Close
Login
Register

*Official* Liddell vs Wandy @ UFC 79

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

Silva
69%
Liddell
31%

Total votes : 72

Postby BryanKerr » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:57 pm

hell yeah! this battle came late.... but w/e. Wanderlei to KO liddell Coming this december people.
BryanKerr
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby FightFan0406 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Too bad one of them is gonna be 0-3 for the last 3 fights. Can't wait!
FightFan0406
White Belt
White Belt

Postby MadMike » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:38 pm

I cant wait to see that one. Liddell is toast.
MadMike
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Shogun » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:57 pm

HAHA beautiful, but i'm still a bit scheptical, where did u get that pic from??
Wandy by ko in the end of the first.
Shogun
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby stooonami » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:37 pm

i can see anyone winningn but SILVA.

not only is he a world class striker like chuck is.

but he has bjj. which chuck doesnt.
stooonami
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Don't Count Chuck Out

Postby Doughboy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 pm

stooonami wrote:i can see anyone winningn but SILVA.

What are you talkin about? Chuck has fantastic JJ, he just chooses to focus on his stand-up. Ill agree with you that Chuck's performances have been going downhill and Silva will more then likley be the victor. Just don't completly count the guy out. Hes still the Iceman after all.

P.S. Have you seen his Hybrid Freestyle DVD's? He has sick ankle locks!
19K Death before dismount!
Doughboy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby drewtyer » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:17 am

I'm going to root for chuck all the way. i believe he has learned his lesson especially after his loss to jardine. i'm hooooooping that he is going to change up his game plan, bring something to different to the table so, he can evolve as a fighter.

regardless this WILL be a phenomenal fight!
drewtyer
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Re: Don't Count Chuck Out

Postby stooonami » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:08 am

Doughboy wrote:
stooonami wrote:i can see anyone winningn but SILVA.

What are you talkin about? Chuck has fantastic JJ, he just chooses to focus on his stand-up. Ill agree with you that Chuck's performances have been going downhill and Silva will more then likley be the victor. Just don't completly count the guy out. Hes still the Iceman after all.

P.S. Have you seen his Hybrid Freestyle DVD's? He has sick ankle locks!

I don't think i can remember chuck submitting anyone. EVER.
stooonami
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby true520 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:57 am

I don't think i can remember chuck submitting anyone. EVER

He's Never had too! But NOW that everyone seems to know his game plan (which hasnt changed in 5 years!) He HAS to bring something else to the table.
I would be very interested to see this fight....I think Wanderli will be favored...but I dont think he should be by much...I mean...even though he is a beast...I think he has a softer chin than Rampage...and IF Chuck plants one or two there...it is all over.
I personally think Wandi will do better in a match against Rampage than Chuck. Dont start the Chuck Hating here....I know, I know Rampage seems to have Chuck's #.... BUT Wandi LOVES to get in close and Knee...and Rampage just seems to allow that...Where as Chuck Likes to strike while he is going backwards. I personally think Chuck lost to Rampage the lat time because he FELL for Rampage motioning to him as to say...come on in here, let's bang...AND that is not Chuck's style at all...so when he went in, he got caught... NOW against Jardine...who knows...I was very disapointed Chuck didnt change up on the 3rd round when he needed too...He could have won that 3rd round with a few take downs... :roll:
Mitch
true520
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby BryanKerr » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:18 pm

true520 wrote:I don't think i can remember chuck submitting anyone. EVER

He's Never had too! But NOW that everyone seems to know his game plan (which hasnt changed in 5 years!) He HAS to bring something else to the table.
I would be very interested to see this fight....I think Wanderli will be favored...but I dont think he should be by much...I mean...even though he is a beast...I think he has a softer chin than Rampage...and IF Chuck plants one or two there...it is all over.
I personally think Wandi will do better in a match against Rampage than Chuck. Dont start the Chuck Hating here....I know, I know Rampage seems to have Chuck's #.... BUT Wandi LOVES to get in close and Knee...and Rampage just seems to allow that...Where as Chuck Likes to strike while he is going backwards. I personally think Chuck lost to Rampage the lat time because he FELL for Rampage motioning to him as to say...come on in here, let's bang...AND that is not Chuck's style at all...so when he went in, he got caught... NOW against Jardine...who knows...I was very disapointed Chuck didnt change up on the 3rd round when he needed too...He could have won that 3rd round with a few take downs... :roll:
Mitch

I've always thought that too about rampage , and how he lets the muay thai clinch be used on him. Chuck wouldn't let Wanderlei do that to him at all. cause your right it's totally against his style. I'm still pulling for Silva in this fight though.
BryanKerr
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:05 pm

Silva is a douche bag, go go Chuck, even though he's turned into a big druggy. lol

I'll pretty much always root for the American fighter... but I haven't voted yet. We'll see how Chuck is training a little closer to his fight before Smith casts his ballot.
THE MARSHAL OF MMALINKER

ImageImage

(22:02:00) Bagaman: wish i was an alligator
Smith
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Location: Comfortably between a dreary northern neighbor and a cantankerous southern frienemy.

Postby mandito1 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:51 am

I would have to go with Chuch on this one. If silva goes in there brawling then he will definetly get knocked out. If he doesn't then he will just have to go toe to toe with chuck which i think he has the advantage. If silva connects though then chuck is going to loose by tko strikes. Because silva is the axe murder when he sees his opponent hurt.
mandito1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby reversal machine » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:35 pm

i didnt read much of the thread but that picture looks a bit suspect.
reversal machine
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion