Close
Login
Register

How does Jujitsu training typically go?

Wrestling, jujitsu, ground and pound or submit your opponent for the victory

Re: How does Jujitsu training typically go?

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:37 pm

exsanguinator wrote:
ghostdude8 wrote:
exsanguinator wrote:The only real structured system that I know of is the Gracie Combatives system... that is, 36 techniques that you are required to be able to do perfectly before being passed on to Blue Belt...

well gracie jiu jitsu preaches self defense more so it's obvious that your going to have to learn how to defend yourself correctly on the street before they promote you.

I haven't found a full list of the techniques that they are using but it's the same curriculum that is taught to most Law Enforcement agencies in the US and was originally developed for the US Army.

a purple belt i train with is a ground combat trainer for the local law enforcement
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby fighter155 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:49 pm

ThirdCoastCombat wrote:we dont have any specific requirements to get a new belt...no hours or anything like that. we advance in belt rank whenever the instructor feels like were ready

yup same with me but my instructor doesnt give belts until u get a gi he has told me that ill get purple really quickly and maybe even blue 2 because im consitently beating or hanging with the blues
"unless u continually work evolve and innovate u will learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has"
LW- tyson

WW gsp

MW- nate, vitor

LHW- SHOGUN,

HW- big nog, carwin
fighter155
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby irishmike357 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 pm

fighter155 wrote:
ThirdCoastCombat wrote:we dont have any specific requirements to get a new belt...no hours or anything like that. we advance in belt rank whenever the instructor feels like were ready

yup same with me but my instructor doesnt give belts until u get a gi he has told me that ill get purple really quickly and maybe even blue 2 because im consitently beating or hanging with the blues

You get purple before blue? What style are you learning?
Go leor uaireanta béal mans bhris a shrón

JHM
LHK
irishmike357
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former Intercontinental and US Champ

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:31 pm

irishmike357 wrote:
fighter155 wrote:

yeah blue normally comes before purple
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby fighter155 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:22 am

ThirdCoastCombat wrote:
irishmike357 wrote:
fighter155 wrote:

yeah blue normally comes before purple

idk ive only been 2 a couple classes and i thought it was purple then blue srry guys but he told me that at competition and ik he didnt mix it up like i did
"unless u continually work evolve and innovate u will learn a quick and painful lesson from someone who has"
LW- tyson

WW gsp

MW- nate, vitor

LHW- SHOGUN,

HW- big nog, carwin
fighter155
Black Belt
Black Belt

Previous

Return to Ground Game