* SPOILER* ricky hatton!!!!!!!!!!

Postby treviddick » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:36 pm

ko nough said

--- PAINT THEM REDS BLUE! ---
treviddick
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby JRS3 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:34 am

You're right. I never guessed he'd get KO'ed.
JRS3
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby true520 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:38 am

come on dang it! WHo got KO'd.../????
true520
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby reversal machine » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:44 am

JRS3 wrote:You're right. I never guessed he'd get KO'ed.

hahaha

" after my fight, i would like to thank science." - mayhem
reversal machine
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby true520 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:50 am

I dont know how to add spoiler to the title....
but, i too dis like Mayweather's attitude...so if he won by KO...I probably dont want to know.

8)
Mitch
true520
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby mikepiv » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:42 am

mayweather has reasons to be cocky
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Achtung! » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:24 am

Mayweather can't hold fedors jock
Always support:
Cro Cop
Aleks E.
GSP (Title shot Dec. 29th)
BJ Penn (Title shot Jan. 19th)

Judge, Judge, Judge.....READYYYY Fight!.....DING!
Achtung!
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby st3ve_o » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:43 am

good fight, hatton was winning the first 2/3 round easy.

how shocking was that referee though? it was like watching something from the wwe. i think that did have an effect on the fight as it effected hattons rythem and took soemthing alway from hattons arsenal, it was like hatton was fighting 2 people in there at times.

i said before the fight though i had concerns about the referee, we often see that with american referees when a fighter from overseas fights an american.

mayweather was good though, you've gotta admit that.
st3ve_o
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Kreed » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:51 am

I know this is an mma forum but can some1 kindly provid a link?
Nobody lives forever
Kreed
White Belt
White Belt

Postby mikepiv » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:31 pm

go to the videos section
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby st3ve_o » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Well...the way I saw it they were both fighting dirty. I saw low blows, blows to the back of the head, holding and hitting and just holding from both fighters. I think the ref done a good job except for that point deduction he gave Hatton. I think Mayweather turned his back. Besides that...I think the ref was damned fair.

It was never fair, take a look at some websites they are all talking about it! it was said before the fight (press and in interviews) that it was hoped the referee lets both fighters fight their own fight to their own strengths that made them both undefeated and champions in the first place.

we saw floyd fight to his own strengths, but we never saw hattons due to joe cortez...hatton is all about roughing his opponent up (upclose and in the clench) and as soon as both fighters was in the clench the ref split it up instantly :?

watch it again, the ref was saying ricky, ricky, ricky all the way through the fight, at one time he said it 6 times on the trot (how off putting must that be?) also a lot of times when both fighters was in the clench he kept tapping or touching hatton on the back as to give him something else to think about.

The ref even went into hattons corner after round 6 (straight after floyds first real attack in the fight) asked hatton if he was ok and said that he was going to stop the fight if anything like that happened again, there was a big thing about that on skyboxoffice, a corners job is all about motivating a fighter after each round saying everything is ok and the last thing you need is a ref coming and saying something when it wasn’t really a fight ending attack by floyd :?

that point deduction was a joke :x as said that was my fear before the fight though, the same happened when lewis fought tyson in the US - lucky the ref didn't influence that fight too much though as lewis won via knockout.

the judging was shocking too, have you see the averages on what all 3 judges had the bout before the knockout? it was something like 88-81 to floyd (all 3).

so that means even if he knocked floyd down 4 times he would have still lost, most commentators had the fight close (some favouring hatton, some favouring floyd) i will admit i personally had floyd winning the fight.

taking nothing away from floyd though, i underestimated him before the fight, i thought he was shocking against de la hoya but that is one of the best knockouts ive seen in boxing EVER, perfection.
st3ve_o
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby mikepiv » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:59 pm

1. who cares about score cards? the fight ended in a knockout. no controversy there.

2. if you dont have the ability to stay motivated in a fight when a ref asks you if youre ok, you shouldnt be a boxer in the first place. i mean, how the hell do you manage to turn that into an argument against the ref?? your logic baffles me.

3. please dont imply that mayweather won that one because of some outside influence (ref or judges or whatever else). hatton got knocked out, please just leave it be. if you cant appreciate floyd's skill, at least dont try and split hairs and ruin a perfectly good victory.

the only shocking thing about that fight is that it lasted that long
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Next

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.