Close
Login
Register

ALOT OF HATE LATELY ON BJ PENN

Share pictures, videos, sounds, games, GIFs etc..

ALOT OF HATE LATELY ON BJ PENN

Postby Dan Tom » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:28 am

BINS And any other Haters out there: First of all your all idiots straight up. Secondly I'm not the biggest Penn fan so I can speak from a fair point of view with strongly backed facts and opinions.

BJ Penn is not overated at all.
BJ Penn being the best p4p fighter title is sheer opinion so it shouldn't be taken seriously, but then again you don't get that title for nothing.

BJ Admits his mistakes on Cardio and not taking fights seriously which most fighters don't. Yes he's turning 30 but so Was Randy Couture when he started and look at him.

Sure BJ's records isn't impressive on sheer numbers just like Randy's but your right most of Randy's were title fights, but that doesn't matter. What matter's is that the opponents that both BJ and Randy faced were QUALITY FIGHTERS. Thats what makes a true fighter/legend. so your comparisons with Randy and BJ are completely off. Randy Couture by the way said even he couldn't take BJ Penn down much less hold him down, Randy himself is even in complete aw when it comes to BJ Penn so what does that tell you?

Controversial Fights in Penn's Career:

MATT HUGHES: He walked through Hughes (who was at his prime) and it was BJ's first fight at WW. Hughes VS. Penn 2, BJ took the fight short notice, dominated Hughes both rounds by making him look like an amateur wrestler because Hughes could not take him down to save his life. Hughes narrowly escapes a triangle arm lock only because BJ separated 2 ribs. Instead of being a little bitch about it and throwing in the towel or whining like Matt Hughes does he came out for the third round, and BJ did not throw one punch, and he could clearly barely stand. BJ has never done that in any of his fights to date, he obviously lost to injury, That deserves respect.

GSP VS. PENN: He admitted himself he came in lazy and unprepared, it was the worst performance I have ever seen from BJ but he gave GSP (Arguably the best athlete in MMA) the worst beating he has ever got to date (that includes his fight with Serra. GSP did his post interview from a hospital bed. He only lost because GSP technically had octagon control and scored 2 more take downs then BJ. GSP deserved to win the match BJ admits this himself. But is was a SPLIT DECISION, meaning it could of gone either way. But since the UFC scoring is still inaccurate in many people's opinion since they use the 10 point boxing scoring and give a ridiculous amount of points for take downs, even if they don't do damage or advance position (which GSP did not do in that match.) BJ Penn ultimately lost that match due to the rules though many still believe he won, and still can win. I personally love GSP he is one of my favorite fighters and he has gotten so much better since he fought BJ, but BJ made a great point of that match and so many others the are fought in the UFC, " This is the Ultimate Fighting Championships not the Ultimate Take Down Championships. "

BJ has wasted much of his career and has admittted it, but he was just a 22 year old kid coming into it. He had a title shot at 22, and lost to majority decision (not unanimous) he wasn't ready to become champ yet. But yes a loss is a loss but BJ avenged it decisively and destroyed Jens Pulver.

He is at the bottom of the totem poll when is comes to basic MMA weight divisions but he still challenges himself by moving up and beating the best of the best. He even went the distance with the undefeated Heavy weight Lyoto Machida who destroyed names such as Stephan Bonnar, Rich Franklin and David Heath. But BJ went the distance and didn't even sustain any serious damage. That is a respectful loss.

He jumped up 2 weight divisions and tossed around both Renzo and Rodrigo Gracie of all names and this was when he was out of shape and " unfocused ".

He Put on an MMA CLINIC on TAKA NORI GOMI I mean he decimated him in one the best matches I've ever seen in a cage and GOMI has been ranked number 1 on every MMA list under the 155 division for ever now.

In closing everything came easy for BJ Penn, whether it be his natural ability (with his BJJ accomplishments that are second to none) or the fact he came from money and never had to work. He has admitted his mistakes and showed in his last 2 fights he is focused and planning on sticking around for another 10 years. He will set more records and win more titles...I don't even doubt that. There is respect in loses, and BJ and earned it. Some of the greatest fighters who either love or hate BJ have realized his skill and given him the respect he deserves. Hell some of them even asked for him to be there trainer (Pulver, Gomi, etc..) but you people sit behind your computers and try to take away someones good name when you don't even have the balls to do what he has done.

BJ Penn is not overated, There is no number 1 fighter P4P, but if theres a list he is amongst the top of it. He's not even my favorite lightweight much less fighter, but give credit where credit is due. BJ Penn is a future hall of famer and the sky is the limit for this man.
Dan Tom
White Belt
White Belt

Re: ALOT OF HATE LATELY ON BJ PENN

Postby Kountkracula » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:18 am

Where's the video?

