Close
Login
Register

Rizin Lightweight GP bracket is set

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Rizin Lightweight GP bracket is set

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:48 am

Rizin is having a grand prix this year. They are using the LW division for it, one of Rizin's deeper divisions outside of Bantamweight and Meowmeowweight.

This is just the truth. I am sorry this offends people, I get that some of us hate Grand Prix's and soccer kicks and foot stomps and men being battered into unconsciousness.

The first round matchups are as follows. The first set of fights take place the Rizin 19 show on October 12th.

Tofiq Musaev
Damien Brown

Johny Case
Roberto Souza

Patricky Freieire
Tatsuya Kawajiri

Luiz Gustavo
Hiroto Uesako

In my opinion these random selections turned out pretty good.

Musaev, Case and Patricky are the big favorites going into it so its cool they all fight different people

Musaev is a Azerbajani fighter who trains with Khabibs camp. He is young and 15-3 with 12 tko/ko and 2 submission wins to his name. He is on an 11 fight win streak. His style reminds me a lot of Islam Makachev but he is a longer athlete with a lot more power in his hands, on the feet and his ground and pound especially

Damien Brown is a former UFC fighter out of Australia, who unlike the rest of these fighters, has not shagged your mom in the past. He is 19-12 overall and is 2-0 in Rizin with a slick choke win over Cruickshank.

Johny Case is another favorite to win it all. Another former UFC fighter who went 4-2 in the UFC before they cut him for who the fuck knows why. He is 26-6-1 with 18 tko and 4 submissions. He is coming off 2 wins in Rizin and one in which he beat the shit out of poor old man Kitaoka and he was diving for takedowns.

Reberto Souza is a fellow of Brazilian and Japanese ancestry who owns a popular BJJ gym in Japan. His grappling and submissions are world class but he has been knocking out people in his Rizin career oddly enough. He is 9-0 with 6 submissions and 3 tko and is 2-0 in Rizin

Patricky is the Bellator representative in this tournament. He is 21-8 and on a 5 fight win streak with wins over Josh Thomson and Huerta. He is another big favorite for this GP, especially with the use of soccer kicks and stomps that he has not been able to use since his regional days in Brazil. Which is a country in South America by the way where Phillyhoffman fucked models for decades.

Tatsuya Kawajiri sadly was paired up with Patricky. We all know Kawajiri as he is a legend. He is 41 though and is very clearly slowing down. He won his last fight against a massive Russian striker with solid wrestling to get into this GP. I just hope Patricky does not murder him till he dies from it. I love Kawajiri dammit!

Luiz Gustavo is 9-1 at only 23 years old splits time training with Wanderlei and under Andre Amado and the Evolunccao Thai team that has given us people like Trinaldo in the UFC. All of his wins are finishes and he is an absurdly aggressive fighter. He will be a dark horse to keep an eye on.

Hiroto Uesako is the current DEEP Lightweight champ and has a record of 13-7. He is 2-0 in Rizin and has a bunch of wins in DEEP via soccer kicks. He is well rounded but has a lot of power in particular striking. Him and Gustavo should be a fireworks fight in the first round

I see the GP playing out like this barring injuries

Musaev beats brown

Case beats Souza

Patricky kills poor Kawajiri

Gustavo beats Ueako

Then Musaev beats Case and Patricky beats Gustavo

Musaev loses to Patricky in a barn burner final and Patricky is a the GP champ
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Re: Rizin Lightweight GP bracket is set

Postby PBells » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:52 pm

I haven't seen a full RIZIN event in forever because I'm old and can't lose sleep anymore. Need to either find torrents or move to Japan.

RIZIN一番!
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:59 pm

PBells wrote:I haven't seen a full RIZIN event in forever because I'm old and can't lose sleep anymore. Need to either find torrents or move to Japan.

RIZIN一番!

This may just be because I am a real sack of shit but honestly Asso and I have been buying the ppvs on fite for the good Rizin cards and watching till the first intermission on linkerchat before we fall asleep.

The ppvs have unlimited replays so I have a bunch of the Rizin library I can watch whenever

Its nice waking up the next day for a wake and bake and watching the main card.

Please oh please though no more Rizin cards on the same nights Frank Trigg is reffing UFC in California and can not do commentary, he is very bad but fucking eh Joe Warren and Ben Nyugen are both even worse :lol:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Survivor (x3)

Postby PBells » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:11 pm

That's the only thing I've consistently disliked from RIZIN, the commentary seems to always be pterodactyl shit except for when Mauro was on it.

I can't even imagine Warren and Nguyen together, oh my god.... Nguyen talks really fast, doesn't he? And Warren's voice gives chalkboards the chills
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019, Oct 2019
Survivor Champion

Postby jblaze » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:47 am

Maybe BJ Penn can join in !!!!!
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby hawdrigoh » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Imagine if Crusher wins the GP.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby Mr Meow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:51 am

hawdrigoh wrote:Imagine if Crusher wins the GP.

After losing in the finals of the Pride GP in his 20's (no shame, lost to prime Gomi)

And losing in the Dream semi finals in his 30s (no shame, lost to Alvarez)

Winning the Rizin GP in his 40s would be an amazing cap to an amazing and underrated career

War Crusher!!!
Mr Meow

Survivor (x3)

Postby hawdrigoh » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:52 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
hawdrigoh wrote:Imagine if Crusher wins the GP.

After losing in the finals of the Pride GP in his 20's (no shame, lost to prime Gomi)

And losing in the Dream semi finals in his 30s (no shame, lost to Alvarez)

Winning the Rizin GP in his 40s would be an amazing cap to an amazing and underrated career

War Crusher!!!

What a dream ending that would be. Hopefully it comes true.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:48 pm

jblaze wrote:Maybe BJ Penn can join in !!!!!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon: Alexander Volkov, Michael Page, Vicente Luque, Warlley Alves
FUTURE BMF GINA A-LEAGUE CHAMP CHAMP
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Return to MMA Discussion