 3,000+ deaths on 9/11 was pretty comical too. I agree the missile attack was BS and a disgrace to American history but calling it as bad as 9/11 is absurd. When asked he always downplays it. Just own up to it Noam. We all say dumb shit, it happens



That sounds like more of a misreading what he says.

About the bombing of the Sudanese factory bombing he is clearly referencing bonafide sources for his numbers and drawing conclusions from them. Showing that he is capable of dissecting issues, checking the facts, incorporating historical events in his analysis, formulating thoughtful opinions without bias and finally capable of eloquently assembling his arguments to make them nearly fool proof and understandable



And not saying "a lot of very dumb things"

Mr Meow wrote:
Overall I don't mind the guy. however he is far from infallible. Who isn't though i suppose? I give him a lot of credit for the smart stuff he says. Which outweighs the bad.



I'm glad you dont mind him. No one is infallible. But all you were able to show is that you dont take criticism of US actions well at all. And you havent provided any real examples of him saying very dumb things.
User avatar
willmma
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 6776
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019, Nov 2019, May 2020, June 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Bruins listen to the end the politics part gets good :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:24 am

The deal Donald Trump wants to make with Iran is basically the deal Barack Obama made, yet Trump is convinced any deal Obama made is terrible.


:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:26 am

[wquote="DeceptaCon"]Bruins listen to the end the politics part gets good :lol: :lol:

[/quote]


Can’t do it. No video, only pictures, 30 minutes, don’t know who this guy is........cliff notes(?)
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19599
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:44 am

DeceptaCon wrote:Bruins listen to the end the politics part gets good :lol: :lol:



Dude I just listened to like 8 minutes of that and jesus fucking christ dude...do we need to have an intervention?
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:59 pm

bwawm wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:Bruins listen to the end the politics part gets good :lol: :lol:



Dude I just listened to like 8 minutes of that and jesus fucking christ dude...do we need to have an intervention?

You have to start at chapter 1, I have watched all the way to chapter 58. I am way past the intervention stages, this guy is hilarious.
Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:18 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
bwawm wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:Bruins listen to the end the politics part gets good :lol: :lol:



Dude I just listened to like 8 minutes of that and jesus fucking christ dude...do we need to have an intervention?

You have to start at chapter 1, I have watched all the way to chapter 58. I am way past the intervention stages, this guy is hilarious.



:lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
Are you beyond saving.....or am I? :shock:
bwawm
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:13 pm

bwawm wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:
bwawm wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:Bruins listen to the end the politics part gets good :lol: :lol:



Dude I just listened to like 8 minutes of that and jesus fucking christ dude...do we need to have an intervention?

You have to start at chapter 1, I have watched all the way to chapter 58. I am way past the intervention stages, this guy is hilarious.



:lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
Are you beyond saving.....or am I? :shock:

Image
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Image
Spoiler:
Image

Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 18424
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Stalking Ker in the Mall of Germany
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users