Close
Login
Register

Floyd Mayweather Sr.: Juan Manuel Marquez 'nothing

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Re: Floyd Mayweather Sr.: Juan Manuel Marquez 'nothing

Postby supermanpunch » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:40 pm

What an amazing p4p Floyd is, a welterweight who doesn't want to fight welterweights.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby batangastig » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:58 am

see this is why i dont like ether mayweather sr or jr. marquez, if he didnt lose to a close dec with manny, he would prolly be the p4p best fighter right now. i know mayweather vs marquez is not set in stone, but i already know who is going to win this fight. mayweather already lost to marquez the first time he considered marquez a tune-up fighter. marquez is a true old school fighter with a great chin, great technique, and most of all has an amzing boxing IQ. when given enough time, marquez has an incredible ability of figuring out his opponent. i dont think mayweather can hurt marquez, and if marquez can last 8 rounds with floyd, i have him winning a late round ko like he did against casamayor. there is a difference between confidence and ignorance, mayweather sr will learn his lesson on may 2 when pacquiao beats hatton, and mayweather jr. will learn his lesson when he figures out that the year or so off from boxing will be a major factor in his lose against his so called tune-up fight with marquez.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:16 pm

^ we got different opinion on this fight, I think this fight is a mismatch. Mayweather is better in everything may it be physical or mental, Marquez is really starting to get hurt on his recent fights at 135, there were times that I thought Juan Diaz is gonna get him. I hate Floyd though, really hate how his fans acting like oh he's gonna do this and that to everyone, for example this article, his father kept said that Floyd is gonna do that to Margarito, he shouldn't fight anymore if he's that godly. That retirement is just to avoid fighting WWs like Margarito, Mosley and Cotto, it was just a ploy to stop people talking about him ducking fighters. If he was sincere on his retirement he wouldn't have kept his body in shape and come back this early, there are even rumors that he was training a lot even though he's retired. It is evident on his tv appearances especially on that at&t commercial that he is in fighting shape, by now you would think that he somehow grew some balls after that time off but here we go again and he's got to pick on someone from LW who hasn't even fought on jr WW or WW yet. If it's jr WW I give Marquez a chance on beating him but if it's WW I say Marquez is dead, either way I hope Floyd gets his ass bitten on this fight.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.