Discuss all other combat sports here.

Hatton vs. Pacquiao is officially ON!

Postby supermanpunch » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:11 am

http://philboxing.com/news/story-21927.html

BREAKING NEWS: PACQUIAO ACCEPTS EXISTING OFFER TO FIGHT HATTON

By Dong Secuya
PhilBoxing.com
Fri, 23 Jan 2009

Bacolod City -- After a long night and as the sun glimmers in the Philippines' eastern sky Friday, Pacquiao has finally gave the nod to his team to accept the existing offer from the Hatton camp to maybe finally seal the May 2 Pacquiao-Hatton superfight at MGM Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Pacquiao and his team are currently in Manila.

Pacquiao friend and confidant Rex 'Wakee' Salud informed PhilBoxing about the good news. The final financial deal is a 12 million dollar guarantee for Pacquiao and 52-48 PPV share in Pacquiao's favor.

The negotiation has been derailed after Pacquiao demanded a 60-40 PPV sharing in his favor from a 50-50 sharing being stipulated in the original contract. The Hatton camp countered with a 52-48 sharing in Pacquiao's favor and gave Pacquiao a Wednesday deadline to sign the contract. The fight has been called off as of yesterday when Pacquiao refused to budge as both parties issued statements blaming each other for the failed negotiation.

Over 3 bottles of beer
Pacquiao, whose playful antics would create joy and difficulty in his inner circle and this time reverberated into the boxing world by playing hard to get in the negotiation table, told Salud, who does not drink, that he would accept the contract only if Salud will down three bottles of beer. Salud, who had been trying to convince Pacquiao for days to sign the contract, was forced to drink this time around in order for the deal to be consummated.

Salud also informed that Arum was elated to hear the news that Pacquiao finally accepts the deal and that Arum may even come to the Philippines to do the press conference.

The Pacquiao-Hatton superfight on May 2 in Las Vegas is the year's most anticipated fight and is expected to sell out gate and short circuit tickets and break PPV records.

===============================================================================================

Pacquiao just wanted some respect that's why he asked for the bigger cut but him accepting the deal really proves that he's still ready to go, I think he got pissed on all the badmouthing the Hattons and GBP people are saying about him calling him a spoiled brat and all, well he's the no.1 p4p and Floyd was worse, you know personally what I think of it is yeah Hatton is a big draw in his country and he probably brings a lot more money on this fight but that only happened because he's fighting the no.1 guy right now so it can translate to his people wanting to see Pacquiao. The last time he fought it was a flop, nobody even remembered it, Paullie who? I don't really understand what makes Hatton and his people think that he always has the right to challenge P4P fighters when clearly he doesn't deserve it and he got his a$$ kicked on HBO last time, might I add that his resume and accomplishments doesn't even compare to Pacquiao, he got lucky this time Pacquiao decided to stay at Jr. Welter and since he's the no.1 guy there boxing experts thought that it would make sense, these arrogant Brits thought that Hatton has other options than Manny well quite frankly there isn't much but Pacquiao has everybody from featherweight to Welterweight salivating for a shot at him.

This fight can really help boxing and I can't wait for it, Hatton bruises and bleeds easily I can't wait to see what Pacquiao is going to do to him and btw here is part of what Pacquiao said "I proved I can fight at any weight level and I won two different titles in two different divisions, also, last year. Now, I say to Ricky Hatton, king of the 140 pound division, 'Let's get it on,' without the middlemen. You called me out, now I say we fight." Pacquiao only usually say in a robot like manner that he's going to do his best on his fight and want to make his people and the boxing fans happy but when he says something like this you can count that someone is gonna regret some things, good thing it's a huge payday for Hatton, he can buy all the Guinness he wants after Manny gets through with him .

on a side note:
See there's nothing that a little drink between buddies can't fix. :lol:
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Re: Hatton vs. Pacquiao is officially ON!

Postby gigica1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:09 am

hell yeah ! Damn these little dudes keep me interested in boxing ! Where are the heavyweight huge fights????
gigica1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Jinzo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:54 pm

I cannot wait for this fight. I'm pumped. :lol: downing 3 bottles of beer for a guy that can't drink.
Jinzo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby batangastig » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:25 pm

im glad that freddie roach was able to talk some sense into pacman. manny easily gives in to his advisors, what he really needs to do is listen to arum and roach.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.