Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 am

KingOfPancrase wrote:Brother what you gonna do when Donny drops another supreme court justice to run wild on you. Now if Ginsberg would just stroke out :lol:


:lol: :lol:

It's great having you back KOP :tup:

Next weekend if you are available feel free to stop by chat for the UFC event on Friday and or Saturday. Would love to shoot the shit and watch violence with you and the fellow linker brethern again :cig: :cig: :beer:


Spoiler:
Image
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby PBells » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Well this will be entertaining at the very least. One thing I will give Trump is that he manages to find the most comically inept and undignified people possible. :lol:
User avatar
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker
 
Posts: 41074
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor Champion

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Brother what you gonna do when Donny drops another supreme court justice to run wild on you. Now if Ginsberg would just stroke out :lol:


:lol: :lol:

It's great having you back KOP :tup:

Next weekend if you are available feel free to stop by chat for the UFC event on Friday and or Saturday. Would love to shoot the shit and watch violence with you and the fellow linker brethern again :cig: :cig: :beer:


Spoiler:
Image

Not sure if I'm down for ultimate bum fights finale on Friday....but I'm definitely down for UFC 226 on Saturday. What chat are you guys using these days? Link? I'm on vacation right now so I can watch the whole event rather than just barely catching the co main and main event when I get off work.
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9278
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:11 pm

KingOfPancrase wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Brother what you gonna do when Donny drops another supreme court justice to run wild on you. Now if Ginsberg would just stroke out :lol:


:lol: :lol:

It's great having you back KOP :tup:

Next weekend if you are available feel free to stop by chat for the UFC event on Friday and or Saturday. Would love to shoot the shit and watch violence with you and the fellow linker brethern again :cig: :cig: :beer:


Spoiler:
Image

Not sure if I'm down for ultimate bum fights finale on Friday....but I'm definitely down for UFC 226 on Saturday. What chat are you guys using these days? Link? I'm on vacation right now so I can watch the whole event rather than just barely catching the co main and main event when I get off work.


We use this discord thing meow

https://discordapp.com/channels/3680862

For sure pop in for the Saturday fights mr sir if you can. Would be a hoot as always to shoot the shit with ya :tup:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:Brother what you gonna do when Donny drops another supreme court justice to run wild on you. Now if Ginsberg would just stroke out :lol:


:lol: :lol:

It's great having you back KOP :tup:

Next weekend if you are available feel free to stop by chat for the UFC event on Friday and or Saturday. Would love to shoot the shit and watch violence with you and the fellow linker brethern again :cig: :cig: :beer:


Spoiler:
Image

Not sure if I'm down for ultimate bum fights finale on Friday....but I'm definitely down for UFC 226 on Saturday. What chat are you guys using these days? Link? I'm on vacation right now so I can watch the whole event rather than just barely catching the co main and main event when I get off work.


We use this discord thing meow

https://discordapp.com/channels/3680862

For sure pop in for the Saturday fights mr sir if you can. Would be a hoot as always to shoot the shit with ya :tup:

I made an account.... not sure if this thing is working though. Says I don't have access to text channels. Whatever the fuck that is.
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9278
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:12 pm

Sean Hannity is Scared.....


- Medicare For All

- Housing As a Human Right

- A Federal Jobs Guarantee

- Gun Control / Assault Weapons Ban

- Criminal Justice Reform, End Private Prisons

- Immigration Justice / Abolish ICE

- Solidarity with Puerto Rico

- Mobilizing Against Climate Change

- Clean Campaign Finance

- Higher Education for All

- Women’s Rights

- Support LGBTQIA+

- Support Seniors

- Curb Wall Street Gambling: Restore Glass Steagall


:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 19088
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:34 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Sean Hannity is Scared.....


