Close
Login
Register

who is your favorite boxing trainer today?

Discuss all other combat sports here.

who is your favorite boxing trainer today?

Postby batangastig » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Last year there were two trainers that were in the boxing spotlight: Roach and mayweather sr.. roach with pacquiao and mayweather sr. with hatton. out of the two i obviously pick freddie. the way hes evolved pacquiao's style is amazing. freddie is great at looking at a problem and figuring out how to fix it. when boxers hit a point in their training and are unable to move to the next level, they go to freddie roach. amir khan was an amazing amateur boxer, his pro career wasnt bad until he lost to a first round ko in his last fight. khan was looked at as the next best thing, and his lose basically took away all of his confidence. khan is now with freddie to regain that confidence he once had at the beginning of his career. freddie is well known for being the trainer of the current p4p best boxer today, manny pacquiao, but freddie has trained numerous big name fighters that includes james toney, hopkins, oscar, and tyson. for pacquiao's performance last year with oscar i pick him for the best trainer in 2008, and if his training of AA is sucessful against a guy like fedor, we would be seeing roach's face not only in the boxing ring but also in an mma ring or even the octagon.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: who is your favorite boxing trainer today?

Postby supermanpunch » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:16 pm

Floyd has only his big mouth and a few good guys to back him up (oh and Mayweather obviously), I believe Freddie has trained more world champions and contenders than Mayweather.
supermanpunch
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.