Close
Login
Register

Mayweather didn't make his money until DeLaHoya

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Re: Mayweather didn't make his money until DeLaHoya

Postby supermanpunch » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:32 am

I already said it before Floyd is not the cash cow he thinks he is, it was computed already before that if you remove Pac and Floyd's respective fights with Hatton and De La Hoya, Pacquiao sold more PPV than him and you have to consider that Floyd's been at a highter weight class before Pacquiao and he is American, so what do you think that means? yes gentlemen it means that he is boring. Also why did you think he suddenly had a rib fracture, our insider already told us week before that it happened that the fight with Marquez isn't selling good enough and they had to move the fight and make some excuses... they are really funny, Schaefer said it wasn't a rib injury but his uncle said it was, they should have rehearsed it more.. and now Schaefer is saying that the report said the fight already sold 5.5 million just trying his best to save face, show us the damn papers then, I don't really hear anyone talking about that fight, it's like it hasn't been made at all, those scumbags are hyping that fight in Pacquiao's expense, couldn't really tell how much bad things they already said just to dupe people into thinking that both those guys are no.1, they're really desperate, now they got Mosley barking like a chihuahua begging for scraps.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby MTaylor940 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Mayweather owns Pacman it's that simple.
MTaylor940
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:23 pm

^see? that is what's wrong on this sport right now, we wanna see it happen we don't want it talk about. It ain't no problem for me if Pacman got beat, atleast we have an idea who really is the top guy right now instead of trying to figure it out on our own.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:39 am

^Well Mayweather doesn't see it that way for sure, if he thinks he's good enough to spank Pacquiao he would've jumped at him already since Pacquiao is the biggest money fight for him, I'm pretty sure he saw something we didn't. As for Pacquiao being juiced like Pavlik, I think that's really unfair, he already made a name for himself and the competition he got is lightyears away from Pavlik. A good performance is a good performance and it leaves a good impression to the fans, that's why he's being talk about most of the time.... and it just makes sense that the fans would want him fight with Mayweather.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Nigelthegreat » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:26 am

Boxing champions have to fight the #1 contenders or they are stripped of their belts.

mayweather fights the best of the best, in or out of his weight.

he has proved more in his career then any mma fighter.
i love mma but lets be honests

18 title fights?> or 19?

all agaisnt top opponents

yeah

most mma fighers dont get thatr many WINS let alone title defences

then again its apple sand oranges. boxing is WAY different in mma in how its done to how its run
Nigelthegreat
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:42 pm

emd01 wrote:
supermanpunch wrote:^Well Mayweather doesn't see it that way for sure, if he thinks he's good enough to spank Pacquiao he would've jumped at him already since Pacquiao is the biggest money fight for him, I'm pretty sure he saw something we didn't. As for Pacquiao being juiced like Pavlik, I think that's really unfair, he already made a name for himself and the competition he got is lightyears away from Pavlik. A good performance is a good performance and it leaves a good impression to the fans, that's why he's being talk about most of the time.... and it just makes sense that the fans would want him fight with Mayweather.

:lol: It's real funny you Pacman fans thinks Mayweather should come back after a year and a half layoff and just jump in the ring with the worlds P4P...that would be stupid...plain and simple. I don't think it's unfair at all. He's being called things like "Unstoppable" :lol: . Lets look at his last 3 opponents...David Diaz, DLH and Hatton :roll: . All hand picked opponents to make Pacquiao look good. A blind man could see those fights were made with Pacquiao at an advantage. I mean, you go from fighting JMM to Diaz?!? He had good performances but don't scream Mayweather is ducking the lil guy because it's just laughable...Mayweather will KO Pacquiao. Another thing, just a couple years ago, when Mayweather was P4P noone was even talking about Pacquiao...now, he's a god because he beat hand picked opponents?!? I think not. Pacquiao does a LOT of stuuf wrong and Mayweather will expose him.

But if Pacquiao was that bad why would he need a tuneup fight for??
Lets look at his last 3 opponents...David Diaz, DLH and Hatton :roll: . All hand picked opponents to make Pacquiao look good. A blind man could see those fights were made with Pacquiao at an advantage

and Floyd doesn't do that?? cherrypick his opponents?? how did you think he become undefeated and build an illustrious career that people don't know of? When Pac fought De La Hoya everyone was expecting him to get knocked out, so he deserved some praise on that one. I wonder if you read the papers because no one is actually calling him unstoppable and a God, in fact a lot of writers look at him as an underdog whether it be Mosley or Mayweather he is facing, it's just that it's the fight people want right now, I don't know about KO'ing Pacquiao though, hard to KO someone when you fight on your bike but if that happens that would be impressive.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:54 pm

emd01 wrote:
and Floyd doesn't do that?? cherrypick his opponents?? how did you think he become undefeated and build an illustrious career that people don't know of? When Pac fought De La Hoya everyone was expecting him to get knocked out, so he deserved some praise on that one. I wonder if you read the papers because no one is actually calling him unstoppable and a God, in fact a lot of writers look at him as an underdog whether it be Mosley or Mayweather he is facing, it's just that it's the fight people want right now, I don't know about KO'ing Pacquiao though, hard to KO someone when you fight on your bike but if that happens that would be impressive.
Yes, Floyd does cherry pick and yes, Pacquiao deserves praise for both the DLH and Hatton wins but to compare Mayweather victories to Pacquiaos is just silly...you can't compare common opponenets and predict the outcome of a fight. Lol...noone may be using those exact words but they might as well. I don't think he's half as accomplished or skilled as Mayweather but he's talked about like he is. I understand he's exciting and he KOs people but I see what Roach is doing and it's not gunning for the best. The Mayweather/Pacman fight is being hindered by both sides anyway, not just Mayweather so you can't even ask "why doesn't he fight Pacamn?" because not only does PBF want 60/40 so does Pacman :| . Btw, I haven't seen too many writers say he's the UD, if you're talking about against Mayweather, if any at all. Have a link :) ?

emd01 wrote:
Yes, Floyd does cherry pick and yes, Pacquiao deserves praise for both the DLH and Hatton wins but to compare Mayweather victories to Pacquiaos is just silly...you can't compare common opponenets and predict the outcome of a fight. Lol...noone may be using those exact words but they might as well. I don't think he's half as accomplished or skilled as Mayweather but he's talked about like he is. I understand he's exciting and he KOs people but I see what Roach is doing and it's not gunning for the best. The Mayweather/Pacman fight is being hindered by both sides anyway, not just Mayweather so you can't even ask "why doesn't he fight Pacamn?" because not only does PBF want 60/40 so does Pacman :| . Btw, I haven't seen too many writers say he's the UD, if you're talking about against Mayweather, if any at all. Have a link :) ?

not as half as accomplished as Mayweather? come on man.... Pacquiao is champion on 5 different weight classes and it can be 6 depending on what you believe in, as for skills he is unorthodox and he has his own and for that article I'm sure there are some at RSR and eastsideboxing (you can also see some Pacquiao avoiding black fighters thread) but no need to look that far, here is something from Lennox Lewis :lol: http://fighthype.com/pages/content5132.html
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Previous

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.