Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willmma » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:33 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Biden is just as corrupt as Trump. If he wasn’t then there would be no need to squash the laptop reports before the election.

Will, you’re fookin delusional. Is it still true that you can’t use public transportation (trains, planes, buses) if you’re not vaxxed, even if you have natural immunity? Lol.

:P

What does "have natural immunity" mean?
willmma
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019, July 2020, Dec. 2020, Jan. 2021, May 21, January 2022, June 2022,
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec. 2016, Nov .2017
Pick-Em Champion: Sep. 2019, Nov. 2019, May 2020, June 2020, July 2020, Jan. 2021, Feb. 2021, March 2021

Postby MiniMan » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:34 am

I had Covid prior to being vaccinated and entered a blood plasma study, but couldn’t continue as my natural antibodies were not sufficient.
**MMALinker Members' Own Fight Videos**
http://mmalinker.com/forum/mmalinker-members-own-fight-videos-t118417.html

MIDGET STOMPED
:duvalfan, taipeimma, Mikal, username78, 604warrior, beast775
MiniMan
Pillar

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby asdfghjkl » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:49 am

MiniMan wrote:I had Covid prior to being vaccinated and entered a blood plasma study, but couldn’t continue as my natural antibodies were not sufficient.

Vaxxine killed your antibodies.

Are you excited for your 4th dose or have you already received it?
asdfghjkl
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby MiniMan » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:01 am

asdfghjkl wrote:
MiniMan wrote:I had Covid prior to being vaccinated and entered a blood plasma study, but couldn’t continue as my natural antibodies were not sufficient.

Vaxxine killed your antibodies.

Are you excited for your 4th dose or have you already received it?

I was in the study before being vaccinated. Excited? That would be a very odd way of describing it :-?
**MMALinker Members' Own Fight Videos**
http://mmalinker.com/forum/mmalinker-members-own-fight-videos-t118417.html

MIDGET STOMPED
:duvalfan, taipeimma, Mikal, username78, 604warrior, beast775
MiniMan
Pillar

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby philphan » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:18 pm

Shanghai lockdown deepens after new surge in asymptomatic COVID cases

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - The major Chinese financial centre of Shanghai extended restrictions on transportation on Tuesday after a day of intensive city-wide testing saw new COVID-19 cases surge to more than 13,000, with no end to the lockdown yet in sight.

After originally taking a more piecemeal approach aimed at minimising economic disruptions, Shanghai imposed a two-stage lockdown last week as authorities struggled to contain what had become the city's biggest ever COVID-19 outbreak.

The lockdown was originally set to end on Tuesday in the city's western districts, but has now been extended until further notice.

Shanghai reported a record 13,086 new asymptomatic coronavirus cases on April 4, the city government said on its official WeChat channel on Tuesday, up from 8,581 the previous day, after a city-wide surveillance testing programme that saw more than 25 million people swabbed in 24 hours.
Symptomatic cases fell on Monday to 268, from 425 a day earlier. The proportion of official symptomatic infections remains far lower than the rest of the world, which experts have attributed to the city's proactive screening process.

At least 38,000 personnel have been deployed to Shanghai from other regions in what state media has described as the biggest nationwide medical operation since the shutdown of Wuhan in early 2020.

Authorities announced late on Monday that further restrictions would be placed on the city transportation networks from Tuesday, with more subway lines suspended.

Sun Chunlan, China's vice-premier in charge of the COVID-19 response, said during an inspection of testing sites in Shanghai on Monday that prevention and control work was now at a "critical point" and it was vital that every resident was tested.

As members of the public continued to express concerns about Shanghai's draconian measures, sharing videos across social media, Sun urged grassroots Party organisations to "do everything possible" to help residents solve their problems.

Analysts outside China have been warning about the economic costs of the country's unyielding campaign to curb infections.

"What is most striking in Shanghai is the difficulty that the authorities are having in managing logistics, particularly conditions in centralised quarantine facilities," said Michael Hirson, China analyst with the Eurasia Group consultancy.

"Given that Shanghai has a highly capable government, current problems pose a warning for local governments across China where capacity is not as high and major outbreaks could stretch resources further to the limits," he added.

