Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: Obama vs. McCain *Poll

Postby matttoma3 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:37 pm

THEEBURNZ wrote:
KidRockYa wrote:
Steveomac 4 wrote:i dont know why it matters this country is already fucked beyond repair

+1 :(

yeah were all going to be dead in 4 years anyways so who cares :shock:

is that a reference to the mayan calender?

December 21, 2012.
End of the world as we know it.
EGGYEGG IS THE SHIT. HE IS QUITE FRANKLY THE MOST INTELLIGENT SIGBETTER ON THIS PLANET. I BOW DOWN TO HIS AWESOMENESS. CRO COP IS MY HERO!!
1-1
Bets? GSP,Hendo,Fitch,Akiyama,Bonnar,Miller
matttoma3
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Jim Hellen » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:24 am

I'm voting McCain, Obama is corrupt.
Jim Hellen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Edro_ownage » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:38 pm

I 3at Pain wrote:
chadjohn24 wrote:Since Obama is the antichrist, I think I'll take McCain. Easy decision.

+1
+Cthulu
+Pizza

Whatever cuz thats funny AND true.

WAR MCCAIN! BlObama's gonna ruin this country..

wat can obama do to the country wat george dubya hasnt done already. send every citizen to iraq looking for invisible weapons without a decent strategic plan. i agree goin to war was the right idea, but wtf r we still doin there!!! george bush, 1st mentally handicap president :lol:
CANT SEE ME
sehnsucht
Edro_ownage
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby chadjohn24 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:03 pm

chadjohn24
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby chadjohn24 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Seems Obama is the only one with a problem saluting the flag :roll:
chadjohn24
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby agonzalez1 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:22 pm

Obama on what he thinks of regular average joes:

On the Church that he "never" heard bad things...pay particular attention at the 8:20-the end

Agonzalez1: MMAlinker's first 2 Time Interim Champion and your NEW MMALinker World Champion!!!!
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby Jim Hellen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:37 am

I'm glad you showed that video Gonzalez, I really don't know how anyone can vote for Obama he's the most corrupt candinate, honestly I don't know how he's done all these things and is still in this position he is and might actually become our next president it's beyond me and I'm definetly voting for McCain.
Jim Hellen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 am

Why are there only two choices in this poll? There are more than two choices on election day.

McCain isn't exactly free of corruption himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Jim Hellen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 am

Well at least McCain wasn't apart of a racist church or friends and neighbors with a guy who was apart of a terrorist group that bombed the world trade center..
Jim Hellen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Jim Hellen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:36 am

THEEBURNZ wrote:
Jim Hellen wrote:I'm voting McCain, Obama is corrupt.

everyone in politics is corupt but id have to say obama is less

not at all man
Jim Hellen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:48 am

Jim Hellen wrote:Well at least McCain wasn't apart of a racist church or friends and neighbors with a guy who was apart of a terrorist group that bombed the world trade center..

I do not care about the candidates personal life, I care about their stance on the issues. The stances of the two candidates in this poll do not match up with my stances even marginally so I refuse to vote for either of them. As we can tell by this election our "two" party system is broken and could not give us a candidate worth a vote, so personally I will be voting for a thrid party candidate. These two candidates do not offer any type of change or any sound platform to strengthen our national security or economy, only the same old things that Washington has been doing for years and years. As for their foreign policy, they are almost identical.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Jim Hellen » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:06 pm

detfilteg wrote:
Jim Hellen wrote:Well at least McCain wasn't apart of a racist church or friends and neighbors with a guy who was apart of a terrorist group that bombed the world trade center..

I do not care about the candidates personal life, I care about their stance on the issues. The stances of the two candidates in this poll do not match up with my stances even marginally so I refuse to vote for either of them. As we can tell by this election our "two" party system is broken and could not give us a candidate worth a vote, so personally I will be voting for a thrid party candidate. These two candidates do not offer any type of change or any sound platform to strengthen our national security or economy, only the same old things that Washington has been doing for years and years. As for their foreign policy, they are almost identical.

I agree both candidates suck but in my opinion Obama is far worse and no offense but a third party vote is just a wasted vote.
Jim Hellen
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby detfilteg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:40 pm

Jim Hellen wrote:
detfilteg wrote:

I agree both candidates suck but in my opinion Obama is far worse and no offense but a third party vote is just a wasted vote.

I agree with you that in the end a vote for a third party candidate is probably a wasted vote, but I feel much better about doing that then the other options which are:

a) vote for lesser of two evils -In the end I would still be voting for evil, and on a personal level I would be betraying my own self and ideals about what government should and should not be. I cannot do that.

b) not vote at all - I did not vote in the last election and feel that I should have, so I will be voting.

I just hope whatever happens our country does not stumble so much as to make it too difficult to stand back up.

detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby s8championjgh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 pm

i think this is going to be a close election
"There's people out there that need (to be) beaten up – he's one of them. And I have a moral obligation to society to beat him up."
s8championjgh
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby chadjohn24 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:44 pm

Just watched the debate and McCain destroyed the big O on every topic. Obama's ignorance and lack of experience shines through on all the domestic and foriegn issues. WAR McCAIN!!
chadjohn24
Red Belt
Red Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion