Close
Login
Register

Pure Fucking APATHY

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Re: Pure Fucking APATHY

Postby KingOfPancrase » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:57 am

Hawd, Deceptacon and Pbells dropping heavy shit bombs of truth.

Sometimes when the world gets you down you just got to remember we're the big swinging dick of this world and have been for a long fucking time....but it seems people are forgetting that. So now our big swinging dick is going to swing harder...and faster! Until we take off like a motherfucking helicopter and blow all these motherfuckers away.

Spoiler:
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby Luminum » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:32 am

Whilst I've never been as hard-core as some of the fine people here, I have slipped into the realm of the casual fan. Gone are the days of watching whole cards at 3am and rarely missing an event. The sport has changed for the worse, champions are cherry picking fights and you have ridiculous wwe personas becoming more frequent. Fighters are scared to lose rather than trying to win and there are too many bullshit stoppages and fights ruined by poor judging.

If we can't make two people fighting each other in a cage interesting, we really are fucked as a species.
Luminum
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:23 am

I love watching the ONE cards on replay

I love watching the Rizin cards.

The UFC is starting to become more difficult. The cards are so watered down. They have so much talent and that's the only reason i still watch it. The production style is annoying, the endless commercials are annoying. Watching a UFC event now a days is laborious. Especially with so many random fights to sit through

Like Dave said though fighters like Yan who are in the UFC keep me excited. They certainly have fights like Whittaker Adesayna to get hyped for. The problem is the rest of the card was below average at best. Which is a huge issue for them

UFC needs to go back to 1 ppv a month. Stack the fuck out of the main 5 fights.

A tv show a month, a "fight night" for people to tune into for cable or whatever tv provider. Give us a damn good main and co main and then a solid card before

Then copy the Strikeforce challengers template a month for the UFC fight pass and ESPN + fight cards. 1 a month. It will have a damn good main event and solid co main but the rest of the card is filled with the guys and girls nobody really knows but are battling to get up to the fight night cards and the main ppv cards.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby ebickmeyer » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:10 pm

People might give me some flak for what I have to say but here goes. It would be nice to return things the way they once were but that's the past. Bitching about too much mma like a spoiled millennial brat is not going to make you happy. I'm fortunate to watch mma whenever I get the chance. I have to work till 8:30pm every Saturday. I'm grateful just to watch as much as I can get the opportunity to. I don't even care for watered down events. I will watch 2 nobody's beat the shit out of each other and enjoy it.
3 Time A League Fantasy Silver Medalist

Sig Bet Record: 12-9 Ban Bet Record: 1-0
ebickmeyer
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: June 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: July 2018, Jan 2019, Feb 2019, Apr 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Apr 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:29 pm

ebickmeyer wrote:People might give me some flak for what I have to say but here goes. It would be nice to return things the way they once were but that's the past. Bitching about too much mma like a spoiled millennial brat is not going to make you happy. I'm fortunate to watch mma whenever I get the chance. I have to work till 8:30pm every Saturday. I'm grateful just to watch as much as I can get the opportunity to. I don't even care for watered down events. I will watch 2 nobody's beat the shit out of each other and enjoy it.

That sir is very well said.

I remember tuning into some random UFC event and watching Polo Reyes vs Dong Hyun Kim and fucking loving the hell out of that wild back and forth brawl. It was an amazing fight.

I could not give a shit less about either guy and had to google it to even remember the names :lol: So yeah you do for sure bring up a great point there. A great fight is a great fight regardless

meow indeed
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby Shaka Zulu » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:13 pm

KARHU-III wrote:Comes and goes... Currently enjoying MMA and looking forward to many fights. However, there are too many watered-down events, adding to the pain, there is too much time between the fights making the events way too long for my already tested patience.

Still good though, I've kindled a flame for the newer generation fighters. :beer:

Yeah this sums it up for me too.
ImageImage
Dan Henderson said-" FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!"
Shaka Zulu
شاكا زولو

Postby blackmetalcarson » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:04 pm

I think I started realizing what's wrong with MMA a year or two ago when one of my IRL friends just kept on saying "did you hear what this fighter said about another fighter?" And I'm like "who the fuck cares?" I love both professional wrestling AND MMA, but I don't want them mingling with one another. I don't give a fuck what one fighter said to another. I don't care what happens until fight night, but still, the world insists on pushing someone by what they said, rather than what they've done.
blackmetalcarson
Linker's Resident Asshole

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:55 pm

blackmetalcarson wrote:I think I started realizing what's wrong with MMA a year or two ago when one of my IRL friends just kept on saying "did you hear what this fighter said about another fighter?" And I'm like "who the fuck cares?" I love both professional wrestling AND MMA, but I don't want them mingling with one another. I don't give a fuck what one fighter said to another. I don't care what happens until fight night, but still, the world insists on pushing someone by what they said, rather than what they've done.

It all started when JDS divorced his wife.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby KingOfPancrase » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:04 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:
blackmetalcarson wrote:I think I started realizing what's wrong with MMA a year or two ago when one of my IRL friends just kept on saying "did you hear what this fighter said about another fighter?" And I'm like "who the fuck cares?" I love both professional wrestling AND MMA, but I don't want them mingling with one another. I don't give a fuck what one fighter said to another. I don't care what happens until fight night, but still, the world insists on pushing someone by what they said, rather than what they've done.

It all started when JDS divorced his wife.

Reebok kits.
KingOfPancrase

Postby philphan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:09 pm

ebickmeyer wrote:People might give me some flak for what I have to say but here goes. It would be nice to return things the way they once were but that's the past. Bitching about too much mma like a spoiled millennial brat is not going to make you happy. I'm fortunate to watch mma whenever I get the chance. I have to work till 8:30pm every Saturday. I'm grateful just to watch as much as I can get the opportunity to. I don't even care for watered down events. I will watch 2 nobody's beat the shit out of each other and enjoy it.

Haha No drama needed right, just come to chat and have some fun.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Postby Shuck » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:46 pm

I'm a complete casual these days when it comes to Link

but watchn MMA wise, as into it as ever.. getn sick of all the media outside the cage, I feel like I've seen Masvidals face more than mine the past couple of wks.. but event wise I think the ufc runs there show 2nd to none.. watchn bellator is beyond painful, seems like a half hour stretch between each fight listening to chael yap yap yap.. acb was nauseating, couldn't take a breath & the next fight up is already being announced.. ufc is on point, cards are watered down for the most part but now that Im back into betting, i don't give a fack, i find these no names interesting & the cards over all flow perfectly... I would say Conor vs Aldo was the peak for the old school linker / mma fan era, 13 sec & mma changed forever.. I don't mind it tho, just like tech, if you don't change w/it, it will pass jew by
Magatron Makn Link Great Again - :hand:
Shuck

Accolades: MMALinker Bum of the Year 2017

Postby KingOfPancrase » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Make fighting a spectacle again.
KingOfPancrase

Postby KARHU-III » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:10 pm

KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby PBells » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:27 pm

We need to write a list of demands and nail them to Dana's front door.
PBells
The Jim Cornette of 'Linker

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby KingOfPancrase » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:36 pm

PBells wrote:We need to write a list of demands and nail them to Dana's front door.

At this point i'm pretty much giving up on UFC. They are owned by liberals that don't even like fighting. Dana is just a mouthpiece.
At least Bellator has an entrance ramp.
KingOfPancrase

Previous

Return to MMA Discussion