Close
Login
Register

Pure Fucking APATHY

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Pure Fucking APATHY

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Is anyone else just extremely bored with MMA right now? I know I keep promising to make a comprehensive thread explaining the sports decline but still...

With the over saturation of watered down cards, mass increase in WMMA, and general lack of star power lately... I mean. I can still watch the shit if I'm drinking but that doesn't mean much.

Blah.

Spoiler:
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Re: Pure Fucking APATHY

Postby asdfghjkl » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:19 am

Mma now feels like 'keeping up with the mcgregor'

I barely watch ufc anymore. Still follow it here and there though.
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby ebickmeyer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:28 am

Just avoid the shit cards and fights. Only tune in to the good shit. If the good shit is rare to you then it is what it is. MMA is a very transient sport when it comes down to quality. I guess you could fill in the gaps with other combat sports on the side.

Or just quit the sport man. It's up to you. Maybe staying away from it for a year could help you regain your passion.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: June 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: July 2018, Jan 2019, Feb 2019, Apr 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Apr 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby kezzaman » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:45 am

yep, the meh fights to great fights ratio is way unbalanced right now. The great fights will always be great though, but there doesnt seem to be that many happening.
Forrest back by popular demand [[email protected]]
kezzaman
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby jblaze » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:58 am

Yeah I will admit I am not as much of a hardcore fan these days. However this sport gives me something to look forward too ever since I quit drinking I don't have much to look forward to every week.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:52 am

Yes i get you man. I really do.

But then I imagine Ptrrrr Yan beating Fabers chin in and I have something to look forward to.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby KARHU-III » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 am

Comes and goes... Currently enjoying MMA and looking forward to many fights. However, there are too many watered-down events, adding to the pain, there is too much time between the fights making the events way too long for my already tested patience.

Still good though, I've kindled a flame for the newer generation fighters. :beer:
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby 320IDAVE » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 am

KARHU-III wrote:Comes and goes... Currently enjoying MMA and looking forward to many fights. However, there are too many watered-down events, adding to the pain, there is too much time between the fights making the events way too long for my already tested patience.

Still good though, I've kindled a flame for the newer generation fighters. :beer:

Yeah I am surprised every time i watch bellator as the fights just happen one after the other.
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby PBells » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:58 am

The UFC of today is geared towards hipster casuals, soccer-moms, and elite Hollywood shareholders... not 'Linkers. The product feels sterilized with quicker-than-ever stoppages and guys fighting safer than ever before while commentary tries to tell us both of those are good.
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby philphan » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:09 am

I can understand what you are saying. That's why I like chat so much. If the card is watered down we can just talk shit to each other or debate about good fights we are looking forward to. War Chat.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Postby Oldtoby420 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:51 pm

People need to see the other seriously big problem & that's with the Ref's & how they mantain how the fight goes.

I know these doctors can be alot of bullshit considering they don't have good enough knowledge of the fighter to consider things along with the said injury they are evaluating makes it look like they're trying to play it to safe & in the women's fights I can understand that completely until it's progressed more cuz letting it go when it shouldn't or look like a blood bath puts a bad light on MMA like the old "Human Cock Fighting" saying.

IMO unless a ref says a doctor needs to come look at said injury there's no reason to have em come in for a look cuz the doctor thinks or says he wants to when he doesn't know shit other then the how said injury appears even if it's not at all serious in hindering the fighters ability to fight.

As for fighters playing it safe yea starting to be bunch of bullshit when these guys wana fight not to lose rather then fight to finish & win but the other BIG problem I see all to often is these refs letting fighters just stall as long as they can then do something insignificant to appear active so they can go back to stalling to just repeat the process all over again.

If a fighter doesn't advance his position or does nothing with said dominant position to look to finish then the Ref's need to break em up to start back in standing position. cuz we saw a shit load of that garbage the other night fighters just wanting to hump their way to a decision win, that's not fighting.

Give em their points & break em up iodgaf if some guy has the others back or body triangle if all they wana do is hold on to em the entire time nah fuck that you get maybe a minute max of that shit then if it's clear your just riding the clock out they should lose that dominant position to start back standing up. I'm all for ground game & submision attempts but letting a guy backpack another fighter for near half or more of a round is unacceptable.

Ref's need to quit letting fighters stall & make em fight.

Oh yea & def way way to many watered down cards time to make an up and comers division events so they aren't trying to push so many low level fights & fighters on cards that they shouldn't be trying to showcase em on with only 3 fights if that to sale the card while the rest are virtual unknowns.
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:07 pm

I feel ya KOP I'm barely hanging on, I'm only looking forward to like 3-4 fights then Im full on BKB just bleed old fighter mode.
Mas vs Nick
Tony vs anyone
Gaethje vs anyone
Izzy vs Yoel
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Fully agree.
Used to watch 90% of cards live, now I'm way under 50%. Watch most of them the next day just so I can skip through the fights i don't care about. I only watch the prelims if my pvr catches them. Zero online prelims ever.

My linkering is way down too, just don't have the time that I used to have. I'm a filthy casual these days, still love it just don't have the time.
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby SpeakEasy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:17 pm

I love watching specific fights but can't be arsed to sit through a full card.
I can't tell you the last ppv I bought or if I've watched a full card in the last 2 years.
Boxing was my first love and we got filthy fucking spoiled this year so maybe that was part of it but I really think WME bought the Titanic at face value instead of performance and treated as such
"This is unsinkable and will never go down all we gotta do is let the captain steer the ship and we just have to coast"
But the icebergs they have to navigate were never Dana's friend and now we're stuck without the Fertitta bros putting guns to grandmother's heads to keep things moving behind the scenes.
We got Marky Mark playing Diddley dipshit and doing nothing to help the company.
One and rizin get a lot more of my attention because you can feel the gang corruption still which is really the secret flavours of mma
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
obviously for a reason."
SpeakEasy
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Postby hawdrigoh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:10 pm

The social media era of humanity is the root of the problem. We're in an age where people want a ton of stupid shit delivered immediately to their eyes and ears to keep themselves entertained.

Social media and cell phones should be abolished. Computers should also have limits on memory and speed and the internet should be limited to Linker, weather forecasts, and medical shit so you can still argue with your doctor about their diagnosis just to fuck with them. No more emails, if you want to send someone a message write it out and fucking find someone to deliver it to them. Words need to have meaning again. Giving any 14 year old fuckwit the ability to message anyone in the world at any time is clearly a disaster that should have been foreseen.

There should be one PPV a month and a Fight Night thrown in every now and then. I don't have a problem with women fighting but if it's obviously a shit fight then put it on the prelims where it belongs. Same goes with the current HW division, no one wants to see the majority of that shit. Actually the prelims should be mainly dedicated to non-title fight WMMA and HW. Goldie needs to be reinstated, Ariel Halawi should go back to his old show/interviews, ESPN should stick to basketball, and MMA in Japan should be resurrected to GOAT Pride level. The rest will work itself out.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
7th Professional Linker Victory
7th Professional Linker Victory

Next

Return to MMA Discussion