Close
Login
Register

AB LOUNGER

Discuss the gear and equipment you have used to be successful

AB LOUNGER

Postby WARRIO562 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 pm

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF IT WORKS? PLEASE GET BACK AT ME OR MAYBE YOU HAVE SOME SUGGESTION'S ON HOW TO LOSE MY GUT THANX
WARRIO562
White Belt
White Belt

Re: AB LOUNGER

Postby Oldtoby420 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:19 pm

I used to use a 6 second abs machine when I worked out daily & to be completely honest it worked good, not to mention it put alot less strain on my back then doing crunches or sit ups.
Oldtoby420 aka Blacklotu5
Oldtoby420
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Postby halal pig » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:04 am

they dont work great and they are a little annoying. i have one and it hangs up clothes. most catalog home exercise machines are ok for 20 mins and u never use em again.
halal pig
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby blk » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:31 pm

Google it. I've heard a lot of terrible things about their effectiveness.
But let's be honest... if you want abs, or you're trying to build up your core - there is MUCH more efficient ways to go about it.

Here's a simple workout you can do 3 times a week.
Bicycle Crunches: 3 sets of 30
Captain's Chair: 3 sets of 20
Crunches on a Ball: 3 sets of 30

Don't pay too much attention to how many sit-ups there are; adapt it to yourself.
It should only take a couple minutes, and you don't have to worry about folding out a crazy chair-rocker-thingy.
That alone will build up your core, but you won't see your abs unless you modify your diet and burn the layer of fat covering them (if you're a little on the chubby side). Aim to have your body fat percentage in the 6-8% range.

I have tons more partner exercises I can explain to you, and dieting information if you need it.

I guess at this point, I should introduce myself since it's my first post.
I'm Level 2 Krav Maga with a year of Muay Thai experience and about 6 months of No-Gui BJJ. I've spent years staying healthy and fit with a good diet and solid core-building and strength-building routines.
Happy to be here.
Word.
blk
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Kano1989 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 pm

any thing that has a infomercial probably isnt that good

firts off if you want to be lean you need to eat according to your ethinic background for example white poeple cand drink milk but asians cant. just check out the german body comp from charles poliquin and its a myth you have to do alot of cruches to get abs.

diet and use the squat, deadlift, and strongman's superyoke thats real core training. only bitches train their abs by lay on their backs
Kano1989
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Blacksheep » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:56 pm

WARRIO562 wrote:DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF IT WORKS? PLEASE GET BACK AT ME OR MAYBE YOU HAVE SOME SUGGESTION'S ON HOW TO LOSE MY GUT THANX

I have one (was a gift)....and I actually like mine,and like toby said, the floor hurts my back, as long as your doing other things for your work out it seems to help....what I like about mine is that it helps warm up and stretch my lower back and stomach before a work out.

By the way...I know your new to the forum....But please do not use all caps. when you post, it is annoying and also against the rules.
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I sure as hell won't. - George S. Patton
"The Sheep's Pen"
Blacksheep
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Hall of Famer, Former P4P Champ

Postby CCMAR » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:57 am

Blacksheep wrote:
WARRIO562 wrote:DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF IT WORKS? PLEASE GET BACK AT ME OR MAYBE YOU HAVE SOME SUGGESTION'S ON HOW TO LOSE MY GUT THANX

I have one (was a gift)....and I actually like mine,and like toby said, the floor hurts my back, as long as your doing other things for your work out it seems to help....what I like about mine is that it helps warm up and stretch my lower back and stomach before a work out.

By the way...I know your new to the forum....But please do not use all caps. when you post, it is annoying and also against the rules.

I agree.. I don't mind it really, it doesn't workout my abs nearly as hard as regular oblique twists and leg raises but its a lot better than doing crunches on the floor putting strain on the lower back.. I recommend it for a warm up to help open up your torso area and Upper limbs.
LHK
HW - AO
LHW - Jones, Machida
MW - V. Belfort, Hendo
WW - GSP
LW - Aldo, K-Flo
FW - Sudo
CCMAR
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Gear and Equipment