Close
Login
Register

*SPOILER* Pacquiao vs. Marquez

Discuss all other combat sports here.

*SPOILER* Pacquiao vs. Marquez

Postby wooooooooooooooo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:34 pm

wooooooooooo baby manny won by split decision and got a beautiful knockdown on the 3rd round YEA!!!!!!! scorecards- 115-112 for marquez 115-112 for pacquiao and 114-113 for the neeeewww champion Manny Paquiao.
wooooooooooooooo
White Belt
White Belt

Re: *SPOILER* Pacquiao vs. Marquez

Postby agonzalez1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:59 am

That was such a close match-up, and Marquez statistically won in percentage of punches landed, jabs landed, power punches landed, everything. He outboxed Pac. But one knockdown....I'm dissapointed. But look at the post fight interviews.....who actually looked like they won? Who actually spoke clearly and composed? Marquez...that's who. (accidental headbutt, riigght)

There was NO WAY that round 12 went to Pacquiao, I don't know what these judges see.

So close, ONE freaking point. I'll give it to Pacquiao - he fought great and is a great fighter, but I'd just rather have seen the fight the other way.
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby batangastig » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:58 am

I was too drunk last night to post the spoiler to this fight so i woke up extra early, but you beat me to it lol. yeah im goin to say that this fight should be voted for fight of the year, i mean yes juan's brother raphael's fight with vasquez was amazing, but there was something about last night that just made it so much better. It might be cuz im filipino or cuz im one of the biggest pac fans, but he made me proud.

Very impressed with roach's training cuz pacquiao was able to beat one of the best mexican technical fighters at his own game. pac many say has a sloppy style of fighting, but his style baits the other fighter to do the same, and when a brawl erupts in the ring, everyone knows who wins those. yes i saw the technical side of pac, but we saw that he won the fight not with the new skills he learned in the gym, but with that left hand.

The fight should be renamed to the battle of the cut-man. both fighters were badly cut in the fight, and both corners deserve some sort of award for doing what they did to stop the bleeding. all i can say about the fight in general is pure classic. my sg says it all.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby batangastig » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:28 am

agonzalez1 wrote:That was such a close match-up, and Marquez statistically won in percentage of punches landed, jabs landed, power punches landed, everything. He outboxed Pac. But one knockdown....I'm dissapointed. But look at the post fight interviews.....who actually looked like they won? Who actually spoke clearly and composed? Marquez...that's who. (accidental headbutt, riigght)

There was NO WAY that round 12 went to Pacquiao, I don't know what these judges see.

So close, ONE freaking point. I'll give it to Pacquiao - he fought great and is a great fighter, but I'd just rather have seen the fight the other way.

good post and i understand your point, and i do agree that the knockdown in round 3 i believe decided the whole fight. yeah statistically marquez won in the percentage, but pac i beleive hit the more effective punches, one resulting in a knockdown and stunned him i think 5 times. marquez should have used his jab more effectively like their last fight, but his pride prevented him so.

This is an article from fightnews.com
http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2/he ... ntdgI.html
After winning round ten on all three judges' cards, Manny Pacquiao essentially already had the fight won, barring a knockdown. Pacman took a three point lead (96-93) on the cards of Tom Miller and Duane Ford into the final two rounds, while Jerry Roth had Juan Manuel Marquez up by a point. All three judges gave Marquez the eleventh, and all but Ford gave Marquez round twelve, however even had Ford scored the final round for Marquez, Pacquiao still would have prevailed in the fight. The bout was scored 115-112, 114-113 for Pacquiao, 115-112 for Marquez. Below is the official NSAC master scoresheet:
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby agonzalez1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:05 pm

batangastig wrote:
agonzalez1 wrote:That was such a close match-up, and Marquez statistically won in percentage of punches landed, jabs landed, power punches landed, everything. He outboxed Pac. But one knockdown....I'm dissapointed. But look at the post fight interviews.....who actually looked like they won? Who actually spoke clearly and composed? Marquez...that's who. (accidental headbutt, riigght)

good post and i understand your point, and i do agree that the knockdown in round 3 i believe decided the whole fight. yeah statistically marquez won in the percentage, but pac i beleive hit the more effective punches, one resulting in a knockdown and stunned him i think 5 times. marquez should have used his jab more effectively like their last fight, but his pride prevented him so.

After winning round ten on all three judges' cards, Manny Pacquiao essentially already had the fight won, barring a knockdown. Pacman took a three point lead (96-93) on the cards of Tom Miller and Duane Ford into the final two rounds, while Jerry Roth had Juan Manuel Marquez up by a point. All three judges gave Marquez the eleventh, and all but Ford gave Marquez round twelve, however even had Ford scored the final round for Marquez, Pacquiao still would have prevailed in the fight. The bout was scored 115-112, 114-113 for Pacquiao, 115-112 for Marquez. Below is the official NSAC master scoresheet:

Yup, so freaking close.

Funny, I'm a Mexican American, so I was rooting for Marquez knowing Pac was a stud, but they were so evenly matched...could you have imagined if they tied again?

That knockdown was huge, and yeah, he did stun Marquez a few times, just a spectacular fight.

Now if they only allowed knockdowns :D
agonzalez1
World Champion
World Champion

Accolades: Hall of Famer

Postby batangastig » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:13 pm

agonzalez1 wrote:
batangastig wrote:

Yup, so freaking close.

Funny, I'm a Mexican American, so I was rooting for Marquez knowing Pac was a stud, but they were so evenly matched...could you have imagined if they tied again?

That knockdown was huge, and yeah, he did stun Marquez a few times, just a spectacular fight.

Now if they only allowed knockdowns :D

Yeah i was almost sure the judges were going to announce a draw since pac was only a point or 2 ahead and Marquez was the champ, but no matter what the results were it was an amazing fight. big mma fan, but i havent seen any mma fight with this much excitement.
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.