Nationwide, China reported 1,235 confirmed coronavirus cases for April 4, down from 1,405 a day earlier, including 1,173 local transmissions. The number of new asymptomatic cases stood at 15,355, compared with 11,862 a day earlier.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!

philphan

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar. & Apr. 2017, Dec. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct. 2017, Jan./Feb. 2020, June 2020
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor (x5)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020, January 2022, July 2022
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Pillar of Linker
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker

Postby philphan » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:31 am

Russia's failure to take down Kyiv was a defeat for the ages
https://www.yahoo.com/news/russias-fail ... 54457.html

Kyiv was a Russian defeat for the ages. The fight started poorly for the invaders and went downhill from there.

When President Vladimir Putin launched his war on Feb. 24 after months of buildup on Ukraine's borders, he sent hundreds of helicopter-borne commandos — the best of the best of Russia's “spetsnaz” special forces soldiers — to assault and seize a lightly defended airfield on Kyiv's doorstep.

Other Russian forces struck elsewhere across Ukraine, including toward the eastern city of Kharkiv as well as in the contested Donbas region and along the Black Sea coast. But as the seat of national power, Kyiv was the main prize. Thus the thrust by elite airborne forces in the war's opening hours.

But Putin failed to achieve his goal of quickly crushing Ukraine’s outgunned and outnumbered army. The Russians were ill-prepared for Ukrainian resistance, proved incapable of adjusting to setbacks, failed to effectively combine air and land operations, misjudged Ukraine’s ability to defend its skies, and bungled basic military functions like planning and executing the movement of supplies.

“That’s a really bad combination if you want to conquer a country,” said Peter Mansoor, a retired Army colonel and professor of military history at Ohio State University.

For now at least, Putin's forces have shifted away from Kyiv, to eastern Ukraine. Ultimately, the Russian leader may achieve some of his objectives. Yet his failure to seize Kyiv will be long remembered — for how it defied prewar expectations and exposed surprising weaknesses in a military thought to be one of the strongest in the world.

“It’s stunning,” said military historian Frederick Kagan of the Institute for the Study of War, who says he knows of no parallel to a major military power like Russia invading a country at the time of its choosing and failing so utterly.

On the first morning of the war, Russian Mi-8 assault helicopters soared south toward Kyiv on a mission to attack Hostomel airfield on the northwest outskirts of the capital. By capturing the airfield, also known as Antonov airport, the Russians planned to establish a base from which to fly in more troops and light armored vehicles within striking distance of the heart of the nation's largest city.

It didn’t work that way. Several Russian helicopters were reported to be hit by missiles even before they got to Hostomel, and once settled in at the airfield they suffered heavy losses from artillery fire.

An effort to take control of a military airbase in Vasylkiv south of Kyiv also met stiff resistance and reportedly saw several Russian Il-76 heavy-lift transport planes carrying paratroopers downed by Ukrainian defenses.

Although the Russians eventually managed to control Hostomel airfield, the Ukrainians' fierce resistance in the capital region forced a rethinking of an invasion plan that was based on an expectation the Ukrainians would quickly fold, the West would dither, and Russian forces would have an easy fight.

Air assault missions behind enemy lines, like the one executed at Hostomel, are risky and difficult, as the U.S. Army showed on March 24, 2003, when it sent more than 30 Apache attack helicopters into Iraq from Kuwait to strike an Iraqi Republican Guard division. On their way, the Apaches encountered small arms and anti-aircraft fire that downed one of the helos, damaged others and forced the mission to be aborted. Even so, the U.S. military recovered from that setback and soon captured Baghdad.

The fact that the Hostomel assault by the Russian 45th Guards Special Purpose Airborne Brigade faltered might not stand out in retrospect if the broader Russian effort had improved from that point. But it did not.

The Russians did make small and unsuccessful probes into the heart of Kyiv, and later they tried at great cost to encircle the capital by arcing farther west. Against enormous odds, the Ukrainians held their ground and fought back, stalling the Russians, and put to effective use a wide array of Western arms, including Javelin portable anti-tank weapons, shoulder-fired Stinger anti-aircraft missiles and much more.

Last week the Russians abandoned Hostomel airfield as part of a wholesale retreat into Belarus and Russia.

A sidelight of the battle for Kyiv was the widely reported saga of a Russian resupply convoy that stretched dozens of miles along a main roadway toward the capital. It initially seemed to be a worrisome sign for the Ukrainians, but they managed to attack elements of the convoy, which had limited off-road capability and thus eventually dispersed or otherwise became a non-factor in the fight.

“They never really provided a resupply of any value to Russian forces that were assembling around Kyiv, never really came to their aid,” said Pentagon spokesman John Kirby. “The Ukrainians put a stop to that convoy pretty quickly by being very nimble, knocking out bridges, hitting lead vehicles and stopping their movement.”

Mansoor says the Russians underestimated the number of troops they would need and showed “an astonishing inability” to perform basic military functions. They vastly misjudged what it would take to win the battle for Kyiv, he says.

“This was going to be hard even if the Russian army had proven itself to be competent,” he said. “It’s proven itself to be wholly incapable of conducting modern armored warfare.”

Putin was not the only one surprised by his army’s initial failures. U.S. and other Western officials had figured that if the invasion happened, Russia’s seemingly superior forces would slice through Ukraine’s army like a hot knife through butter. They might seize Kyiv in a few days and the whole country in a few weeks, although some analysts did question whether Putin appreciated how much Ukraine's forces had gained from Western training that intensified after Putin's 2014 seizure of Crimea and incursion into the Donbas.

On March 25, barely a month after the invasion began, the Russians declared they had achieved their goals in the Kyiv region and would shift focus to the separatist Donbas area in eastern Ukraine. Some suspected a Putin ploy to buy time without giving up his maximalist aims, but within days the Kyiv retreat was in full view.

Putin may yet manage to refocus his war effort on a narrower goal of expanding Russian control in the Donbas and perhaps securing a land corridor from the Donbas to the Crimean Peninsula. But his failure in Kyiv revealed weaknesses that suggest Russia is unlikely to try again soon to take down the national capital.

“I think they learned their lesson,” said Mansoor.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan

Survivor (x5)
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug. 2019, Feb. 2020, Sep. 2020, January 2022, July 2022
Pillar of Linker

Postby philphan » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:36 pm

Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan

Survivor (x5)
Pillar of Linker

Postby willis » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:30 am

willmma wrote:
bruins2012 wrote:Biden is just as corrupt as Trump. If he wasn’t then there would be no need to squash the laptop reports before the election.

Will, you’re fookin delusional. Is it still true that you can’t use public transportation (trains, planes, buses) if you’re not vaxxed, even if you have natural immunity? Lol.

BUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Please tell me you didn't just ask this!

Hey willmma, can you define a woman for us please?

Fuck me I came back to some absolute gold bars of bullshit.
When the last tree has been cut down, the last river poisoned and the last fish has been caught, only then will we realize we cannot eat money.
When man asks a question, he is a fool for a moment. When man never asks, he is a fool for life.
All sciences are vain and full of errors that are not born of experience, the mother of all knowledge.
willis
Star-Hater

Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016
Fun in chat

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:57 pm

willis wrote:
willmma wrote:

BUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Come on now, that is not fair to ask him to be more smart than supreme court justice Kentaji Brown Jackson. I just imagine her reading her own headlines like...

"First black woman to be on the supreme court"

"the first black wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?" :lol:

Spoiler:
I like you both, hopefully this was obviously a joke!
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back*
Mr Meow
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020, Sept 2021, October 2021, November 2021 SHOW OFF
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x4)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts May 2020, October 2021
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021, Dec 2021, February 2022, March 2022, April 20022, May 2022
Chat Legend

Postby willmma » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:33 pm

willis wrote:
willmma wrote:

BUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm glad you're amused.

I understand that anti-vaxers are bankrupt of ideas and they only comments and responses is to laugh and make derogatory comments and personal attacks.

Anyways, I was responding to Bruins's comment "Is it still true that you can’t use public transportation (trains, planes, buses) if you’re not vaxxed, even if you have natural immunity"

Vaccines have been part of human's protection for many decades. Vaccines are effective because they boost and "train" our immune systems to help fight some deadly diseases. The CDC, here, has listed 14 diseases that have been eradicated due to vaccines. Theses diseases wreaked havoc on people killing and paralyzing tons of people. Vaccines helped our immunity to fight theses diseases to a point that they are very negligible now.

My question was about Bruins question, he asked if we can't use public transportation if we're not vaxxed even if we have natural immunity. That question doesn't make sense. Does he mean that people with with natural immunity don't need to be vaxxed? Is he saying that ONLY people with out natural immunity need to be vaxxed? I really don't understand the question. Over 6,000,000 people world wide (37000 in Canada) died from Covid. Did these people not have natural immunity?

Natural immunity is such a weak argument against vaccines. If natural immunity was impermeable then we wouldn't need vaccines, medicine or health care. But diseases kill people all the time because natural immunity is not enough.

