Close
Login
Register

Margarito/Mosley SPOILER*

Discuss all other combat sports here.

Margarito/Mosley SPOILER*

Postby supermanpunch » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:19 am

Anyone saw the fight? this was my original prediction:

supermanpunch wrote:If Margarito doesn't knock Mosley out he's gonna be defeated in points, I do believe Mosley can box his ears off, Mosley won't fade in the later rounds like what happened to Cotto.

BUT! I never thought Mosley would dominate him and be the first to stop Margarito, damn Mosley still has it in him, happy for the dude I hope he gets back to glory and retire with some big wins before he does.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Re: Margarito/Mosley SPOILER*

Postby supermanpunch » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:22 pm

I was really surprised on how the fight went, Mosley came in with a good game plan and executed it perfectly like he said, I always thought Margarito is easy to box since he's just always in front of you and his defense is really poor, I think that the punishment he took from the Cotto fight took effect on this one and Mosley's speed was impressive too, he always been fast but considering he's 36 he doesn't show signs of slowing down at all for now.

About the tape issue, for now we can't really tell how long he has been doing that and if he did that too on the Cotto fight. One thing I noticed on that fight though, Cotto was looking fine and his defense is really good and he is blocking almost every shot and constantly catching Margarito when he comes in and all of sudden I think it's round 6 where there's about 3 punches that landed from Margarito and bam! Cotto is suddenly hurt and on round 9 again Cotto's face was bruised but it was ok and just from a few punches again he started looking like sh!t same with the Williams fight, Williams boxed him pretty good and he won but he was the one who looked like the loser on that fight. It's just a speculation for now and Cotto always had that suspect chin but it's gonna be hard to find the truth about this but I'm really feeling something shady going on...

Another thought, I hope they check Mosley thoroughly because he tested positive for roiding before and this superb performance can bring a lot of doubt, damn both are shady guys I guess.... :lol: but I trust Mosley on this one.

Oscar sux btw, he's been really duping a lot of people lately with his fights, getting paid all that sums of money and he can't even put on a show, he can stick to boxing, MMA is doing just fine or he can just retire.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby supermanpunch » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:08 pm

QueenKong wrote:I don't really know what the point is in getting GoldenBoy promotions involved with Affliction anyway.Are they still considering mma/boxing cards or something?And paying Oscar 5 mill to put his promotions name on it seems a waste of money to me,but I don't know what they're trying to do with this.

Because if they get GBP involved with Affliction they are gonna have a good chance on this business. and GBP can benefit at the same time because MMA is very big right now and it's not going to stop anytime soon. I hope Mosley get's a rematch with Cotto btw :mrgreen:
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby mikepiv » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:54 pm

simple hindsight explanation:

margarito wasn't allowed to cheat

and

mosley was always the better, faster, smarter, more experienced fighter

i hope cotto gets a rematch and destroys margarito

by the way, this makes me laugh:

"Capetillo (Margarito's trainer) said that the use of the hardened pieces was “an innocent mistake.” Though he was anything but clear on how this might have been, the gist of his explanation seemed to be that he grabbed the wrong gauze from his trainer’s bag and then “mistakenly” inserted two plastered pieces that were wet and hardening into a cast-like shell into the pads on each of Margarito’s hands."
- sportingnews.com
mikepiv
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.