Close
Login
Register

JOKER: 2019 Movie

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: JOKER: 2019 Movie

Postby detfilteg » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 pm

I want to see this but am going to wait until it is released on Blu-ray. I just can't justify paying the prices movie theaters charge for a viewing. Unless they decide to show it at my local drive in that has a fairly reasonable price.
wilfred wrote:We all have to make sacrifices, Ryan. Like the story of Jesus Christ. I'm sure the Roman soldiers wanted to hang out at the Pantheon and stare at tits all day, but they knew they had a duty to kill Jesus.
detfilteg
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:20 pm

detfilteg wrote:I want to see this but am going to wait until it is released on Blu-ray. I just can't justify paying the prices movie theaters charge for a viewing. Unless they decide to show it at my local drive in that has a fairly reasonable price.

Well said

I go to 3 maybe 4 movies at most per year. Sometimes less sometimes more.

The prices are outrageous. Its like 20 bucks for a drink and popcorn much less paying for the ticket and your dates ticket or whoever

Fuck that shit

Plus it makes the movies that are actually "worth it" in my view to see in the theaters a more special experience.

I will see Joker when it comes out. I am a bit biased against it from the get go as to be honest I do not like the idea of the Joker being a character with a backstory that needs to be explored. The mystery of who he was and where he came from I think added a lot to his character.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:44 am

American movie theaters are awful. I usually go to a movie every month or so. I pay about 10 dollars for a ticket and you can bring in any outside for or drink (as long as they don’t stink) you want. And the seats lean back and there is more than enough space to spread out. When there is a big movie I’ve been waiting to see (Joker) I go to Giod Class. Pay about $15 for a ticket and then I get my own reclining chair, blanket, and a waitress where I can order food and drinks (including beer and liquor). It’s a great movie experience.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion