Close
Login
Register

Orthodox Stance, Stronger Leg Kick

Punch, jab, and combinations. MMA standup technique. What works for you?

Orthodox Stance, Stronger Leg Kick

Postby Humanzee » Fri May 29, 2015 12:34 am

Dear Linkers,

I am curious about this.

I have done Tae Kwon Do for years, but I have been doing Muay Thai for about 6 years (I was out about two years with injuries ie. torn labrum, torn bicep tendon (not a distal, but upper tendon - which resulted in popeye arm, I did have it repaired)).

I fight in the orthodox stance, however I have always thrown a better switch kick than a rear kick (rear kick is still strong). My front teep is also stronger (rear teep is very good as well). From my Tae Kwon Do Days, I always threw a spinning side kick & a spinning wheel kick from southpaw. I really can't throw them well from the orthodox stance.

Does anyone do this as well or have similar situations?

Thx

- Marc
Humanzee
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Re: Orthodox Stance, Stronger Leg Kick

Postby Punisher11 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:03 pm

My thoughts are when you throw your switch kick, you are able to generate more torque by the fast rotation of the hips. The more comfortable you are at throwing both the better.... more weapons to worry about. Buakaw has a scary switch kick as well.
14-8
Official P4P Champ- Voted by linker.
Next Level Bet Academy

JD1-My votes went to Punisher11, I think they would take out the Diaz bros in a tag team match.
Cheeburger " tell the legend of punisher 11"
fragiskos- punisher11 legend material, if you think otherwise you are a true noob
jtuck34- no one is stupid enough stand up with that guy
the209of505-The Legend of Punisher is best recounted by Johhny Ringo: "Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."
tron8-punisher is the diaz killa!

Punisher11
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Re: Orthodox Stance, Stronger Leg Kick

Postby dodoro07 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:51 pm

VoIP virtual phone number
 A man was going to the house of some rich person. As he went along the road, he saw a box of good apples at the side of the road. He said, "I do not want to eat those apples; for the rich man will give me much food; he will give me very nice food to eat." Then he took the apples and threw them away into the dust.
  He went on and came to a river. The river had become very big; so he could not go over it. He waited for some time; then he said, "I cannot go to the rich man's house today, for I cannot get over the river."
  He began to go home. He had eaten no food that day. He began to want food. He came to the apples, and he was glad to take them out of the dust and eat them.
dodoro07
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Stand Up