Register

Hatton is pulling a BJ Penn

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Hatton is pulling a BJ Penn

Postby batangastig » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:16 pm

Hatton wants longer pleasure activities before his big fight
http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT20090203147191.html
By NICK GIONGCO

Not even an on-going two-week Caribbean cruise with his loved ones is enough for Ricky Hatton to enjoy life before he plunges into heavy training for the May 2 battle with Manny Pacquiao.

Hatton told the British press that he will ask chief trainer Floyd Mayweather Sr. to allow him to spend some more time in England in the company of his family before he heads to boot camp in Las Vegas.

Mayweather wants Hatton to train for eight solid weeks under him in Las Vegas but the fighter fancies a longer time in the UK since "I will miss my son, my girlfriend, my family and my football if I go for that long."

Still, if Mayweather Sr. insists that Hatton gets there eight weeks prior to the scheduled 12-rounder at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, he will have no choice but to give in.

"My trainer Floyd Mayweather wants me there for eight solid weeks but that is a long time," said Hatton. "I will speak to Floyd about the training camp but if I have to go I will go."

When Hatton begins training camp in England, assistant trainer Lee Beard will supervise his training.

Hatton’s fascination with the bottle and late-night partying is not news in England and the puncher himself admits he enjoys the hedonistic lifestyle.

When he is not in training, Hatton gains weight by consuming his favorite brew and dining on his preferred finger foods.

"I’d like to go to bed at eight o‘clock every night, eat salads every day and not drink but I’m not made that way," said Hatton, who will defend his status as king of the 140-lb division more than his lightly-regarded International Boxing Organization crown.

With exactly 90 days remaining before the bout that will be staged in front of an expected boisterous audience at the 16,000-plus seat Grand Garden Arena, Hatton and Pacquiao have yet to work out a sweat as they continue to indulge in non-boxing activities like, in Pacquiao’s case -- hosting parties -- and chilling out with friends and family.

Like Hatton, Pacquiao also adds extra pounds but makes sure his weight doesn’t go past 155 lbs.

"I don’t allow myself to bloat," said Pacquiao, whose diet consists of seafood such as fish, crabs and lobsters and also chicken and steak (cooked well-done).

But once Pacquiao reports for training, his food is mainly beef soup, chicken, fish, bread, vegetables and fruits.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Hatton is pulling a BJ Penn

Postby gigica1 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:39 am

these fighters at the top are not hungry anymore man...Hatton should ask for 10 weeks instead of 8 ... new blood needs to emerge !
gigica1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 am

Don't worry my boy is gonna teach him a lesson in discipline.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby batangastig » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 am

if i were hatton i would be training right now cuz pacman has one of the best endurance in the game. plus hes going to be fighting in the weight, which i beleive is perfect for him. he looked amazing at 135 against diaz and 147 agaist oscar, just imagine him at 140.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby thebrickhithouse » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:57 pm

I hope Pacquiao fucks Hatton up. Ive never liked him, and Im from England where hes worshipped as a God.
Back & better than ever...
thebrickhithouse
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:24 pm

thebrickhithouse wrote:I hope Pacquiao fucks Hatton up. Ive never liked him, and Im from England where hes worshipped as a God.

I'm just rooting for my boy Manny but Hatton is a good fighter mate and I'm a fan of him too. I see him as a legitimate threat to Manny, I just don't like the discipline he is showing for this fight, Manny is taking him seriously and I hope he does the same so they can deliver a good fight that can boost the sport a little bit, I just looked at the press conference and damn he got bloated that fast again, there is gonna be a time when he's not gonna get away with that that bad habit of his.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby thebrickhithouse » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:53 pm

supermanpunch wrote:
thebrickhithouse wrote:I hope Pacquiao fucks Hatton up. Ive never liked him, and Im from England where hes worshipped as a God.

I'm just rooting for my boy Manny but Hatton is a good fighter mate and I'm a fan of him too. I see him as a legitimate threat to Manny, I just don't like the discipline he is showing for this fight, Manny is taking him seriously and I hope he does the same so they can deliver a good fight that can boost the sport a little bit, I just looked at the press conference and damn he got bloated that fast again, there is gonna be a time when he's not gonna get away with that that bad habit of his.