- Medicare For All

- Housing As a Human Right

- A Federal Jobs Guarantee

- Gun Control / Assault Weapons Ban

- Criminal Justice Reform, End Private Prisons

- Immigration Justice / Abolish ICE

- Solidarity with Puerto Rico

- Mobilizing Against Climate Change

- Clean Campaign Finance

- Higher Education for All

- Women’s Rights

- Support LGBTQIA+

- Support Seniors

- Curb Wall Street Gambling: Restore Glass Steagall


:P

Please i'm begging you. With tears in my eyes. If you can't drag the corpse of Hilary out on the campaign trail.....let it be this communist diversity woman in 2020. Democratic Party implosion :lol: :P
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9278
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby PBells » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:16 pm

#walkaway
User avatar
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker
 
Posts: 41074
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019, Dec 2019
Survivor Champion

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby KingOfPancrase » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:25 pm

PBells wrote:#walkaway

Spoiler:
Image
User avatar
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory
 
Posts: 9278
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:35 pm
Location: Valhalla
Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby MurderfaceMMA » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:42 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
KingOfPancrase wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:“Newly released satellite images show North Korea making numerous improvements and changes to a nuclear research facility, just weeks after North Korean leader Kim Jong Un vowed to denuclearize the Korean peninsula after meeting with President Trump.”


:lol:



Spoiler:
Image



:P

Dude....for fucks sake. I've been getting on to you for this for like 7 god damn years. If you're going to try and win an argument with ((("*quotes*"))) at least post fucking sources. Come on.



Look it up. It’s easy. The argument is already won, and it has been from the start. How stupid does someone (Murder) have to be to trust an agreement between a brutal dictator (Kim), a moron (Trump), and a brutal regime (North Korea) that has done this exact same thing numerous times in the past. It’s like Murder is incapable of reading up on a nation’s past history.

For fuck sakes KOP....its fucking North Korea.

:P

I think its adorable how you expected NK to stop all preexisting construction projects before an agreement has been made. You should probably leave this stuff for grown ups to discuss. :lol:
Image
User avatar
MurderfaceMMA
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 6662
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willmma » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:36 am

So how about.... The US invade.... Hmmmm

Venezuela!

After all, they have oil and are in need for some Freedom (r)
User avatar
willmma
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 6657
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019, Nov 2019

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:03 am

willmma wrote:So how about.... The US invade.... Hmmmm

Venezuela!

After all, they have oil and are in need for some Freedom (r)


You did not take that report seriously did you? :lol: :lol: I dislike Trump for sure but when CNN writes an article about Trump saying he asked about invading Venezuela but provide no sources and say within the article it was "most likely Trump thinking out loud and not being serious" then I really can not take it seriously myself.

Fox News is running an article with no sources cited saying Obama secretly wanted to invade Yemen in 2014. - an article i would put as much stock in as i would this one.

Nobody is invading Venezuela anytime soon. According to Noam Chomsky and Bernie Sanders a few years ago Venezuela is a thriving economy and country which is a perfect example of socialist policies working out beneficially. I haven't checked in on ol Venezuela in awhile but I certainly believe its doing fine since Chomsky and Sanders said it would be.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willmma » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
willmma wrote:So how about.... The US invade.... Hmmmm

Venezuela!

After all, they have oil and are in need for some Freedom (r)


You did not take that report seriously did you? :lol: :lol: I dislike Trump for sure but when CNN writes an article about Trump saying he asked about invading Venezuela but provide no sources and say within the article it was "most likely Trump thinking out loud and not being serious" then I really can not take it seriously myself.

Fox News is running an article with no sources cited saying Obama secretly wanted to invade Yemen in 2014. - an article i would put as much stock in as i would this one.

Nobody is invading Venezuela anytime soon. According to Noam Chomsky and Bernie Sanders a few years ago Venezuela is a thriving economy and country which is a perfect example of socialist policies working out beneficially. I haven't checked in on ol Venezuela in awhile but I certainly believe its doing fine since Chomsky and Sanders said it would be.



I did take it seriously. It's not just CNN

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ela-report
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07 ... -venezuela
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 30571.html
https://apnews.com/a3309c4990ac4581834d4a654f7746ef

I'm sure if Trump pushed it harder then Fox would support the idea.

You also threw out a couple of red herrings:
Obama attacking Yemen. I don't know. Maybe there is some merit. Obama never stopped bombing Yemen via drones, and was actively, militarily, and logistically supporting the Saudi attack on Yemen. So it's not far fetched for the Obama administration to not only to provide F14s and refuel them and restock them with ammunition but to have also considered joining in on the hostilities.

And then your shot at Chomsky and Sanders and Venezuela's socialism. amusing. It is true that Venzeuela is struggling economically, but is probably more due the US imposed sanctions on them rather than their socialist policies. That's like running a vegetarian over with a car and then blaming his ailing health on his diet.

:tup:
User avatar
willmma
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 6657
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019, Nov 2019

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:14 pm

willmma wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
willmma wrote:So how about.... The US invade.... Hmmmm

Venezuela!

After all, they have oil and are in need for some Freedom (r)


You did not take that report seriously did you? :lol: :lol: I dislike Trump for sure but when CNN writes an article about Trump saying he asked about invading Venezuela but provide no sources and say within the article it was "most likely Trump thinking out loud and not being serious" then I really can not take it seriously myself.

Fox News is running an article with no sources cited saying Obama secretly wanted to invade Yemen in 2014. - an article i would put as much stock in as i would this one.

Nobody is invading Venezuela anytime soon. According to Noam Chomsky and Bernie Sanders a few years ago Venezuela is a thriving economy and country which is a perfect example of socialist policies working out beneficially. I haven't checked in on ol Venezuela in awhile but I certainly believe its doing fine since Chomsky and Sanders said it would be.



I did take it seriously. It's not just CNN

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ela-report
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07 ... -venezuela
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 30571.html
https://apnews.com/a3309c4990ac4581834d4a654f7746ef

I'm sure if Trump pushed it harder then Fox would support the idea.

You also threw out a couple of red herrings:
Obama attacking Yemen. I don't know. Maybe there is some merit. Obama never stopped bombing Yemen via drones, and was actively, militarily, and logistically supporting the Saudi attack on Yemen. So it's not far fetched for the Obama administration to not only to provide F14s and refuel them and restock them with ammunition but to have also considered joining in on the hostilities.

And then your shot at Chomsky and Sanders and Venezuela's socialism. amusing. It is true that Venzeuela is struggling economically, but is probably more due the US imposed sanctions on them rather than their socialist policies. That's like running a vegetarian over with a car and then blaming his ailing health on his diet.

:tup:


Do not get me wrong mr sir. I am not meaning to hold water for Trump. I mostly dislike him. You are right though if Trump made this legitimately a part of his plan Fox for sure would find ways to support it :lol: Hannity at 10 "Venezuela has the same flag design of Colombia...you think you can just throw some stars on it and we won't notice? Trump is coming with troops to make you change your flag one way or the other! This is about spreading freedom dammit"


You are right about Obama though. He bombed the fuck out of Yemen. Do not get me started on that though. Otherwise I will be ranting about how killing US citizens on foreign soil, in this case Yemen, without charging them with a crime, presenting evidence or allowing any rights of due process. is total BS and a gigantic abuse of power. I was hoping Trump would not continue Obama's drone program but I expected him to quite frankly. Even with such high civilian casualty rates.

I personally am not a big fan of the US putting sanctions on any countries. Venezuela included. However the economic demise they are currently experiencing was occurring far before Trump put any of his three rounds of sanctions on them. Blocking Maduro from selling off government debt to US investors at the fraction of the price and pocketing the money is not resulting in the economic collapse of Venezuela in my opinion.

Also to be fair Obama kicked off the sanctions on Venezuela back in 2014 before the economy totally went belly up. Trumps sanctions were first implemented in the summer of last year I am pretty sure. If you can tell me how Trumps sanctions, occurring after the start of the collapse, had a bigger effect on the collapse than the ones Obama implemented before the collapse, I would be all ears. I certainly am not stuck in my position when it comes to Trump on Venezuela.