HW - Fedor, Arlovski, Kimbo
LHW - Ortiz, Wandy
MW - Henderson, Mayhem, Marquardt
WW - Newton
LW - Penn
Kountkracula
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby MightyApe » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:20 am

I agree 100%...The same goes for Fedor..IMO...
MightyApe
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Dan Tom » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:48 pm

I found it on youtube.com as I believe it was also on his site
Dan Tom
White Belt
White Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue May 25, 2021 6:36 pm

Dan Tom wrote:BINS And any other Haters out there: First of all your all idiots straight up. Secondly I'm not the biggest Penn fan so I can speak from a fair point of view with strongly backed facts and opinions.

BJ Penn is not overated at all.
BJ Penn being the best p4p fighter title is sheer opinion so it shouldn't be taken seriously, but then again you don't get that title for nothing.

BJ Admits his mistakes on Cardio and not taking fights seriously which most fighters don't. Yes he's turning 30 but so Was Randy Couture when he started and look at him.

Sure BJ's records isn't impressive on sheer numbers just like Randy's but your right most of Randy's were title fights, but that doesn't matter. What matter's is that the opponents that both BJ and Randy faced were QUALITY FIGHTERS. Thats what makes a true fighter/legend. so your comparisons with Randy and BJ are completely off. Randy Couture by the way said even he couldn't take BJ Penn down much less hold him down, Randy himself is even in complete aw when it comes to BJ Penn so what does that tell you?

Controversial Fights in Penn's Career:

MATT HUGHES: He walked through Hughes (who was at his prime) and it was BJ's first fight at WW. Hughes VS. Penn 2, BJ took the fight short notice, dominated Hughes both rounds by making him look like an amateur wrestler because Hughes could not take him down to save his life. Hughes narrowly escapes a triangle arm lock only because BJ separated 2 ribs. Instead of being a little bitch about it and throwing in the towel or whining like Matt Hughes does he came out for the third round, and BJ did not throw one punch, and he could clearly barely stand. BJ has never done that in any of his fights to date, he obviously lost to injury, That deserves respect.

GSP VS. PENN: He admitted himself he came in lazy and unprepared, it was the worst performance I have ever seen from BJ but he gave GSP (Arguably the best athlete in MMA) the worst beating he has ever got to date (that includes his fight with Serra. GSP did his post interview from a hospital bed. He only lost because GSP technically had octagon control and scored 2 more take downs then BJ. GSP deserved to win the match BJ admits this himself. But is was a SPLIT DECISION, meaning it could of gone either way. But since the UFC scoring is still inaccurate in many people's opinion since they use the 10 point boxing scoring and give a ridiculous amount of points for take downs, even if they don't do damage or advance position (which GSP did not do in that match.) BJ Penn ultimately lost that match due to the rules though many still believe he won, and still can win. I personally love GSP he is one of my favorite fighters and he has gotten so much better since he fought BJ, but BJ made a great point of that match and so many others the are fought in the UFC, " This is the Ultimate Fighting Championships not the Ultimate Take Down Championships. "

BJ has wasted much of his career and has admittted it, but he was just a 22 year old kid coming into it. He had a title shot at 22, and lost to majority decision (not unanimous) he wasn't ready to become champ yet. But yes a loss is a loss but BJ avenged it decisively and destroyed Jens Pulver.

He is at the bottom of the totem poll when is comes to basic MMA weight divisions but he still challenges himself by moving up and beating the best of the best. He even went the distance with the undefeated Heavy weight Lyoto Machida who destroyed names such as Stephan Bonnar, Rich Franklin and David Heath. But BJ went the distance and didn't even sustain any serious damage. That is a respectful loss.

He jumped up 2 weight divisions and tossed around both Renzo and Rodrigo Gracie of all names and this was when he was out of shape and " unfocused ".

He Put on an MMA CLINIC on TAKA NORI GOMI I mean he decimated him in one the best matches I've ever seen in a cage and GOMI has been ranked number 1 on every MMA list under the 155 division for ever now.

In closing everything came easy for BJ Penn, whether it be his natural ability (with his BJJ accomplishments that are second to none) or the fact he came from money and never had to work. He has admitted his mistakes and showed in his last 2 fights he is focused and planning on sticking around for another 10 years. He will set more records and win more titles...I don't even doubt that. There is respect in loses, and BJ and earned it. Some of the greatest fighters who either love or hate BJ have realized his skill and given him the respect he deserves. Hell some of them even asked for him to be there trainer (Pulver, Gomi, etc..) but you people sit behind your computers and try to take away someones good name when you don't even have the balls to do what he has done.

BJ Penn is not overated, There is no number 1 fighter P4P, but if theres a list he is amongst the top of it. He's not even my favorite lightweight much less fighter, but give credit where credit is due. BJ Penn is a future hall of famer and the sky is the limit for this man.

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
Pillar

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: Oct 2020
Lightweight Sig Betting Champion
Original Gif Mafia Member

Return to Pictures and Multimedia