I get what your saying, and I agree that Ricky Hatton is a good fighter, but I don't like the lack of discipline he has, between fights he gets alot fatter and thats definately not good for the body. Also its like in MMA some people dont like Fedor because he is worshipped, in England Ricky Hatton is extremely overrated. He was described as "One P4P #1" in an article recently, when I think he's never been near that. He's never even been #1 p4p British fighter. Before the Maywheather fight everyone was saying Hatton would win, with no reason to back up there view, and thats another of the things that annoys me about him.
thebrickhithouse
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby mikepiv » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:44 pm

i got hatton
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby CARVER » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:29 am

supermanpunch wrote:
thebrickhithouse wrote:I'm just rooting for my boy Manny but Hatton is a good fighter mate and I'm a fan of him too. I see him as a legitimate threat to Manny, I just don't like the discipline he is showing for this fight, Manny is taking him seriously and I hope he does the same so they can deliver a good fight that can boost the sport a little bit, I just looked at the press conference and damn he got bloated that fast again, there is gonna be a time when he's not gonna get away with that that bad habit of his.

I get what your saying, and I agree that Ricky Hatton is a good fighter, but I don't like the lack of discipline he has, between fights he gets alot fatter and thats definately not good for the body. Also its like in MMA some people dont like Fedor because he is worshipped, in England Ricky Hatton is extremely overrated. He was described as "One P4P #1" in an article recently, when I think he's never been near that. He's never even been #1 p4p British fighter. Before the Maywheather fight everyone was saying Hatton would win, with no reason to back up there view, and thats another of the things that annoys me about him.

If Hatton hasn't been Britain's p4p best along with Calzaghe i don't know who is, it's debatable between the 2 especially since about 2000 they both have been at the top of their games.Hatton has lost 1 fight to Mayweather who was P4P king at the time so there was no shame in that.And i don't see how he's overrated in Britain when he's beaten every body except one person that's been put in front of him in 46 fights,i think if anything he's underrated in the rest of the world to some extent ,i think people in Britain especially the 20,000 fans that follow him every where would have sussed by now if he was overrated.
CARVER
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby thebrickhithouse » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:15 pm

CARVER wrote:
supermanpunch wrote:
thebrickhithouse wrote:I'm just rooting for my boy Manny but Hatton is a good fighter mate and I'm a fan of him too. I see him as a legitimate threat to Manny, I just don't like the discipline he is showing for this fight, Manny is taking him seriously and I hope he does the same so they can deliver a good fight that can boost the sport a little bit, I just looked at the press conference and damn he got bloated that fast again, there is gonna be a time when he's not gonna get away with that that bad habit of his.

If Hatton hasn't been Britain's p4p best along with Calzaghe i don't know who is, it's debatable between the 2 especially since about 2000 they both have been at the top of their games.Hatton has lost 1 fight to Mayweather who was P4P king at the time so there was no shame in that.And i don't see how he's overrated in Britain when he's beaten every body except one person that's been put in front of him in 46 fights,i think if anything he's underrated in the rest of the world to some extent ,i think people in Britain especially the 20,000 fans that follow him every where would have sussed by now if he was overrated.

First Calzaghe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hatton. If they fought on equal conditions it would be a Calzaghe/Lacy style asswhooping.
And yes he is very overrated in England. People in England do seriously believe he was, as I stated earlier the one time #1 p4p fighter, when I personally don't think hes been close.
Also you underestimate the blind dedication of the British people.
thebrickhithouse
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Postby FootFistProductions » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:31 pm

Hatton has no chance
irishmike357 wrote: He sucker punched him from behind before the fight even started, and by sucker punched I mean shot him with a gun.
Burritoking1000 wrote:I would let like 100 dudes jerk off all over me for a whole day for less than a million.
FootFistProductions
3rd Professional Linker Victory
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.