meyer1244
Mod Emeritus

Re: K-1 World MAX FINAL 16 2009

Postby meyer1244 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:17 am

meyer1244
Mod Emeritus

Postby meyer1244 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:10 pm

Petrosyan vs Lima is now almost confirmed im hearing.
meyer1244
Mod Emeritus

Postby gigica1 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 am

tottenham19 wrote:surprising tatsuji is in an opening fight after repeated failures at MAX japan, hopefully he can get a win.

as for the rest of the card, buakaw should handle dida pretty soundly, sato and drago should be decent but sato should take it. nagashima will also be brutally KO'd by kraus most likely..

yeah...pretty much the way it will go ...
gigica1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby meyer1244 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:31 pm

Great event , hadn't seen the full card yet , thanks. I'm pumped. I'm assuming that full card was just released.
meyer1244
Mod Emeritus

Postby detfilteg » Fri May 01, 2009 9:00 am

meyer1244 wrote:Great event , hadn't seen the full card yet , thanks. I'm pumped. I'm assuming that full card was just released.

I have not watched all of the fights yet but I will comment on a few.

SPOILERS

Buakaw vs Dida:

Jesus christ I thought Buakaw was done in the first. He got knocked down and then brutalized for the rest of the first round. That guy has got a good chin for sure to take all of that punishment. He came out in the ensuing rounds and returned the favor of brutality only for him he was targeting the body of Dida. Buakaw coming out of the corner with a vengance is something I never want to experience personally as some of those hooks to the body and knees made me double over just watching it.

Petrosyan vs Askerov:

I was extremely impressed with how Petrosyan controlled the distance with Askerov and never let him get inside to do any damage which seemed to be what Askerov was trying to accomplish. And talking about knees to the body in the Buakaw fight, I would not have wanted to be on the business end of any of Petrosyan's knees either. Especially the one that ended the fight.

Masato vs Hiroya:

Even though it was only oene round it was still extremely entertaining and I enjoyed watching Masato pretty much dismantle Hiroya. Masato just seemed to beat the younger fighter to the punch every time, and landing with more force. After the round I would be interested to know what the two said to each other as Hiroya seemed to be star struck standing in the ring and fighting with Masato.

Kraus vs Nagashima:

This fight just as tottenham predicted. Brutal KO from Kraus.

Sato vs Drago:

I was lifting yesterday while trying to view this one, so I will have to go back today and watch it again to pay more attention.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.
detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.