Close
Login
Register

Nate not fighting Brown, he's fighting Pettis instead

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: Nate not fighting Brown, he's fighting Pettis instead

Postby stvgabriel » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:08 pm

slevin wrote:
dipset52 wrote:
stvgabriel wrote:
dipset52 wrote:But nate called for the brown fight when he was on a seven fight win streak tho... Not when he's coming off 2 losses, not that that matters really.

What's a bigger fight.... Nate vs the former champ in probably a main event.
Or nate vs Matt brown? And don't get me wrong I love both fights.

But calling him a pussy for going for Pettis over brown? Come on now

Yea, I was just giving you a hard time lol. I don't think the diaz boys would ever really duck anybody out of fear. And yea, the pettis fight is the better fight for him.

Hahah ! Im starting to feel like I'm the Diaz bros defense attorney over here lmao I would love to see the betting line on that fight, Pettis would probably be a massive favorite over nate.

Hopefully training with joe schilling gives him a sense of what a kick is

I just don think Joe schilling makes much of a difference...He has trained with him before(I think)...Nate is still going to do the same ol' same ol. So it doesnt matter if he has schilling or not. Anthony has speed and footwork and doesnt have to worry about someone taking him down. Anthony via tko round 1

I think Nate definitely has the boxing advantage but I feel like pettis' footwork and speed are gonna be too much for him. Maybe if he starts fast he might be able to overwhelm Anthony like he did cowboy, but I wouldn't count in it. Stylistically, I think this is one of the worst matchups for him.

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
stvgabriel
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2017 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby slevin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Yeah, no doubt...the only reason why cowboy got fucked by Nate is because Cowboy was so flustered he charged him and put himself exactly where nate needed him to be. Anthony is smart and wont make those careless errors. nate doesnt check kicks and Anthony could just go low, low, low and then follow up to the body or head. Once Anthony leans flush kick to either area, its over! Not many people can take a kick to the body from anthony, other than roided up RDA. :mrgreen:

but i just dont see nate being durable enough to take anthony's best shots, he is just going to be target practice for anthony. Nate lacks true one punch power as well, so its not like anthony has to worry about his mean left or right.
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby mmafan559 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Nate has a long fucking torso and that is a giant target for Pettis to kick and I don't think Nate could out dps Pettis.
Join https://discord.gg/tTqYyMc on fight nights.
MMA nerds only.
Don't be scared, homie.
I have over 3,000 likes on Sherdog.
BrdrOkm69 wrote:You can be butthurt as much as you'd like, but keep that pain deep inside your butt where it belongs.

Mr Meow wrote:i log off linker and enjoy a meal out and am thinking about my disdain for mcgregor the whole time

DeceptaCon wrote:truth needs not an explanation it just is

nate diaz wrote:touch butt
mmafan559
1st Professional Linker Victory
1st Professional Linker Victory

Postby slevin » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:55 pm

mmafan559 wrote:Nate has a long fucking torso and that is a giant target for Pettis to kick and I don't think Nate could out dps Pettis.

dps?
Sigbet: 51-35-4

Title Bets: 1-1

I actually picked this fucking guy over Nate Diaz lmao. When dipset speaks, listen.
slevin
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: 1st ever Draft Style Pick Em Champion
The Last Man Standing: Royal Rumble Champ
Former Lightweight Sig-Betting Champ
2014 MMALinker Grand Prix Winner
Survivor
Grand Prix Survivor Champion
Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2018, Nov. 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec 2017
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2017
2017 Fantasy Fix GP Champion

Postby anton14 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:11 pm

mmafan559 wrote:Nate has a long fucking torso and that is a giant target for Pettis to kick and I don't think Nate could out dps Pettis.

IDK Nate has a borderline OP sustain. All Nate needs to do is raise his AS and tank stats and he gots it in the bag
"Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive."
anton14
Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion
Heavyweight Sig-Betting Champion

Accolades: July 2016 & Oct. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Oct. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor (2017 Round 2), Survivor 2018 May Series Champ

Postby therubixcuban » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:58 pm

therubixcuban
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DeceptaCon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:05 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:The Diaz brothers need their own cards compiled of big money super fights. Gilbert and Diego Sanchez could also fight opponents on the same card.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion