Login
Register

marquez vs. diaz a treat for those hardcore boxing fans

Discuss all other combat sports here.

marquez vs. diaz a treat for those hardcore boxing fans

Postby batangastig » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:56 pm

Marquez-Diaz Update!
fightnews.com
As previously reported by Fightnews.comm, lightweight superstars Juan Manuel Marquez (49-4-1, 36 KOs) and Juan "The Baby Bull" Diaz (34-1, 17 KOs) will meet on February 28th in Houston. The bout was finalized Monday. No venue was named, but the event is expected to land at the Toyota Center. "This fight between Marquez and Diaz will shake the lightweight division to its core and truly determine the best 135-pounder in the world," said promoter Oscar de la Hoya. "As a fan, I can't wait to see this fight." HBO will televise.
Posted Tuesday, December 23 2008
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
okay i dont know about anyone else, but this is one of the great fights i really want to see in 09. i mean these two fighters have been two of the most underated fighters today in my opinion. marquez used to be considered that guy behind barerra and morales, but after his exciting fights with pacman and his destruction of the dangerous casamayor, hes proven himself to be up there in the p4p list. diaz was considered to be a great prospect until his split decision loss to nate campbell, but redeemed himself with his win against katsidis. the diaz-katsidis fight was a fight of redemption, diaz lost to campbell and katsidis lost to casamayor, and diaz was able to come out the victor with a split decision win. both fighters have pure boxing skills, these two could possibly give the fans a marquez-vasquez type of performance. im going to pick marquez on this one because diaz lacks that ko power. to be knocked down by pacman 4 times in your career and get back up shows how tough of a fighter marquez is. if marquez can handle the power of pacman, diaz wont be able to hurt marquez. for diaz to win this fight, he needs to throw in bunches and go to the body. he needs to be a pressure fighter and confuse the very technical fighter. marquez had that tendancy to slug with pacman in both of their fight, and if juan can sucessfuly slug with marquez he might be able to win in points, but very unlikely.
I'm gonna have to be killed before I lose, and I ain't going to die easy - Muhammad Ali
ImageImage
batangastig
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.