Close
Login
Register

Roach Wants 70-30 Split

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Re: Roach Wants 70-30 Split

Postby supermanpunch » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:31 am

Roach is lucky that Pacquiao looks up to him like a father or else he wouldn't be allowed to make all the crazy demands that he is doing like that crazy catchweight at 143, he is a trainer for God's sake not Pacquiao's manager but in this particular case 70-30 is just fair, Cotto is just not the draw right now especially coming from a controversial loss from Clottey, a tuneup fight and a knockout from Margarito.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Nigelthegreat » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:12 pm

i think roach is doing this because truely deep down he does not want this fight to happen

cotto has not looked near as good since losing to margarito.
pacquiao would demolish him regardless of the size advantage.

in no way will anyone accept a 70-30 split to fight pacquiao, he isnt much of a draw either. his last 2 fights were against the biggest draws in boxing thats why the numbers were high!
Nigelthegreat
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby Nigelthegreat » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:48 pm

emd01 wrote:
in no way will anyone accept a 70-30 split to fight pacquiao, he isnt much of a draw either. his last 2 fights were against the biggest draws in boxing thats why the numbers were high!
Those fights made Pacquiao a PPV draw. People pay to see fighters like Pacquiao...the guy is exciting :mrgreen: .

true but i dont think it entitles him to a 70-30 split against cotto
60-40 sounds fair or 55-45.
but 70-30 is very demanding and kinda off the wall
Nigelthegreat
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:28 pm

emd01 wrote:
Cotto is just not the draw right now especially coming from a controversial loss from Clottey, a tuneup fight and a knockout from Margarito.
So, why fight Cotto if there are bigger draws out there?

Because he is still a draw right now but it's a different story before his fight with Margacheater, also even before he fought Hatton he already said that he wanted to fight on Oct. or Nov. to keep him active, they can't make a fight with Floyd so the only option he got for now is Cotto and Mosley and he won't be fighting Mosley because Bob wouldn't want that, if he fights Mosley GBP is going to have a piece of the pie and Bob and Pac don't want to share it this time because GBP are promoted a fight in the expense of Pacquiao.

Nigelthegreat wrote:in no way will anyone accept a 70-30 split to fight pacquiao, he isnt much of a draw either. his last 2 fights were against the biggest draws in boxing thats why the numbers were high!

Hatton wasn't much of a draw on the U.S. with the Pacman fight because he got KTFO the first time he fought in the U.S and he had that piss poor performance with Lazcano and struggled with punching bag Paulie while Pacquiao was coming off a TKO win from De La Hoya.

Nigelthegreat wrote:i think roach is doing this because truely deep down he does not want this fight to happen

He already agreed to a 145 catchweight which he would never accept before, so yeah he is ready for the fight.

Nigelthegreat wrote:cotto has not looked near as good since losing to margarito.
pacquiao would demolish him regardless of the size advantage.

He didn't look good because Clottey didn't make him, Clottey is an excellent fighter and he deserves credit for that performance, you would be surprise how much of a war it can become when Pac and Cotto fight, I think Pacman is at a disadvantage on this fight because at WW I think is the division where he stopped carrying his full power, he ain't Roberto Duran and we can't really make a comparison between Hatton and Cotto because the danger they present are different and I think Cotto is way better than Hatton in every department.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Nigelthegreat » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:59 am

they can't make a fight with Floyd so the only option he got for now is Cotto and Mosley

that is true. Mosely would present more of a challenge i believe though. Cotto has not looked that impressive since his loss.
Mosely just looked amazing.

Hatton wasn't much of a draw on the U.S. with the Pacman fight because he got KTFO the first time he fought in the U.S and he had that piss poor performance with Lazcano and struggled with punching bag Paulie while Pacquiao was coming off a TKO win from De La Hoya.

Hattons first fight in the US was way back in his early days. his first big fight in the US was collazo and that fight was a toe to toe battle that earned him fans. and he won. with debate but honestly he secured it with that 1st round knock down.

Lazcano he dominated the fight. he was in trouble a couple times and he didnt move hsi head as much but he won all but 2 rounds and lazcano is a top teir LWW

HATTON MASSACRED PAULIE!! it was a 1 sided fight minus the 1st round. hatton slaughtered him, cotto had a closer fight with malinagi.

Pacquiaos DLH tko was very impressive but it wasnt at oscars weight and hes old. it diminishes the win quite a bit. a dehidrated older dlh still impressive but it could of been so much more.

He already agreed to a 145 catchweight which he would never accept before, so yeah he is ready for the fight

I Was not aware of hte agreement THANSK FOR THE INFO DUDE. ive been wondering for awhile.
i dont think cotto will go the distance pac-mans too fast too powerful.

He didn't look good because Clottey didn't make him, Clottey is an excellent fighter and he deserves credit for that performance, you would be surprise how much of a war it can become when Pac and Cotto fight, I think Pacman is at a disadvantage on this fight because at WW I think is the division where he stopped carrying his full power, he ain't Roberto Duran and we can't really make a comparison between Hatton and Cotto because the danger they present are different and I think Cotto is way better than Hatton in every department.

i agree clottey didnt let him look good. clottey should of won that fight though, putting the idea of cotto-pac-man in the trash.
clottey is a great fighter 100% agreed.
i think it would be war but it wouldnt go past 6 or 7 rounds cotto cant absorb punishment pac-man can dish out. its cut prone and he buckles under pressure. pac-man wont pressure him like margarito did though.

at 147 i agree it would be more in cotto's advantage but slightly. pac-man still a 3-1 favorite imo.

agreed about the hatton-cotto comparisons they both are completely different.
i believe cotto is more technical boxer, better defence, and slightly more powerful. but hatton is faster, has a much higher work rate nad better cardio, he fights 3 minutes of every round better than anyone. it gets him alot of points. and he is quite a good boxer but he likes to brawl and it works for him. Cotto is a get in, get out, keep a tight guard, kind of boxer, and great at it.

Or wouldn't let him. Clotteys defensive skills are way better than Pacquiao.

agreed his defence is very impressive. especially for a fighter to keeps pressure on his opponents.
Nigelthegreat
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.