Close
Login
Register

Barrera vs Khan Mar 14 in Manchester

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Re: Barrera vs Khan Mar 14 in Manchester

Postby supermanpunch » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:45 pm

You know Khan has the skills to become a top contender, he has a good jab, he's fast and he has a good amateur background backing him up. He sparred w/Manny Pacquiao to help him on the De La Hoya fight and he has Roach on his side now, if he comes in prepared with a good game plan, I'd say it's a winnable fight for him.

Now let's look at Barrera, he is a veteran of the sport but at the moment were not really sure where he stands especially moving into the lightweight div. and this fight can answer that. He fought a can on his last fight and it was fed to him as a tuneup fight but this coming bout with Khan you can't really count him out because he will definitely be Khan's biggest test, he is still a good boxer with a lot of skills alongside with his extensive experience not to mention he is a good puncher with good power to test Khan's chin once more and that will be the danger he presents to Khan, we all know that Khan got kayoed not too long ago.

This fight is a validation for both, for Khan is he really the prospect we thought he was? Can Barrera still fight? How well can he handle this new weight class? Either way it will be a good fight.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby batangastig » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:30 pm

im very confident with khan's ability to take this fight. manny is impressed with khan's speed, and if a guy like manny is impressed with your speed then you must be amazing. ive seen khan spar and he looks amazing, roach has been asked what he thinks about khan's chin, and he said that the ko in khan's last fight was a fluke and there is nothing wrong with his chin.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:38 pm

batangastig wrote:im very confident with khan's ability to take this fight. manny is impressed with khan's speed, and if a guy like manny is impressed with your speed then you must be amazing. ive seen khan spar and he looks amazing, roach has been asked what he thinks about khan's chin, and he said that the ko in khan's last fight was a fluke and there is nothing wrong with his chin.

Yeah Roach said that the problem with Khan is he over commits when trying to finish his opponents early, that's the problem they are trying to solve because he tends to rush his opponents, with Freddie, Khan is in good hands.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:48 pm

anyone wanna watch this live? pm me I'll give you a link.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.