Close
Login
Register

Pacquiao is winning fans throughout Asia

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Pacquiao is winning fans throughout Asia

Postby batangastig » Wed May 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Pacquiao recently visited Thailand, and was greeted as a hero by the Thai people and also the Thai prime minister. Pacquiao is considered as one of the catalyst that brought back the popularity of boxing to Thailand. Pacquiao is now being considered as nt only a Philippine treasure, but Asia's treasure. Pacquiao now must not only fight for the honor of his country, but also all of Asia. Here is the article in boxingscene.com:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=20122
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Pacquiao is winning fans throughout Asia

Postby batangastig » Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 pm

tottenham19 wrote:
emd01 wrote:Didn't Pacman used to fight MT? Imo, Pacman is the most exciting fighter to watch atm...it's going to be a shame when Mayweather gives him a beating :D .

really? i never heard anything about that but it wouldn't surprise me.

if pacquiao has ever trained in any other martial arts other than boxing, it would prolly be yaw-yan, which is the filipino version of mt. pacquiao is a soldier, and yaw-yan has been known to be used by the Philippine army.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Thu May 28, 2009 12:53 am

emd01 wrote:Didn't Pacman used to fight MT? Imo, Pacman is the most exciting fighter to watch atm...it's going to be a shame when Mayweather gives him a beating :D .

no that's just something the HBO crew came up with, he only did boxing and no other combat sport, and how is he going to give Pacquiao a beating when he's riding his bicycle the entire fight, maybe a UD if he wins, he shouldn't wear that gladiator costume if he's gonna do that btw because it's going to be obvious :lol: he'll piss Merchant off again.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby kushfight » Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 pm

I like Pacquiao a lot he's a great fighter and seems like a respectable guy. It's no secret he's winning over fans throughout Asia. He's winning over fans everywhere. I hope if he eventually fights Mayweather, he shuts pretty boy Floyds mouth. For now though, I'm rooting for Marquez to hopefully do the job.
RIP KYOK
kushfight
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby 808_Hawaii » Sat May 30, 2009 6:20 am

supermanpunch wrote:

no that's just something the HBO crew came up with, he only did boxing and no other combat sport, and how is he going to give Pacquiao a beating when he's riding his bicycle the entire fight, maybe a UD if he wins, he shouldn't wear that gladiator costume if he's gonna do that btw because it's going to be obvious :lol: he'll piss Merchant off again.

Never know most people thought that if Machida were to win it would be by a boring UD
BJJ Blue belt
Certified Personal Trainer (NASM)(NPTI)
Certified Speedblast trainer
Certified Kettlebell trainer
Check out my basic Strength and Conditioning for MMA/BJJ
strength-speed-conditioning-for-grapplers-fighters-t123418.html
808_Hawaii
Mod Emeritus

Postby CCMAR » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:34 pm

He's got quick hands and is pretty strong for his weight... He's an icon all over the globe now.... can't believe how fast Hatton dropped... I thought he would have lasted a lot longer.
LHK
HW - AO
LHW - Jones, Machida
MW - V. Belfort, Hendo
WW - GSP
LW - Aldo, K-Flo
FW - Sudo
CCMAR
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.