Close
Login
Register

RNC escape

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

RNC escape

Postby slevin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:02 am

I was wondering if anyone knew of a video or knows how to escape the REAR NAKED CHOKE Nick Diaz put on Scott Smith and the one Jon Jones put Rampage Jackson basically the RNC where they use the gable grip and not the standard hand on bicep grip?

Thanks
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Re: RNC escape

Postby Fearless6691 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:08 am

Ask in the grappling section of the forums. Defending the RNC (As with most submissions) is proactive defense, not reactive.
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit.
Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
"
_________________________________Muhammad Ali
Fearless6691
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby UchiMata » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:11 am

Truth is, with any submission, if it's already in that deep then you're done. BUT you can do things to prevent it, such as not allowing them to take your back, keeping your arms tucked to block the choke, and tucking your chin.
UchiMata
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Loyalty13 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:43 am

funny story. My buddy was in police academy, and swore he knew learned how to get out of the RNC by "massaging the forearm", of the choking arm. I had been doing jiu jitsu about 2 1/2 years, and called bullshit. So, i put him in the choke standing, he started trying to rub my forearm. After about 4 seconds, he went completely unconscious ( i was barley applying pressure) and dropped to the ground.

bottom line is, thats not how you get out of a RNC. :lol: . Put 2 hands on 1 arm and try to turn into them or shake them off your back. depending on your position.But ALWAYS, 2 on 1
Image Image
Scarface798 wrote:I think I would want to fuck that baby.
Loyalty13
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Postby Coffin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:03 am

Before its sunk you have options. Once its in it tap or nap time.

There is a small window for torquing their ankle and driving your elbow into their shin.
This is only a pain submission and those who know it will just fight through it.

Joe Rogan: "Karo is wide open! " Mike Goldberg: "Diaz smells the opening. "

hawdrigoh wrote:Dong exposed himself to us today and I think I speak for everyone when I say I didn't mind it at all.

burtonboarder wrote:Are you asking what an Atheist believes in? The same things as you, real things, minus gullible superstitions.

ButterScotch talking dirty: "I expected a quick 30 second finish. Very impressive to restrain himself from unloading on the guy."
Coffin
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby asdfg12345 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:20 am

once its in deep, you're screwed lol
asdfg12345
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby likes2fightguy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:35 am

There is RNC defense, but no defense for it when its sunk. Thats a wrap Son.
likes2fightguy
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby YMCA » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:36 am

Loyalty13 wrote:funny story. My buddy was in police academy, and swore he knew learned how to get out of the RNC by "massaging the forearm", of the choking arm. I had been doing jiu jitsu about 2 1/2 years, and called bullshit. So, i put him in the choke standing, he started trying to rub my forearm. After about 4 seconds, he went completely unconscious ( i was barley applying pressure) and dropped to the ground.

bottom line is, thats not how you get out of a RNC. :lol: . Put 2 hands on 1 arm and try to turn into them or shake them off your back. depending on your position.But ALWAYS, 2 on 1

There is a pressure point in the forearm near the elbow that helps release/weaken a grip, but it would probably only be effective on the arm NOT around the neck...and only for a split second until the traditional grip is used.

Chuck Norris (of all people) showed it in Forced Vengeance when some beach boy tried to crush his hand while they shook hands. Think I'm going to go watch that again.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Postby rattlestick » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:41 am

In a real fight you can always try going for the balls.

"I made the wrong mistakes" Thelonious Monk

4-1
rattlestick
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby AnotherRandommGuy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 am

a site called submissions101 will help you out
ImageImage Someday I'm gonna be someone somebody's gonna wanna shoot at
AnotherRandommGuy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby LiamHillen » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:58 am

Try to swim through , if you get throught keep your chin down to stop it happenin' again
[size=200][color=#00FF00]
LiamHillen
Baby Caveman

Postby kingomegared » Fri May 18, 2012 11:25 am

some guy was working for a RNC last night on me and he was strong as fuck. i was defending the choke pretty well but i couldnt get my hips above his, nor could i work my shoulders/back down to the mat. he was just to strong. he just squeezed his legs together really hard while he had my back and i felt all kinds of pain and heard a popping sound so i tapped :evil:

his legs were the size of tree stumps. he is about 5'8" and he said he was 215lbs...nothing but muscles...a lesser man would spread rumors about him being on steroids :evil:

but anyway, his jiu jitsu is in no way better than mine. but mine wasnt good enough to escape from that position (he didnt earn the position we started there)but it got me all pissed off.
https://twitter.com/#!/Lastwurdz

Suicide?? No, I'd rather vacationcide and come back when it gets boring.
kingomegared
Anti-Star Advocate

Return to Ground Game