Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:39 pm

BJ Penn's campaign manager
https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/upl ... fights.jpg
Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 pm

DeceptaCon
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Survivor x2

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:51 pm

DeceptaCon
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Survivor x2

Postby willis » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:28 am

Just another day in clown world.

Meanwhile in Canada, Trudeau spent $650 millions dollars on an election that changed nothing. Good for you Trudeau! The same PM can't produce a budget and wants to strip Canadians of their internet privacy rights. And the liberal schmucks keep voting for him.
willis
Star-Hater

Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
Fun in chat

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:46 am

:burger:
willis wrote:Just another day in clown world.

Meanwhile in Canada, Trudeau spent $650 millions dollars on an election that changed nothing. Good for you Trudeau! The same PM can't produce a budget and wants to strip Canadians of their internet privacy rights. And the liberal schmucks keep voting for him.

At this point if you are still on the fence or pro govt lockdown because you think its about your health, you are either dumb as a literal sack of shit or an evil complicit hivemind coward POS! Silence equals compliance now! You would have been one of the people to help load the slave ships or trains in WW2, "just doing my job!" Because you were scared you couldn't go to the movies or to a Jon Bon Jovi concert :lol: I don't want to hear another word about rights and abuses from any other race, gender or religious sect because what the govts are doing now supercedes all of that shit. If anything we should all be more united now that we all have a common enemy/clear oppressor but instead we waste our time arguing over trans men that beat up women :lol: :lol: I love it!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
DeceptaCon
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Survivor x2

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:06 am

You really just have to wonder how many more pictures of Trudeau in blackface will leak here before its all said and done :lol: :lol:

What a schmuck.

The US and Canada both need a good person in charge here the next time around. Wtf do I know though? I am just a kitty whose furry paws get in the way of spelling from time to time.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back*
Mr Meow
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020, Sept 2021 SHOW OFF
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x4)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts May 2020, October 2021
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Chat Legend

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:11 am

Mr Meow wrote:You really just have to wonder how many more pictures of Trudeau in blackface will leak here before its all said and done :lol: :lol:

What a schmuck.

The US and Canada both need a good person in charge here the next time around. Wtf do I know though? I am just a kitty whose furry paws get in the way of spelling from time to time.

The actual law abiding tax paying citizens need to just stand up and take charge. You are never going to find "a good person" in charge at that level :lol: :lol: except maybe for Manny Pacquiao, Fedor and Tim Tebow. But I'm starting to have my doubts about Tim Tebow.
DeceptaCon
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Survivor x2

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:58 am

DeceptaCon wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:You really just have to wonder how many more pictures of Trudeau in blackface will leak here before its all said and done :lol: :lol:

What a schmuck.

The actual law abiding tax paying citizens need to just stand up and take charge. You are never going to find "a good person" in charge at that level :lol: :lol: except maybe for Manny Pacquiao, Fedor and Tim Tebow. But I'm starting to have my doubts about Tim Tebow.

PhillyHoffDAGOAT was the president we needed.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back*
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020, Sept 2021 SHOW OFF
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x4)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts May 2020, October 2021
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion x2
Chat Legend

Postby bwawm » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:25 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:

Is this the part where we get upset about property damage?
Last edited by bwawm on Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bwawm
The Splinter in Bendo's Toothpick

Postby bwawm » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:53 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Israel is 80% vaxxed, cases are very high and they’re on their 3rd dose.

Let that sink in. Who could’ve seen that this “booster shot” would need to be taken every 3-6 months? Or that a vaccine completed in hilariously record time with no long term studies would turn out to be a fairly shitty vaccine?

The TOP 2 FDA OFFICIALS RESIGNED.

:P

Isn't this a flawed understanding of the vaccine? It doesn't CUT cases at all...probably adds to cases because countries let people go around unmasked and resume normal activities when vaccinated. It doesn't stop you from getting it and spreading it-just reduces mortality rate.

So measuring the vaccines success by case rate doesn't really make sense does it?

If you look at rate of death by state (US) in the last 10 days the entire top 10 is states with a vaccination rate below 51% (TX and AZ are the only ones above 45%). Not a pro mandate guy or anything but this almost seems deliberately misleading, no? Seem's to me pretty well proven that the vaccine cuts mortality rate-do you have any data that proves otherwise?
bwawm

Postby bwawm » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:04 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Image

:P

How do you tell people you totally aren't rich and also attend the MET Gala at the same time.....?

:lol: fuuuuuckin hypocrites these days-brazen as shit
bwawm

Postby bwawm » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:35 pm

Mr Meow wrote:That is a fair point. I do see where you are coming from. There are all sorts of modern day election process points of contention. The ID one I find to be funny as it comes and goes every few decades. It will fall out of favor and then be brought up again here in a few decades like its a new topic.

You do have some good points as well about the voting restrictions. I would say that the Alabama law does directly effect those who are disabled. In my personal experience though every area used for voting bends over backwards to help the elderly and disabled, as they should quite frankly. I have no issues with waiting a bit longer in line to ensure that an elderly or disabled person has the right to vote. Granted I do not know how the set up is in Alabama it is a state I have never been to. This certainly might not be the case there.

Van down by the River :lol: Dammit Farley was hilarious. A PO Box should be really well vetted when allowable. I think the situation you brought up makes a lot of sense if someone has been receiving mail at a po box and lives in a scenario similar to the ol van down by the river then yes. T[b]hat system is so easy to corrupt though people use it all the time to redistrict athletes and get away with it I would be scared to see how scummy politicians on both sides would exploit it[/b].

The argument for black people not being able to acquire ids like other races therefore requiring it is racist is puzzling to me too. The people who support that argument are directly implying a genetic component. The other argument would be the environment one and that makes no sense either.

Overall though I do not think voter fraud is a massive issue. It is always something that we should clean up and investigate more. The work is never fully done. Really though for the most part its a tool politicians use to discredit the success of others.

I honestly never thought of this....my initial reaction is that most states are gerrymandered to death so I'm like 'fuck em-fight the system!' but when it comes to local elections I think it should definitely be up to the folks that live there to determine how their laws shake out so that is definitely a fair point.

I just think, as a general point, any restrictions on voting rights/accessability needs to be VERY well founded on empirical data because the ruling class has us by the balls. Like I said above, we're SUPER gerrymandered, our voting turnout is pathetic, Obama removed campaign contributions which effectively sold our government to special interest groups and the wealthy, we're insanely polarized/divided and the system is absolutely 100% without a shadow of a doubt winning, so we don't need to support or endorse initiatives that further their agenda imo.

Why do you say voter fraud is a massive issue? Have you seen troubling studies? This study from Harvard (https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/morse/files/1p1v.pdf) evauluated 104 million out of 129 million votes cast in the 2012 presidential election and found that only 33,346 votes were fraudulently cast. Unless they're voting from different states and concentrating efforts EXTREMELY well I can't imagine how this would impact elections...it's outdated data but it was the first reputable study I saw.
I looked into this after the fraud claims from the last election and it genuinely doesn't seem like a problem so I'm curious why you seem to think so-very open to being wrong and I take your opinion seriously so I would def like to know what it's based on.
bwawm

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:06 pm

Spoiler:
DeceptaCon
Linker for Life
Linker for Life

Survivor x2

Postby willis » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:00 pm

Trust the "studies" and "science".

So you get your vaccines, now you won't die as much. But those of us unvaccinated that have to do 2 tests a week, we are the "dangerous ones" because we aren't safe, right? But wait, a vaccinated person gets to walk around wherever they want, possibly carrying the virus, possibly SPREADING the virus, but people (like my employer) are shitting their pants about unvaxed employees and coercing us to get vaccinated by threatening our jobs which directly defies the Canadian charter of Rights and the Nuremberg code. And they are getting away with it. Hiding it under the guise of a "mandate" when the only mandate is that they create a policy. It's completely bonkers that people are just sheeting along with this. I mean, I am testing myself twice a week, I'm safer than a vaccinated person!
willis
Star-Hater

Fun in chat

Postby willis » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm

This is what's next for the unvaccinated...

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/com ... urce=share
willis
Star-Hater

Fun in chat

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion