Close
Login
Register

Roy Nelson is not good enough

A place for meaningless, repeated or just plain stupid posts

Roy Nelson is not good enough

Postby letstalkfighting » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Ok Nelson is a ok fighter ill give him that but the guy is really out of shape, (cardio wise ok) i mean come on he is a pro fighter and is fighting in the best MMA company out there so at least he could do is get in shape, i'm not saying hes got to have muscles or a 6pack but you should have to be in shape to fight i think. I look at him and i know i could be a prob fighter if he can, theres loads of young good heavyweights out there who are in shape and ready to go but it just looks bad when they don't get there chance but a guy like roy is there and hes not even good enough to be there. You should have to be in shape to fight.

Makes me laugh that you guys think that if you do a sport for a living it doesnt matter if your really over weight thats crazy to say that. you guys are funny fuckers :lol:

Fedor is not fat like roy so stop comparing them, if you think fedor is like roy you don't know the sport well at all

you lot dow know fuck all if you think fat means in shape
Last edited by letstalkfighting on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 9 times in total.
letstalkfighting
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Roy Nelson is not good enough to be a pro fighter

Postby T_Bagger23 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:26 pm

kimbo slice....kimbo slice is in the UFC....ok KIMBO SLICE

just think about that
Image Image

....................They'd call me T_Bagger600 if they knew the truth....................
T_Bagger23
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby adm2rcar » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

former IFL champ=good enough to be a pro fighter imo
adm2rcar
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Postby BallsDeep » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

letstalkfighting wrote:Ok Nelson is a ok fighter ill give him that but the guy is really out of shape, (cardio wise ok) i mean come on he is a pro fighter and is fighting in the best MMA company out there so at least he could do is get in shape, i'm not saying hes got to have muscles or a 6pack but you should have to be in shape to fight i think. I look at him and i know i could be a prob fighter if he can, theres loads of young good heavyweights out there who are in shape and ready to go but it just looks bad when they don't get there chance but a guy like roy is there and hes not even good enough to be there. You should have to be in shape to fight.

What do you guys think??

Whatchu talkin bout willis? he is in shape, and if he lost the belly, he would lose all of his power/fans.
Gustafsson will dethrone Jon Jones
Triley wrote:I had a mishap once where I used chloroform on a scarf, in the ensuing tussel it ended up wrapped around my face, long story short I got nailed by 6 frat boys and a German Shepard. Not a Dog just some guy in Leiderhosen and a sheeps cane
BallsDeep
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: Former P4P, US, and MW Champ

Postby hinduheat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:32 pm

^ Word.

The low center of gravity really pins opponents down, allows Roy to swivel on his belly and get to crucifix position...

That and he's got decent boxing.

Plenty of terrible HW fighters in the UFC that should be cut before Roy...
Sigbets (12-14)
Smith wrote:Notice that Anderson is wearing a nut protector and Lyoto is wearing headgear. I guess we can tell who cares the most about specific body parts.
hinduheat
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby jra1973 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:36 pm

I beg to differ I think hes better than he gets credit for. I think they should put him against Mur. Did you ever see Frank Mir vs Roy Nelsons grappling match? I think it was grapplers quest Nelson dominated Mir.
jra1973
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Marsssss » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Yeah, him and Fedor, both ugly fat asses!
Marsssss
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby stinkdinner » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:50 pm

Like it or not Nelson is a very skilled fighter, looks can be deceiving. MMA is not a fashion show or a male modeling job.
stinkdinner
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby JonB » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Judge him on what he does: Not what he looks like. This is of course how I feel, but it's how I feel in general about everyone.
JonB
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby doyousukadaweena » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:55 pm

I'll take Nelson any day over Slice, Struve, Duffee, Kongo & Buentello.
jojo wrote: This place is actually pretty awesome and is a get away from normal life. I don't behave like this in real life faggot so coming here allows me to. I tried to act like you too begore the dunk off when I ran into a guy named weenis and was hazed into realizing this place is the shit
doyousukadaweena
Da Instigator

Postby El-Diablo Blanco » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:04 pm

letstalkfighting wrote:Ok Nelson is a ok fighter ill give him that but the guy is really out of shape, (cardio wise ok) i mean come on he is a pro fighter and is fighting in the best MMA company out there so at least he could do is get in shape, i'm not saying hes got to have muscles or a 6pack but you should have to be in shape to fight i think. I look at him and i know i could be a prob fighter if he can, theres loads of young good heavyweights out there who are in shape and ready to go but it just looks bad when they don't get there chance but a guy like roy is there and hes not even good enough to be there. You should have to be in shape to fight.

What do you guys think??

I aint trying to be a dick NOOB, but have u ever watched any Nelson fights that wasn't on the ultimate fighter, or the u tube vids of his grappling... he has had some wars and is a great fighter... hell on TUF he knocked out Brendon Schaub who is very technical in his strikes and submissions.... he aint much to look at but he is an elite level fighter, of that u can be sure
El-Diablo Blanco
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby ivarson » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:09 pm

The man's a Gracie JJ black belt, and he doesn't deserve to be a pro? :o
:lol: :lol:
(00:59:39) Triley: Running is for people who cant fight, or are being chased by a bear
ivarson
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby karlkorp » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 pm

T_Bagger23 wrote:kimbo slice....kimbo slice is in the UFC....ok KIMBO SLICE

just think about that

I like this answer best :lol:

Hate the guy myself since he gives MMA a bad rep, based solely on his figure. I don't think anyone wants to see him succeed and if he losses a couple I can't see UFC keeping him around since I can't see Dana calling him one of his children (being a TUFF winner).
karlkorp
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby PBells » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen him gas. Ever...

Sucks that a guy not good enough to be a pro fighter won TUF, was an IFL HW champ, beat Frank Mir in a grappling match, and did very well against Arlovski. :?
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby Gatogrande » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:15 pm

PsychoBells wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen him gas. Ever...

Sucks that a guy not good enough to be a pro fighter won TUF, was an IFL HW champ, beat Frank Mir in a grappling match, and did very well against Arlovski. :?

I JUST WANT THAT TIHNG OFF MY SCREEN!!!!!~!11
IKnowuWannaBeMe wrote:I think Silva could sit on the outside and pick Overeem apart.
Gatogrande
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Next

Return to Internet Wasteland