Close
Login
Register

Gogoplata

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Re: Gogoplata

Postby KeyboardPacifist » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:54 pm

^^^^^^^^ lol, right on ! You found it ! lol. Yep, that brings back some old memories. :P

yet another submission that new guys imagine was created by 10th planet. jeez.

that one is escapable (when it is sunk in) if you stack the guy up in the center of his back and posture up will pushing off with one of your hands under his thigh and one hand opening the scissoring of the legs. If you just stack up, you'll go deeper into the squeeze. You have to open the scissor up while you stack.
[quote="MurderfaceMMA"] Sometimes you have to support one despot/dictator, in order to take out another more dangerous despot/dictator. [/quote]

lol... mma-math works in real life ?
KeyboardPacifist
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby adm2rcar » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:09 am

8ken wrote:Aren't there other legal submissions that have the same effect as a gogo? like isn't the RNC the same effect but using the arm?

What I learned early on is that the RNC is indeed a blood choke. But if you cant get the RNC choke, if its open you can to a short choke, which is pretty much your forearm accros their windpipe as more of a wind choke. So a RNC is a blood choke first, but if done alternatively it can be a wind choke.
adm2rcar
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Postby KeyboardPacifist » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:29 pm

adm2rcar wrote:
8ken wrote:Aren't there other legal submissions that have the same effect as a gogo? like isn't the RNC the same effect but using the arm?

What I learned early on is that the RNC is indeed a blood choke. But if you cant get the RNC choke, if its open you can to a short choke, which is pretty much your forearm accros their windpipe as more of a wind choke. So a RNC is a blood choke first, but if done alternatively it can be a wind choke.

The Rear Naked is not a blood choke. The rear naked is the simply the hand position behind the head. It's a catch wrestling term (of which there is also "the Sleeper" ).

However, most of us where exposed to the Mata Leon which the brazilians took from Judo (ala Count Combat). In judo, there is the Hadaka Jime, which is applied without the gi. That is why it is called the "naked" ckoke.

Technically, a rear naked (in both catch and jj) called be either the wind choke (ala fedor v timmy) or the blood choke (ala Rickson v the world).
[quote="MurderfaceMMA"] Sometimes you have to support one despot/dictator, in order to take out another more dangerous despot/dictator. [/quote]

lol... mma-math works in real life ?
KeyboardPacifist
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby rorschach69 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:40 pm

KeyboardPacifist wrote:
adm2rcar wrote:

The Rear Naked is not a blood choke. The rear naked is the simply the hand position behind the head. It's a catch wrestling term (of which there is also "the Sleeper" ).

However, most of us where exposed to the Mata Leon which the brazilians took from Judo (ala Count Combat). In judo, there is the Hadaka Jime, which is applied without the gi. That is why it is called the "naked" ckoke.

Technically, a rear naked (in both catch and jj) called be either the wind choke (ala fedor v timmy) or the blood choke (ala Rickson v the world).

mata leon! thats it! I guess my instructor just had a speech impediment, LOL
STAND FAST LINKERS!!!! YOU ARE NOW IN THE PRESENCE OF THE SIR DIDYMUS OF MMALINKER! YIELD, ELSE FALL TO MY CHIVALROUS FURY
rorschach69
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Previous

Return to Ground Game