Close
Login
Register

The Official Political Thread.

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:34 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
bwawm wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:
willis wrote:Oh the irony. How many politicians said a COVID passport would never come and boom, lied through their teeth but their supporters just shrug and say "it's for our benefit". You know, cuz lying doesn't matter when it's 'in your best interest' :lol:


62% of black people in America = unvaccinated.

According to the President, and since he got 0 pushback from fellow democrats I assume they agree, Black people are too stupid and incapable of getting a free state ID.

Asking them to do so = the new Jim Crow.

So if that is "the new Jim Crow" (Biden called it Jim Eagle lol) then what is this continued push for stripping abilities/rights of those who are not vaccinated away?

Clown world indeed.


How come conservative arguments only mention the voter ID aspect of these voter laws?

How come you don't mention making it a felony to mail ballots to people who haven't gone out of their way to request it (Arizona)? Banning curbside voting (Alabama) for disabled people? Banning people from mail in voting if they have a PO box (TX)? Restricting locations (multiple) etc. ?

I get that it's a more convenient argument but how does that not feel dishonest/misleading?


?

I was not putting forward a conservative argument nor am I a conservative. So I am confused at the first point of your contention. I disagree with the implied subtext also that you brought forward that only conservatives believe that black people are equally capable as other races in acquiring a state ID. Sure that is what Biden said and got 0 pushback from liberals on but I figured that was a function of tribalism and not an actual commonly held belief system among liberals.

Yeah people need to request a mail in ballot. Just giving every registered voter a mail in ballot creates needless situations rife with potential corruption. The Alabama law has 0 language in it about targeting the disabled specifically, all curbside voting is banned, they are not allowing able bodied people to participate in curbside voting but barring the disabled. Which is what you said when you said "banning curbside voting for disabled people" Requiring a physical address and not a PO Box is hardly unfair. People exploit the shit out of this for districting for high school sports much less for voting. Registering to vote and bringing an ID is very easy and we have loads of systems to assist those who genuinely can not do so (too old, disabled, etc, not just that they are black lol)

Nothing mentioned above targets black people specifically over any other race either.

Your answer did not address the obvious hypocrisy that I highlighted in my original statement either. Its racist to require black people to get an ID to vote because they are too dumb but they should be expected to get a vaccination, that is not too complicated for them to figure out.

Imagine believing that there is a genetic impediment associated with black people and black people only that stifles their ability to get a ID, therefore requiring an ID is not only racist but racist against black people only and specifically. Weird.


I wasn't trying to say you were conservative-my b homie, def see you as a moderate...just see that 'black people can't get ID's' as a conservative response to libs saying that voter ID laws target black people/minorities. Hard to talk about it while ignoring party lines or progressive/conservative binaries, because they seem so intertwined with the talking points narratives.

I brought up those other points (that don't target black people) to highlight that the voter restriction laws aren't JUST about black people having/not having photo ID's. Seem's to me that folks boil all of these restrictions down to photo ID's ONLY, which seems ingenuine to me....it's like libs talking about how everyone needs to get vaccinated, even though vaccination doesn't cut transmission rates-feels like misdirection to me (but I've been wrong plenty times before)

Bruh, why you so defensive on these voter laws? Seem's like some bias that I rarely see from you...'disabled people aren't targeted specifically?' :lol: who do you think has an easier time walking into a polling station? Someone who can use their legs or nah? You don't have to write IN THE LAW "we're restricting access for disabled people" for it to impact disabled people right...?
Mail ins...if I have received my ballot as mail in for the last 5 years-why should I have to request one? Requiring a PO box is hardly unfair? What if you live in a van down by the river???
Image

Your answer did not address the obvious hypocrisy that I highlighted in my original statement either. Its racist to require black people to get an ID to vote because they are too dumb but they should be expected to get a vaccination, that is not too complicated for them to figure out.


Yup, I wasn't trying to prove/disprove your statement I was just remarking at how commonly these laws, that are commonly bunched together with other criteria aside from photo ID's, are often boiled down to JUST being about having ID's and I think that's a bit misleading.

Literally anyone look into that princeton study I posted a few pages back?? PEOPLE (regardless of race) not being able to vote only helps the oligarchs and plutocracy...it isn't about black people or white people it's about restricting the number of folks that get to participate in voting by any margin. They got us so gerrymandered in most states that voter apathy has our turnout at 50%-60%....we don't need more reason to sit out elections, do we?

side note: You really think anyone is out here thinking there is a genetic component impeding black people from getting ID's? I haven't ever heard anyone say anything like that...but to be fair, I refuse to watch televised 'news' so that may have something to do with it...either way I find that shocking as fack, ricky.
bwawm
The Splinter in Bendo's Toothpick
 
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:35 pm

willis wrote:Oh the irony. How many politicians said a COVID passport would never come and boom, lied through their teeth but their supporters just shrug and say "it's for our benefit". You know, cuz lying doesn't matter when it's 'in your best interest' :lol:


crazy how easy it is for us to justify hypocrisy when it benefits 'our' side :shock: right and left man....and we keep eating it up
bwawm
The Splinter in Bendo's Toothpick
 
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bwawm » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:16 pm

willis wrote:
bwawm wrote:
willis wrote:Hey bwawn, give it up bro. You obviously didn't get my first joke about trannies and tomboys. That was a light hearted dig at how Tomboys and Trannies (which were widely accepted) were replaced by transgenders and pronouns (much less palatable). Yeah, the internet can misconstrue things eh?

You do you, bud. You obviously hold yourself in high esteem so no need to prove yourself here with a dumbass like myself. Quote your studies and read your papers. I'll be down here in the streets, seeing the poor outcomes and making my judgements based on real life experience.


If I misread your shit that's my bad homie...still don't see how these groups demanding respectful terminology is less palatable but apparently its what it is.

Interesting you assume I don't know 'the streets' tho-citing actual studies and research is how you develop well informed opinions amigo....I think everyone should look into shit and challenge their own bias', streets got nothing to do with it. I'm not worried about my credentials, my shit it solid bro :biggrin:


You are still misrepresenting me. I am obviously challenging my bias as I am discussing my opinion with people who don't agree with me. Don't apologize. I will take the blame for going off the handle. I get fired up and obviously cause too much ruckus to get my point across. I don't have a problem calling someone a they or them. I don't have a problem calling a girl a different name like Chris, because she prefers that. I do have a problem when a girl tells me that I can't call her a female because she says she identifies as non-binary. It's not to insult that person, it's because there are two human genders aside from rare mutations. I don't condone, what seems to me, people perpetually playing make believe. As an adult, you should know what gender you are and should not expect people to consider you otherwise. Do it with your closest friends and family, but to ask strangers like the general public to assimilate something they quite possibly don't understand is detrimental to social encounters. Again, it comes down to double standards and it happened with gay people in the past. In fact it is still happening. Society dedicates a whole month to "gay pride" and yet only dedicate one day to the men and women who fought and gave their lives so that, we, in the present, can celebrate "gay pride" for a month. Our problems are so miniscule when compared to what others went through in the past. It bothers me to think in this day and age, the things people bitch about and how they have no idea how lucky they are to have the opportunity to do so.


I don't apologize outta pity or think your upset or anything-I just don't like to tell someone how they are and I feel bad if/when I do that (apparently just did it to Meow so your boy is on a roll). Can't go about doing shit I don't believe in cuz I'm up on a high horse or something...gotta stave off that hypocrisy as long as I can bro!

Honestly, service members get hooked up getting on planes, tuition assistance at a shit ton of colleges and a bunch of other benefits-I'd take that over a special month that no one seems to give a shit about in the first place but that's just personal preference. I will be the first to say we aren't doing enough for our vets (suicide and homeless rate is fucking ridiculous) but to act like they don't get as much gov't support as gay people seems to be a bit of hyperbole to me.

If you're bringing science into it I gotta say....brain chemistry indicates similarities closer to the DESIRED sex as opposed to the sex they were born as so it isn't necessarily 'make believe' as far as science is concerned. Having said that-if it's easier for me to just go with how people present themselves instead of trying to decipher if they're male, female or whatever....I'm just gonna do that.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 112351.htm

Genuinely not trying to misrepresent you bru so keep calling me out if I'm full o shit!
bwawm
The Splinter in Bendo's Toothpick
 
Posts: 4871
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 am

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:20 pm

bwawm wrote:
willis wrote:Oh the irony. How many politicians said a COVID passport would never come and boom, lied through their teeth but their supporters just shrug and say "it's for our benefit". You know, cuz lying doesn't matter when it's 'in your best interest' :lol:


crazy how easy it is for us to justify hypocrisy when it benefits 'our' side :shock: right and left man....and we keep eating it up


Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
 
Posts: 20958
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:36 pm

Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
 
Posts: 20958
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:25 am

Gentlemen, I think the word we’re all looking for is; classism.


:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
Da Instigator
 
Posts: 20226
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov. 2020, Feb. 2021
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug. 2016, May/Sep. 2017, Apr. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor (x2)

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:26 am

Image



:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

Image
User avatar
bruins2012
Da Instigator
 
Posts: 20226
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:08 pm
Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov. 2020, Feb. 2021
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug. 2016, May/Sep. 2017, Apr. 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor (x2)

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willis » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:19 am

bwawm wrote:
willis wrote:Oh the irony. How many politicians said a COVID passport would never come and boom, lied through their teeth but their supporters just shrug and say "it's for our benefit". You know, cuz lying doesn't matter when it's 'in your best interest' :lol:


crazy how easy it is for us to justify hypocrisy when it benefits 'our' side :shock: right and left man....and we keep eating it up


Really not sure if you're just trolling or playing Devil's advocate for fun. I was solely pointing out the irony of it all and avoiding the hypocrisy, for good reason and yes I understand they go hand in hand for instances such as this.

Re: your brain chemistry note. I thought I was specific in saying that I was referring to biological genders. Obviously there is some descrepancy when it comes to brain functions and that is a far more torturous debate.
Image
User avatar
willis
Star-Hater
 
Posts: 2909
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Oh Canada
Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
Fun in chat

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 am

That is a fair point. I do see where you are coming from. There are all sorts of modern day election process points of contention. The ID one I find to be funny as it comes and goes every few decades. It will fall out of favor and then be brought up again here in a few decades like its a new topic.

You do have some good points as well about the voting restrictions. I would say that the Alabama law does directly effect those who are disabled. In my personal experience though every area used for voting bends over backwards to help the elderly and disabled, as they should quite frankly. I have no issues with waiting a bit longer in line to ensure that an elderly or disabled person has the right to vote. Granted I do not know how the set up is in Alabama it is a state I have never been to. This certainly might not be the case there.

Van down by the River :lol: Dammit Farley was hilarious. A PO Box should be really well vetted when allowable. I think the situation you brought up makes a lot of sense if someone has been receiving mail at a po box and lives in a scenario similar to the ol van down by the river then yes. That system is so easy to corrupt though people use it all the time to redistrict athletes and get away with it I would be scared to see how scummy politicians on both sides would exploit it.

The argument for black people not being able to acquire ids like other races therefore requiring it is racist is puzzling to me too. The people who support that argument are directly implying a genetic component. The other argument would be the environment one and that makes no sense either.

Overall though I do not think voter fraud is a massive issue. It is always something that we should clean up and investigate more. The work is never fully done. Really though for the most part its a tool politicians use to discredit the success of others.

bruins2012 wrote:Image



:P


The longer we see her in action, the more sense it makes that she was incapable of naming but 1 of the 3 branches of government correctly :lol:

I don't understand how she thought this was a good idea and not an obvious target of criticism of hypocrisy.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 6 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
User avatar
Mr Meow
Linker Party Animal
Linker Party Animal
 
Posts: 12277
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:47 am
Location: Lin Kuei training camp
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016, June 2020, Aug 2020
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x4)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt
Awarded the Amanda Nunes belt for holding 2 belts
Pick-Em Champion: Jan 2020, Dec 2020, April 2021, June 2021
Lightweight Sig-Betting Champion
Chat Legend

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
 
Posts: 20958
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Lets bring it home!

Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
 
Posts: 20958
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
 
Posts: 20958
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby willis » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:43 am

Is this where we are headed? We are slowly making everything automated and striving for a so called "Utopia". Do we need to examine the rats closer to avoid disaster??

Image
User avatar
willis
Star-Hater
 
Posts: 2909
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:25 pm
Location: Oh Canada
Accolades: Fantasy C-League Champion: May 2016
Middleweight Sig-Betting Champion
Fun in chat

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:47 pm


Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
 
Posts: 20958
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

Re: The Official Political Thread.

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:13 pm

Image
Are you ready for the last great deception?
User avatar
DeceptaCon
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
The Amanda Nunes of MMALinker
 
Posts: 20958
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:33 pm
Location: Part of your brain!
Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor x2
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion x2
The Amanda Nunes of Linker
Original Gif Mafia Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users