And to answer both our questions:
I don't know if vaccines are required for public transit. I think only masks are required but I'm not sure.
A woman is a person born with two X chromosomes and with female body parts.
willmma
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019, July 2020, Dec. 2020, Jan. 2021, May 21, January 2022, June 2022,
Pick-Em Champion: Sep. 2019, Nov. 2019, May 2020, June 2020, July 2020, Jan. 2021, Feb. 2021, March 2021

Postby asdfghjkl » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:56 pm

willmma wrote:
willis wrote:
willmma wrote:

BUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm glad you're amused.

I understand that anti-vaxers are bankrupt of ideas and they only comments and responses is to laugh and make derogatory comments and personal attacks.

Anyways, I was responding to Bruins's comment "Is it still true that you can’t use public transportation (trains, planes, buses) if you’re not vaxxed, even if you have natural immunity"

Vaccines have been part of human's protection for many decades. Vaccines are effective because they boost and "train" our immune systems to help fight some deadly diseases. The CDC, here, has listed 14 diseases that have been eradicated due to vaccines. Theses diseases wreaked havoc on people killing and paralyzing tons of people. Vaccines helped our immunity to fight theses diseases to a point that they are very negligible now.

My question was about Bruins question, he asked if we can't use public transportation if we're not vaxxed even if we have natural immunity. That question doesn't make sense. Does he mean that people with with natural immunity don't need to be vaxxed? Is he saying that ONLY people with out natural immunity need to be vaxxed? I really don't understand the question. Over 6,000,000 people world wide (37000 in Canada) died from Covid. Did these people not have natural immunity?

Natural immunity is such a weak argument against vaccines. If natural immunity was impermeable then we wouldn't need vaccines, medicine or health care. But diseases kill people all the time because natural immunity is not enough.

And to answer both our questions:
I don't know if vaccines are required for public transit. I think only masks are required but I'm not sure.
A woman is a person born with two X chromosomes and with female body parts.

Let me help as it seems like you need it.

Natural immunity is when you catch a virus and you then receive immunity from the virus after infection.

God damn
asdfghjkl
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby philphan » Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:17 am

Does it hurt when the virus gives you the shot? :mrgreen:
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan

Survivor (x5)
Pillar of Linker

Postby willmma » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:16 am

asdfghjkl wrote:Let me help as it seems like you need it.

Natural immunity is when you catch a virus and you then receive immunity from the virus after infection.

God damn

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with the term.

That said, chatting with / debating people here is getting ugly. All you guys need to chill.

This is not fun anymore, so I'll leave this topic with my last thought on it...

I believe vaccines are a proven and necessary method to fight diseases. We have been forced to vaccinate ourselves and our children for Ages. Nothing is new here. All the anti vax rhetoric was born from anti-covid conspiracies. I've seen people who used to deny covid is real switch their arguments to being antivax. To them now covid is real but the vaccine is bad. This is all born from political stances left vs right. Mostly it started being pro Trump propaganda that covid is a hoax, and then these conspiracies took a life on their own.

To me antivaxers are like flat earthers. Obviously wrong but super motivated by the idea that there is a massive conspiracy out there to get them. Like some world order benefits from the globe being considered round when it's flat for flat earthers, or some world order benefits from giving free vaccines to people for antivaxers.

The mood here seems too angry and too toxic.
Chill.
willmma
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:54 pm

Vaccines try to replicate the antibodies in people who have natural immunity against the virus after being infected by it. For fucks sake, you honestly don’t know wtf natural immunity is? Even Pfizer acknowledges natural immunity within their own studies as being just as good as the vaccine. It’s a whole new level of stupid when people claim to not have any idea what natural immunity is at this point. Lol.

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
Pillar

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov. 2020, Feb. 2021
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug. 2016, May/Sep. 2017, Apr. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor (x3)

Postby bruins2012 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:34 pm

Vaccines try to replicate the antibodies in people who have natural immunity against the virus after being infected by it. For fucks sake, you honestly don’t know wtf natural immunity is? Even Pfizer acknowledges natural immunity within their own studies as being just as good as the vaccine. It’s a whole new level of stupid when people claim to not have any idea what natural immunity is at this point. Lol.

When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
Pillar

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov. 2020, Feb. 2021
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug. 2016, May/Sep. 2017, Apr. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor (x3)

PreviousNext

Return to MMA Discussion