Close
Login
Register

Are any linkers gamers?

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: Are any linkers gamers?

Postby Ghost of PBells » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 am

^ Just watching YouTube videos of random cutscenes was enough to sell me on the whole series. :lol:

There’s a demo for Yakuza Kiwami 2, give it a shot!
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. This idea is an expression of tribal identity politics and existential dread, not reason. A rational statement cannot—can never—have the slightest effect on an irrational belief.”
Ghost of PBells
Purveyor of Pomp and Positivity

Accolades: Linker Legend
Former Admin and life blood of linker
All time post leader
Loved by all

Postby DanyeWest » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:27 pm

I have a serious relationship with Yakuza. Bells isn't wrong. But I would personally say I can't imagine having not started at the beginning of the series. They're so dumb and charming and absurd and fantastic and broken.
DanyeWest
Chat Star
Chat Star

Accolades: Ultimate Survivor
Survivor
Fun in chat

Postby DanyeWest » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:59 pm

If anyone is a Playstation player Yakuza 0 and Kiwami(thats Yaluza 1 and 2) are on sale for 5$ a piece on PSN store right now. The entire series can be bought at the right time for sub 100$ and I think that's maybe the best value for dollar per gamee hour in all of video game history.
Last edited by DanyeWest on Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DanyeWest
Chat Star
Chat Star

Survivor
Fun in chat

Postby Ghost of PBells » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:37 pm

DanyeWest wrote:If anyone is a Playstation player Yakuza and Kiwami(thats Yaluza 1 and 2) are on sale for 5$ a piece on PSN store right now. The entire series can be bought at the right time for sub 100$ and I think that's maybe the best value for dollar per gamee hour in all of video game history.

I got them all from previous sales. :tup: Only one I'm missing is Like a Dragon but waiting for a bit more of a discount.
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. This idea is an expression of tribal identity politics and existential dread, not reason. A rational statement cannot—can never—have the slightest effect on an irrational belief.”
Ghost of PBells

Accolades: Linker Legend
Former Admin and life blood of linker
All time post leader
Loved by all

Postby DanyeWest » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Ghost of PBells wrote:
DanyeWest wrote:If anyone is a Playstation player Yakuza and Kiwami(thats Yaluza 1 and 2) are on sale for 5$ a piece on PSN store right now. The entire series can be bought at the right time for sub 100$ and I think that's maybe the best value for dollar per gamee hour in all of video game history.

I got them all from previous sales. :tup: Only one I'm missing is Like a Dragon but waiting for a bit more of a discount.

im slowly going through 6. I'm having some mixed feelings knowing that, for now, this is the last title with
Spoiler:
Kiryu
in it. I don't know if i'm ready for that arc to end, but its gonna, so i might as well get after it.
DanyeWest
Chat Star
Chat Star

Survivor
Fun in chat

Postby tsarlaider » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:28 am

I have spent my fair share of play time on WOW. Mainly during my university years, i used to raid 2-3 times a week.

I was also a big fan of RPG games and have finished all Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights series up to 2003-2004 multiple times.

Moose all day

Mark Hunt "I deal with a wrestler like I deal with every other fighter. I punch them in the mouth."
tsarlaider
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Jan 2017, June 2017, Jan 2018, Feb 2018, Mar 2018, Apr 2019, May 2019, Nov 2019, July 2021, August 2021, March 2022
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2016, Aug 2018. May 2021
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan 2016
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2019
Survivor (x3)

Postby slevin » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:30 am

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:I stopped playing for years years ago but in the past year of social distancing I've got back into it.

Mostly play shooters but down for anything. Looking for a recommendation for something new.

I play on xbox if any linkers play online.

Halo Infinite, Apex Legends, Black Ops Cold War, Splitgate I would suggest BF 2042, but I heard they shit the bed pretty badly.

Are you on a series S or S, or an Xbox one?
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov 2018, Jan/Feb 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby blackmetalcarson » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:18 am

Disco Elysium, a variety of boomer shooters, and pretty well every game that drew some inspiration from System Shock and Thief, including those games themselves.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby DanyeWest » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:31 pm

blackmetalcarson wrote:Disco Elysium, a variety of boomer shooters, and pretty well every game that drew some inspiration from System Shock and Thief, including those games themselves.

Been on Disco Elysium as well. Holy hell the writing in that game is something else.
DanyeWest
Chat Star
Chat Star

Survivor
Fun in chat

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion