Close
Login
Register

Liquid Shock Water Heavy Bags

Discuss the gear and equipment you have used to be successful

Liquid Shock Water Heavy Bags

Postby Jinzo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:57 pm

Has anyone had experience using Water heavy bags?

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-liqu ... y-bag.html

We had an 80 lb everlast bag but I did not like the way the bottom felt after a few months of use. Basically it starts to compact itself at the bottom, and you feel like your kicking/punching bricks. Hopefully this is the solution to my problems.
Jinzo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Liquid Shock Water Heavy Bags

Postby ryyonvin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:41 am

Jinzo wrote:Has anyone had experience using Water heavy bags?

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-liqu ... y-bag.html

We had an 80 lb everlast bag but I did not like the way the bottom felt after a few months of use. Basically it starts to compact itself at the bottom, and you feel like your kicking/punching bricks. Hopefully this is the solution to my problems.

Sorry I have never had any experience using it, but I dont think it's the only solution to your problem. Everlast gear is pretty poor and through my experience I have never been satisfied with their products. I would also consider looking up other brands of bags before you invest in the liquid bag that seems to be new and untested. Idk what you would be using it for but I personally own a Twins Thai Bag and love it. I kick the crap out of it quite often and its still holding up great. I have also used a Fairtex bag which was phenomenal but those are expensive. There a quite a few title bags at my gym and for the most part they are good, but a couple of them have developed hard spots which can really mess up your hands or shins.

My advice to you is to shop around and look at reviews before you settle on something that expensive.
Wrestlers are like cockroaches, you put them on their back and they die.

I AM THE TRUE SHOGUN OF MMALINKER!!!!
ryyonvin
Red Belt
Red Belt

Location: armbarring Shadowmoses while he cries like a girl in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Postby Jinzo » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:24 pm

There problem is there are no reviews for the heavy water bag yet. Your Thai MMA bag does it compact at the bottom?
Jinzo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby ryyonvin » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Jinzo wrote:There problem is there are no reviews for the heavy water bag yet. Your Thai MMA bag does it compact at the bottom?

It definitely is noticebly denser at the bottom 8 inches, but not to the point where you cant throw any cut kicks without hurting yourself. In fact I prefer the extra density just because it feels like I'm working my shins more.

While you may not find too many reviews on that specific model, water bags are not completely uncommon. I believe everlast has been making them for awhile so I'm sure you can find reviews on those and see what the general consensous is.

ryyonvin
Red Belt
Red Belt

Location: armbarring Shadowmoses while he cries like a girl in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Postby ShadowMoses42 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:40 pm

i owned a heavy bag filled with water...i broke it kicking it and the water went all over my basement floor...then i filled it with sand...
We will always remember you for your undeniable logic in every single instance ever; there is now an empty void in all of our hearts that can never again be filled, unless it is with your unequivocal passion and love
ShadowMoses42
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Location: making ryyonvin cry with his superior BJJ skills in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Postby ryyonvin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:47 pm

ShadowMoses42 wrote:i owned a heavy bag filled with water...i broke it kicking it and the water went all over my basement floor...then i filled it with sand...

it was actually me who broke it with my ultra-mega powerful cut kicks, I just made shadowmoses clean it up.

ryyonvin
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby ShadowMoses42 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:20 pm

ryyonvin wrote:
ShadowMoses42 wrote:i owned a heavy bag filled with water...i broke it kicking it and the water went all over my basement floor...then i filled it with sand...

it was actually me who broke it with my ultra-mega powerful cut kicks, I just made shadowmoses clean it up.

this is true...
We will always remember you for your undeniable logic in every single instance ever; there is now an empty void in all of our hearts that can never again be filled, unless it is with your unequivocal passion and love
ShadowMoses42
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Location: making ryyonvin cry with his superior BJJ skills in Bucks County, Pennsylvania

Return to Gear and Equipment