Meow Meow kind sir. :cig:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 11164
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Pick-Em Champion: January 2020

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willmma » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
willmma wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
willmma wrote:So how about.... The US invade.... Hmmmm

Venezuela!

After all, they have oil and are in need for some Freedom (r)


You did not take that report seriously did you? :lol: :lol: I dislike Trump for sure but when CNN writes an article about Trump saying he asked about invading Venezuela but provide no sources and say within the article it was "most likely Trump thinking out loud and not being serious" then I really can not take it seriously myself.

Fox News is running an article with no sources cited saying Obama secretly wanted to invade Yemen in 2014. - an article i would put as much stock in as i would this one.

Nobody is invading Venezuela anytime soon. According to Noam Chomsky and Bernie Sanders a few years ago Venezuela is a thriving economy and country which is a perfect example of socialist policies working out beneficially. I haven't checked in on ol Venezuela in awhile but I certainly believe its doing fine since Chomsky and Sanders said it would be.



I did take it seriously. It's not just CNN

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ela-report
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07 ... -venezuela
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 30571.html
https://apnews.com/a3309c4990ac4581834d4a654f7746ef

I'm sure if Trump pushed it harder then Fox would support the idea.

You also threw out a couple of red herrings:
Obama attacking Yemen. I don't know. Maybe there is some merit. Obama never stopped bombing Yemen via drones, and was actively, militarily, and logistically supporting the Saudi attack on Yemen. So it's not far fetched for the Obama administration to not only to provide F14s and refuel them and restock them with ammunition but to have also considered joining in on the hostilities.

And then your shot at Chomsky and Sanders and Venezuela's socialism. amusing. It is true that Venzeuela is struggling economically, but is probably more due the US imposed sanctions on them rather than their socialist policies. That's like running a vegetarian over with a car and then blaming his ailing health on his diet.

:tup:


Do not get me wrong mr sir. I am not meaning to hold water for Trump. I mostly dislike him. You are right though if Trump made this legitimately a part of his plan Fox for sure would find ways to support it :lol: Hannity at 10 "Venezuela has the same flag design of Colombia...you think you can just throw some stars on it and we won't notice? Trump is coming with troops to make you change your flag one way or the other! This is about spreading freedom dammit"


You are right about Obama though. He bombed the fuck out of Yemen. Do not get me started on that though. Otherwise I will be ranting about how killing US citizens on foreign soil, in this case Yemen, without charging them with a crime, presenting evidence or allowing any rights of due process. is total BS and a gigantic abuse of power. I was hoping Trump would not continue Obama's drone program but I expected him to quite frankly. Even with such high civilian casualty rates.

I personally am not a big fan of the US putting sanctions on any countries. Venezuela included. However the economic demise they are currently experiencing was occurring far before Trump put any of his three rounds of sanctions on them. Blocking Maduro from selling off government debt to US investors at the fraction of the price and pocketing the money is not resulting in the economic collapse of Venezuela in my opinion.

Also to be fair Obama kicked off the sanctions on Venezuela back in 2014 before the economy totally went belly up. Trumps sanctions were first implemented in the summer of last year I am pretty sure. If you can tell me how Trumps sanctions, occurring after the start of the collapse, had a bigger effect on the collapse than the ones Obama implemented before the collapse, I would be all ears. I certainly am not stuck in my position when it comes to Trump on Venezuela.

Meow Meow kind sir. :cig:


That's fine. I didn't say Trump did the sanctions. I'm not arguing Obama vs Trump. Just saying that US sanctions caused the economic collapse not their socialist policies. Just responding to your implied cause that their economy collapsed because of their socialist policies contradicting Chomsky and Sanders.
User avatar
willmma
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 6657
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Location: Go Leafs!
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep 2019, Nov 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users