Close
Login
Register

SPRAWL Gripflex XT review

Discuss the gear and equipment you have used to be successful

SPRAWL Gripflex XT review

Postby ghostdude8 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:53 am

http://www.mmawarehouse.com/SPRAWL-Grip ... r-1043.htm

So i decided to do a review since I don't see any in this forum :?, thought i would do a review for people who are new to jiu jitsu and are looking for a good pair of grappling shorts. I'll post pics of my shorts other than the link i provided (bought it from mmawarehouse.com but budovideos.com is excellent as well). This was the first pair of grappling shorts i've purchased and I have to say it made me a fan of SPRAWL. The sizing for the shorts are not normal sizing, for example if you wear a 34 in shorts than you should order a 32 in SPRAWL. The material for the shorts are great, it absorbs sweat really well and i've had these shorts for about 6 months and it's still in great condition. I grapple about 3-4 days a week and most of the time only use these shorts so that should tell you that these shorts will last for awhile. The grip zone feature is nice but I don't feel it gives me an advantage when i attempt an armbar, kneebar or a triangle. The waistband is also good as well, the shorts never fall down and you can tighten it or loosen it so it feels perfect on you. These shorts are real lightweight as well and I have no problem using the rubber guard as well so these shorts allow you full control (unlike board shorts which doesn't let you be that flexible). These are great shorts to buy for grappling or even kickboxing. There's enough room to kick and move around in them. I'm waiting for SPRAWL to release there new shorts later this year, from what i've heard it should be coming out soon or at least some pictures/information on them will be released soon. So in conclusion, you can't go wrong with SPRAWL shorts :mrgreen:

You can PM if you have any questions.
ghostdude8
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Former P4P Champ

Re: SPRAWL Gripflex XT review

Postby ThirdCoastCombat » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:24 am

i have the gripflex xt's as well and i absolutely love them. no complaints at all.
ThirdCoastCombat
Mod Emeritus

Postby ghostdude8 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:51 pm

quick update: SPRAWL still hasn't released any information on there new shorts :( the red and green gripflex shorts are on sale on sprawl.tv though, think there 45 bucks now so it's a good deal since the shorts are listed at 56 bucks regular price.
ghostdude8

Accolades: Former P4P Champ

Postby GladiatorGallemore » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Sprawls are the best brand out of the popular shorts out there. Seems like everyone buys TapouT, but they are not as durable, and dont have the flex area. soo..... they rip out in the groin when head kicking.
GladiatorGallemore
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Kitchelson » Mon May 04, 2009 11:25 am

I have a pair. I reallylike them, justwishtheywould comeoutwitha pairof orange and black fight shorts :biggrin:
Kitchelson
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Gear and Equipment