Close
Login
Register

Pacman is 22nd in Time's Most Influential People

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Pacman is 22nd in Time's Most Influential People

Postby batangastig » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:30 pm

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 04/30/2009 11:41 PM

Boxing icon Manny Pacquiao garnered more than 20 million votes in Time Magazine's online poll for the "100 Most Influential People" in the world but settled at the 22nd place in the selection.

Based on Time Magazine’s poll results, Pacquiao received a total of 20,391,818 online votes.

He, however, placed at the top 22 behind Elizabeth Warren of the US Congressional Oversight Panel, who only received 2,320,902 votes.

The online poll is just part of the criteria used by Time Magazine in determining the 100 Most Influential People honors.

Chosen as this year’s Most Influential is “moot”, a 21-year-old college student and founder of the online community 4chan.org.

Moot, whose real name is Christopher Poole, garnered 16,794,368 votes and an average influence rating of 90 (out of a possible 100).

Time Magazine said moot handily beat the likes of Barack Obama, Vladimir Putin and Oprah Winfrey.

Time Magazine managing editor Rick Stengel said they picked the 100 most influential people based on their role in changing the world.

“[These are] people who are using their ideas their vision their actions to transform the world that have an effect on a multitude of people. One of the difference in this year's Time 100 is that we're looking for people that are changing the world for the better,” he said.

Aside from moot, among those who made it into the top 10 are Anwar Ibrahim, Rick Warren, Baitulah Mehsud, Larry Brilliant, Eric Holder, Carlos Slim, Angela merkel, Kobe Bryant, and Evo Morales.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Pacman is 22nd in Time's Most Influential People

Postby gigica1 » Fri May 01, 2009 4:02 am

well done pacman ... he did change my world a bit cause I never thought that oscar can take such a beating ... :lol:
gigica1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.