Close
Login
Register

Chiasson files lawsuit

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Chiasson files lawsuit

Postby philphan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:23 pm

Macy Chiasson files lawsuit after deadly Dallas crane collapse: 'I've completely lost everything'
https://sports.yahoo.com/ufc-macy-chais ... 47197.html

UFC fighter Macy Chiasson filed a lawsuit against her apartment complex and the Bigge Crane and Rigging Co. after their crane crashed into her apartment building on Sunday, killing one resident, according to CBSDFW.

A crane collapsed into an apartment complex near downtown Dallas on Sunday when a storm moved through the area, killing 29-year-old Kiersten Smith and making the building uninhabitable. The highest wind gust reported at Dallas Love Field Airport was 71 mph during the storm on Sunday, according to CNN.

Chiasson, who lived two floors below where the victim lived, cut her foot on glass while running to safety with her dog, per the report.

Chaisson told TMZ on Tuesday that she had only been home for about 20 minutes when she started hearing what sounded like construction noises coming from her backyard, which sits about 100 feet away from where a new structure is being built.

“I heard a little bit of something, and I was like, ‘There’s no way that they’re doing construction right now on a Sunday,’” Chiasson told TMZ. “All of the sudden, when I said that to myself, I heard a loud boom. I could hear, whatever it was, kind of falling through the ceiling floor by floor. Once I heard that, I called my dog ... and we ran out.”

Her lawsuit claimed the defendants “breached their duties of ordinary care to the Plaintiff by failing to adequately warn the Plaintiff and others for the condition and failing to make that condition reasonably safe.” She also alleged that Bigge Crane and Rigging Co. failed to inspect and maintain the crane on a regular basis, according to CBSDFW.

Chiasson is seeking damages worth no “less than three times the amount of the Plaintiff’s actual damages,” per the report.

“No one was prepared for anything,” Chiasson told TMZ. “People were in their underwear, they had several people that were completely covered in debris and dust and bleeding. It was terrible.

“I’ve completely lost everything. I don’t have anything. I have literally this shirt, a pair of shoes and shorts that I have on. I have nothing but my dog. Everything’s gone.”

The 27-year-old currently holds a 5-0 record in the UFC. She last took down Sarah Moras midway through the second round at UFC Fight night on May 4.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Max Holloway, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, Marlon Moraes, Ketlen Vieira

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
Fantasy Record for a 4 pick month- 69 points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Re: Chiasson files lawsuit

Postby ThaBlackGuy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Wow that just happened two days ago and she's already filed? She's trying to get that Romero money!
shout out to monkeystyle5000 for making this gif

women need to know their place in the octagon...and thats holding up a number and wearing a thong

--Daniel Tosh
ThaBlackGuy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby rockslayer16 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:04 pm

her apartment didnt get hit, two floors up did

her apartment didnt burn down

yet she "lost everything"

ummmm your shit is in your apartment waiting for you, sure maybe some shit got damaged from water or dust but you didnt fucking "lose everything" :roll:
rockslayer16
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby yoseph » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 am

rockslayer16 wrote:her apartment didnt get hit, two floors up did

ummmm your shit is in your apartment waiting for you, sure maybe some shit got damaged from water or dust but you didnt fucking "lose everything" :roll:

World Trade Center got hit on over half way up. The bottom floors were fine duuuurr.

Building are made of shit architecture so when shit like this happens it destroys the whole fucking thing. Dont know if you are aware of how heavy cranes are but I doubt the support beams on a shitty apartment are going to brace the fall.

Not saying she is completely justified in these lawsuit, but that is a stupid fucking comment

Edit*
The whole building didn't get destroyed but it looks like plenty of apartments got fucked. Who knows which one is hers
yoseph
4th Degree Black Belt
4th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Fantasy B-League Champion: Dec. 2015, May 2019, Aug. 2019
Fantasy C-League Champion: Jan. 2017, Mar. 2017
Survivor (x2)

Postby rockslayer16 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:20 am

her apartment was on the first floor :roll: her shit isnt all gone, its temporarily inaccessible

my comment was 100% accurate, yet you call it a stupid fucking comment and then try to compare this to 9/11 wtc :lol: :lol: :lol:
rockslayer16
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby TFlock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:57 am

yoseph wrote:
rockslayer16 wrote:her apartment didnt get hit, two floors up did

World Trade Center got hit on over half way up. The bottom floors were fine duuuurr.

Building are made of shit architecture so when shit like this happens it destroys the whole fucking thing. Dont know if you are aware of how heavy cranes are but I doubt the support beams on a shitty apartment are going to brace the fall.

Not saying she is completely justified in these lawsuit, but that is a stupid fucking comment

Edit*
The whole building didn't get destroyed but it looks like plenty of apartments got fucked. Who knows which one is hers

yes, it was a stupid fucking comment. the whole building is uninhabitable so she can't go in and get anything that is in there. I hope your home has a crane fall on it and then see how you feel :shock:
November A League Fantasy Team
Nate Diaz
Romero Cotton
Robson Gracie Jr.
Lucas Brennan

ImageImage
Spoiler:
TFlock

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: May 2017, July 2018, Jan/Feb/Mar 2019, Oct 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2018
Survivor
First Linker to Hold Two Gaming Commission Belts in the Modern Era

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:27 am

5-0 in the UFC is like being a star running back in the NFL for 2-3 years but without all of the money, cars, house and 5K Reebok sponsorship. The UFC is still akin to the early days of the NFL when players had to get jobs during the offseason. Still can't believe fighters are going the Conor route trying to get paid more when the whole system is broke. Dana knows how to keep the fighters divided.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 am

DeceptaCon wrote:5-0 in the UFC is like being a star running back in the NFL for 2-3 years but without all of the money, cars, house and 5K Reebok sponsorship. The UFC is still akin to the early days of the NFL when players had to get jobs during the offseason. Still can't believe fighters are going the Conor route trying to get paid more when the whole system is broke. Dana knows how to keep the fighters divided.

thats like a new thread all together

UFC Problems:
NFL Problems:

:lol: :lol:
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Postby DeceptaCon » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:13 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:
DeceptaCon wrote:5-0 in the UFC is like being a star running back in the NFL for 2-3 years but without all of the money, cars, house and 5K Reebok sponsorship. The UFC is still akin to the early days of the NFL when players had to get jobs during the offseason. Still can't believe fighters are going the Conor route trying to get paid more when the whole system is broke. Dana knows how to keep the fighters divided.

thats like a new thread all together

UFC Problems:
NFL Problems:

:lol: :lol:

NFL problems: taken out of game due to concussion protocol
UFC problems: having a concussion and crying while Joe Rogan interviews you after you get head kicked by someone that is allowed to take steroids.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby PainDog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:38 pm

I thought this thread was about Chael Sonnen and that "Chasson" was just a clever way combining his first and last name

Damir Ismagulov Time

Saygid Arslanaliev Time

Khabib Nurmagomedov Time
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Dec 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Nov 2017

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:05 pm

You would think at this point people who write the articles would know the difference between unsanctioned fights in the TUF house which do not go on your record and fights under the UFC banner at a UFC event

Chiasson is 5-0. 3-0 in the UFC. She went 2-0 in the TUF house

Hopefully Dana and the UFC brass can help her out. Chiasson has fun fights and finishes almost all of them violently.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
4th Professional Linker Victory
4th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018, Nov 2019
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Return to MMA Discussion