Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby agonzalez1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:19 am

Barak roll is kinda funny.

I disagree with you Assassin..because no one really knows why they are voting for B.O.

Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:24 am

They're voting for him because he's different.
Or rather everyone thinks he's different.
That's what happened in Ukraine.
We had one Putin puppet using propaganda and everything and because people demonstrated they got the other guy.
Turns out the other guy was just a big talker.
I'd rather take a chance with the guy who says he'll change stuff, and risk that he won't, than get the guy who won't change stuff.

But hell, what do I know, I'm just a Canadian.
TheAssassin
4th Professional Linker Victory

Postby agonzalez1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:29 am

Burnz = Honest...i'll give you that...

McCain has done a whole heck of a lot for this country, Palin has usurped her own party. McCain is decried by his own party because he is a different Republican.

Obama is the most unqualified, unvetted, unchallenged candidate ever. It's quite shocking.
Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:30 am

agonzalez1 wrote:Burnz = Honest...i'll give you that...

McCain has done a whole heck of a lot for this country, Palin has usurped her own party. McCain is decried by his own party because he is a different Republican.

Obama is the most unqualified, unvetted, unchallenged candidate ever. It's quite shocking.

But he's black.
And he can dance.
And he's good at talking.
And he's not 72 years old.
TheAssassin

Postby chadjohn24 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:03 am

I had already posted the Stern bit about the Harlem voters :D
chadjohn24
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby detfilteg » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:10 am

agonzalez1 wrote:Burnz = Honest...i'll give you that...

I recieved an email not too long ago comparing the qualifications of Obama and Abraham Lincoln. I'll see if I can find it, or at least the comparisons. You guys know how I feel about both of the top candidates so I will not go there again.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby agonzalez1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Lincoln v Obama....hmm, i'd still vote for the Republican. :wink:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On other news:

Ralph Nader for President 2008

October 22, 2008
www. votenader. org
www. officialnaderstore. com

Let the debate begin!

The third party and independent candidates for President will duke it out tomorrow night.

At the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. at 9 p.m. EST.

And it will be shown live on C-Span.

Ralph Nader will be there.

Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin will be there.

We've been told that Green Party candidate Cynthia McKinney and Libertarian Party candidate Bob Barr have been invited but haven't committed to attend yet.

If you are in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, please come on down to the Mayflower Hotel (1127 Connecticut Avenue NW -- Farragut North Metro Stop on the Red Line) and catch an historic event -- a Presidential debate that includes Ralph Nader.

If you are not in the the DC area, hope you get a chance to watch it live on C-Span.

If you get a chance, organize a debate party and watch with friends, family and neighbors.

Should be a lot of fun.

And Ralph will have a chance to lay out before a national television audience the Nader/Gonzalez people-powered platform that Obama and McCain and the national media ignored during the three Anheuser-Busch sponsored parallel interviews (aka The Presidential Debates.)

Onward to November.

The Nader Team
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Jinzo » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:05 pm

These two candidates will make my election day easy. I just won't vote, i mean if you look really closely their not different at all. You have corruption on both sides. Obama we all know about his pastor and um Acorn. On John Mccain's side we have Sarah Palin she's tied to so much corruption I can't even listed it all. I wish Mccain would of came out and said "No bail out, we should get the government out of the economy" something along those lines that would of made it up for me for picking Palin. Palin will be Mccain's weakest link I can't stand for corruption, she makes my party look bad. I am a republician but I am no republician dick sucker. Even George Bush publicly said I wish Mccain would of consulted with me before making his vp selection.

Both parties will waste our hard earn money you have Obama who will favor spending on useless government junk programs that will lead us no where. Mccain on the other hand favors the 700 billion dollar Iraq war. =How much more money must we spend on this war? I'm tired of our government spending our money to police the world and i'm tired of being blamed and hated for it by the world. Enough spending!!!!

This will be just like 1992 when we most of us didn't go out and vote for George Bush Sr because he raised taxes, in this case we have a great candidate but he made a bad selection. Don't count on me voting democrat, I either vote Republician/Libertarian or don't vote at all. PEACE!!!!!

What is Libertiarn Party?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Libertarian_Party
Jinzo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby dereq » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Indeed, The Pied Piper plays his flute well.

War McCain.

NoBama![/quote]

Your sig is ridiculous and downright offensive. To compare Obama to Hitler and Lenin is about as false as an analogy as you can make. The only reason you put it up is 'cause you're a moderator, and you can hide behind your authority, which frankly, for lack of a better word, is pathetic... :x As much as I like Obama, if McCain becomes pres., I don't think the country will go down the tubes...They are both qualified politicians, their differences are of petty opinion, not of earth shattering consequences....Your stance screams of paranoia and fear mongering, it is as extreme as it is irrational..Furthermore, I find it strange that you would bring politics onto this forum, which obviously ignites opinions, when the last time I checked this was an MMA website!!!
Last edited by dereq on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Back in MY day we didn't have rounds, rules, weight classes, training camps, high protein diets, HGH or TRT.... Bullshit."
dereq
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:52 pm

dereq wrote:Indeed, The Pied Piper plays his flute well.

War McCain.

NoBama!

Your sig is ridiculous and downright offensive. To compare Obama to Hitler and Lenin is about as false as an analogy as you can make. The only reason you put it up is 'cause you're a moderator, and you can hide behind your authority, which frankly, for lack of a better word, is pathetic... :x As much as I like Obama, if McCain becomes pres., I don't think the country will go down the tubes...They are both qualified politicians, their differences are of petty opinion, not of earth shattering consequences....Your stance screams of paranoia and fear mongering, it is as extreme as it is irrational..[/quote]

I agree with everything, except for the insults.
TheAssassin

Postby agonzalez1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:00 pm

There are similarities. All were/are very popular in their own countries, all were/are great public speakers that did not show their true intentions until later on in their "careers". There have been many horrific comparisons of GW Bush to Hitler, yet it only matters when it happens to Barack Obama.

Obama has promised hope and change..yet his constituencies...who hold a great deal of power over him, are in support of the reinstatement of the "Fairness Doctrine", Net Neutrality, he has people that are out to prosecute anyone that has a dissenting opinion of him...called the Obama "Truth Squad". There a children being taught to sing songs and praise his name. They are calling him the "Alpha and Omega".

All at the same time, can you tell me what Obama has done that would let you believe that he is bipartisan? that he will work across party lines? that he will be a guardian of the constitution?

My fear is that many are voting for Obama, and really dont know what he stands for. The media covers McCain Negatively 57% of the time. They praise Obama and do not ask him tough questions.
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:04 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:There are similarities. All were/are very popular in their own countries, all were/are great public speakers that did not show their true intentions until later on in their "careers". There have been many horrific comparisons of GW Bush to Hitler, yet it only matters when it happens to Barack Obama.

Obama has promised hope and change..yet his constituencies...who hold a great deal of power over him, are in support of the reinstatement of the "Fairness Doctrine", Net Neutrality, he has people that are out to prosecute anyone that has a dissenting opinion of him...called the Obama "Truth Squad". There a children being taught to sing songs and praise his name. They are calling him the "Alpha and Omega".

All at the same time, can you tell me what Obama has done that would let you believe that he is bipartisan? that he will work across party lines? that he will be a guardian of the constitution?

My fear is that many are voting for Obama, and really dont know what he stands for. The media covers McCain Negatively 57% of the time. They praise Obama and do not ask him tough questions.

I wouldn't compare Bush to Obama either.
Obama is winning by a couple percent.
EVERYONE liked Hitler and Lenin's idea.

Where are children being taught to worship Obama?
If they are, I doubt it's his campaign doing it.
If there were any logical proof of that, the press would be all over it.
But I do agree, they're generally for Obama, which is a bad thing, the media should be neutral, but hey Freedom of Speech works both ways.
TheAssassin

Postby dereq » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:08 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:There are similarities. All were/are very popular in their own countries, all were/are great public speakers that did not show their true intentions until later on in their "careers". There have been many horrific comparisons of GW Bush to Hitler, yet it only matters when it happens to Barack Obama.

Ah, you're pulling out the "liberal media" card that Republicans are so fond of...It's becoming a bit of a cliche...Also, "negative McCain coverage" is not something you can quantify...What constitutes "negative coverage" ? Negative is an opinion, it's not a number, an amount, or a measurement...That stat means nothing...
"Back in MY day we didn't have rounds, rules, weight classes, training camps, high protein diets, HGH or TRT.... Bullshit."
dereq
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby TheAssassin » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Dude, I'm a Obama supporter but I see what he pulling at.
I've noticed that the media pulls of Obama in a general trend.
But hey, they also reported that W won the election before he actually did, so we'll count it even.
TheAssassin

Postby agonzalez1 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:13 pm

dereq wrote:
Ah, you're pulling out the "liberal media" card that Republicans are so fond of...It's becoming a bit of a cliche...Also, "negative McCain coverage" is not something you can quantify...What constitutes "negative coverage" ? Negative is an opinion, it's not a number, an amount, or a measurement...That stat means nothing...

its not a card its a fact, here is your "quantification"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-tr ... _much.html
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion