Close
Login
Register

super man punch

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

super man punch

Postby Jesuslovesthisguy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:35 pm

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but iv been kinda busy and have exciting news...my first amateur fight is September 19th, and i wana make sure i have a pretty good defense to all kinds of attacks, one punch i find hard to counter is the superman punch, i think a teep would be good but not positive.... just wondering what all you guys had to say
Jesuslovesthisguy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: super man punch

Postby RubenATC » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:18 am

The lead hook seemed to work pretty good for BJ....unfortunately i dont much experience with superman punches so all i can suggest is to either move back really quick or make sure to cover up properly. Hope the gif helps and keep us informed on your fight.

RubenATC
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby shoguns » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:31 pm

shoot for the takedown just watch out for the flying knee
shoguns
White Belt
White Belt

Postby discoowl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 pm

counter with a batman defence
PsychoBells wrote:How sad is it that a perfectly decent human being and warrior like Shogun gets hated-on by miserable autistic virgins? smh

25/25 LHK
discoowl
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby beastman4 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 pm

If you see then step forward and some weird motion from their back leg (like it going back, which happens during the superman punch) its probably coming. A good defense is to step to the outside of their lead leg, you can throw a hook like BJ but getting out of the way is the main objective. Hope that helps
beastman4
White Belt
White Belt

Postby 1/6,000,000,000 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:21 am

jumping jab with your power leg does seem very very quick, at the same time transfers your head as well so you don't have to worry too much about counters, the way gsp did it against serra 2.

Don't be mad bro
1/6,000,000,000
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby Ronin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:17 am

using Superman Punch:
the more obvious you can fake that leg kick, the better your chance at catching them off guard. This being that they would attempt to check your kick. Just try not to make it too obvious with your height coverage.

Defending Superman Punch:
Twist your body in the direction of the punch with a cross hook of your own all while dipping your chin low.

One way to sense that his ganna throw it is the immediate height coverage his getting from just a (fake) kick.
Ronin
中国和日本王子

Postby LiamHillen » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:51 pm

My advice would be to just get away from them
[size=200][color=#00FF00]
LiamHillen
Baby Caveman

Postby Fearless6691 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:34 am

First of all, that GIF is a bad example because he did not even throw the punch right.
A rule of thumb is if anyone jumps in the air or loads their legs up, jump out of range.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jetli » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:17 am

RubenATC wrote:The lead hook seemed to work pretty good for BJ....unfortunately i dont much experience with superman punches so all i can suggest is to either move back really quick or make sure to cover up properly. Hope the gif helps and keep us informed on your fight.

Kenny's an idiot.

It's supposed to be used after faking a roundhouse. Kenny didnt fake the kick at all and you could see him going for the superman straight away with his upper body movement. What i do at training is throwing a lot of mid and low kicks and then fake a lead leg mid kick and hit them with my lead jab. Works very well.
Overeem wrote:You guys better duck, because im bout to turn left, and i dont wana SMACK you with my dick

Agonz ducked the Jet like a lil bitch.

Jetli (Belcher) vs PoopCannon (Bisping) Account bet
Acount sig bet victims:
Brickbat.
SigBets
5-1
Jetli
Buakaw's P.R Manager
Buakaw's P.R Manager

Postby biscuits69 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:56 am

Jetli wrote:
RubenATC wrote:The lead hook seemed to work pretty good for BJ....unfortunately i dont much experience with superman punches so all i can suggest is to either move back really quick or make sure to cover up properly. Hope the gif helps and keep us informed on your fight.

Kenny's an idiot.

It's supposed to be used after faking a roundhouse. Kenny didnt fake the kick at all and you could see him going for the superman straight away with his upper body movement. What i do at training is throwing a lot of mid and low kicks and then fake a lead leg mid kick and hit them with my lead jab. Works very well.

I forgot you were better than Kenny.

You are talking about the superman jab which is alot quicker too.
Most awesome fighters in the world
Carlos Condit
Chael Sonnen
Shogun Rua
Lyoto Machida
Dominick Cruz
Vitor Belfort
Urijah Faber
Bigfoot Silva
Junior Dos Santos
Brian Stann
Craig Wildman