Close
Login
Register

Game of Thrones

Anything not MMA related goes here

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby MadTitan » Tue May 14, 2019 4:23 pm

robdogj wrote:
320IDAVE wrote:Well that dragon got conveniently buffed for that episode...as did the scorpions get nerfed.

So with 3 dragons this was unthinkable, with 2 they can't see a huge iron fleet that seem to have homing giant crossbows but with just one dragon she blows up the entire fleet, the whole fucking army and the whole damn city including walls buildings and everything. What?

this happened because Dani didn't get the d from Jon Snow & she was pissed the fuck off so she let it all out on the poor people of King's Landing. What pissed me off is how Queen Cersi melted at the end. I wanted her to die fighting & Lady Stomland to cut her throat.

You mean Lady Stoneheart? Catlin brought back from the dead?

Not getting the D = Everyone dies. Real sensible, Danny :biggrin:
Predictions for the final Episode:

Spoiler:
I got nothing
☜(:♛ฺ;益;♛ฺ;)☞
mmafan559 wrote:Matt Brown Pride.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby robdogj » Tue May 14, 2019 4:58 pm

MadTitan wrote:You mean Lady Stoneheart? Catlin brought back from the dead?

Nope....remember who the Lord of the Stormlands now. Gendry, Arya's man
I am in Gay Hell because I doubted Nate Diaz
robdogj
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby MadTitan » Tue May 14, 2019 6:47 pm

robdogj wrote:
MadTitan wrote:You mean Lady Stoneheart? Catlin brought back from the dead?

Nope....remember who the Lord of the Stormlands now. Gendry, Arya's man

oh ok LOL didn't put that together.

Anyone know what the next series is based on? It's a prequel from what I hear.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby 320IDAVE » Wed May 15, 2019 5:52 am

There is a next series in the making??
320IDAVE
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby willmma » Wed May 15, 2019 10:20 am

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/game-th ... 00670.html

highly anticipated new show has reportedly been given the working title of Bloodmoon, to make it a completely stand-alone show in its own right. Although it’s thought to just be a temporary title right now, these things often stick, and it definitely suits the supernatural, fantasy element of Westeros.

Excitingly, sources are claiming that shooting has officially commenced for Bloodmoon/the Game of Thrones prequel. According to reports by The Sun, principal photography began in Belfast, Ireland, around a fortnight ago (early May 2019). Interestingly, the source also goes on to say that the series, set five thousand years before the original HBO show, will follow the story of early Westeros inhabitants, the Children of the Forest
willmma
Linker Fantasy MMA Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2019
Fantasy B-League Champion: June 2016, Jan 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: Dec 2016, Nov 2017

Postby DreadLobster » Wed May 15, 2019 4:19 pm

Fans of this show are goddamn unbearable.

I can't tell you how many people I've heard bitch about how predictable the show has become... yet I don't recall any of them correctly predicting anything. Its the strangest thing. :lol:

Also unbelievable how many people think Dany burning the city was a shock and/or out of character and/or not given enough set up. Her solution to damn near everything in the entire run of the show has been to burn it.

Its almost as if power hungry monarchs who believe its their destiny to rule shouldn't be trusted. What a weird, unrealistic concept.

Same goes for the lack of the fulfillment of certain prophecies. Exactly how many prophecies have come true in the history of the world? If you can't trust a witch, who can you trust?

Also annoyed at people who think they "pissed away" Jamie's character arc with lazy writing.

Bullshit. You know what's lazy writing? Redemption arcs. The guy started the show as a piece of shit. Then you find out maybe he's not 100% a piece of shit, but he's still most certainly a selfish piece of shit. Just like most real people. Not all people learn lessons and change. In fact, most of them don't.

Same with Cersei and his deaths. Yeah, it was kind of anticlimactic... but... (unless we wanna get into conspiracy theories) Hitler died in his bunker. Patton bumped his head in a car crash and died. No one even knows how Alexander the Great died. Not everybody gets an epic fight scene to end their predictable character arc.

Shoe-horning in some elaborate, poetic justice death sequence for every character would be far more contrived an unrealistic than what we got.

Glad they showed the "good guys" raping and pillaging. That's war.

Only example of lazy writing in that episode, IMO, was the scorpion gunners suddenly having the aim of storm troopers. That was way too convenient.

Wasn't perfect by any means, but jesus christ people love to bitch. Like they've written anything. :lol:
RIP The Maniac

DreadLobster
Role Model

Postby MadTitan » Wed May 15, 2019 4:44 pm

DreadLobster wrote:Fans of this show are goddamn unbearable.

I can't tell you how many people I've heard bitch about how predictable the show has become... yet I don't recall any of them correctly predicting anything. Its the strangest thing. :lol:

Also unbelievable how many people think Dany burning the city was a shock and/or out of character and/or not given enough set up. Her solution to damn near everything in the entire run of the show has been to burn it.

Its almost as if power hungry monarchs who believe its their destiny to rule shouldn't be trusted. What a weird, unrealistic concept.

Same goes for the lack of the fulfillment of certain prophecies. Exactly how many prophecies have come true in the history of the world? If you can't trust a witch, who can you trust?

Also annoyed at people who think they "pissed away" Jamie's character arc with lazy writing.

Bullshit. You know what's lazy writing? Redemption arcs. The guy started the show as a piece of shit. Then you find out maybe he's not 100% a piece of shit, but he's still most certainly a selfish piece of shit. Just like most real people. Not all people learn lessons and change. In fact, most of them don't.

Same with Cersei and his deaths. Yeah, it was kind of anticlimactic... but... (unless we wanna get into conspiracy theories) Hitler died in his bunker. Patton bumped his head in a car crash and died. No one even knows how Alexander the Great died. Not everybody gets an epic fight scene to end their predictable character arc.

Shoe-horning in some elaborate, poetic justice death sequence for every character would be far more contrived an unrealistic than what we got.

Only example of lazy writing in that episode, IMO, was the scorpion gunners suddenly having the aim of storm troopers. That was way too convenient.

Wasn't perfect by any means, but jesus christ people love to bitch. Like they've written anything. :lol:

I'm with you 100%

Can't stand the bitching about everything.
youtube video's about GOT are horrid right now. Unwatchable.
I've literally wanted to punch like 6 people in the face talking to them about the show IRL.

So this is how the greatest show in the history of television ends. With Glorious Hatred.

Never change, people :heart:
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby willmma » Thu May 16, 2019 12:08 am

Well said.

Also this is a clip of Bran's vision in season 4.

You can clearly see the red keep destroyed and you see the shadow of a dragon flying over the Kings landing.

This is not a new trajectory by the no-nothing writers. This was the ending planned from the beginning.
willmma

Postby willmma » Fri May 17, 2019 10:54 am

Also a message from Ramsey Bolton

willmma

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Sat May 18, 2019 1:12 pm

:bulls:

Jamie's story has been incredible. He was a totally unlikable cunt at the start then throughout we've seen that he's not all bad just in love with his crazy sister and puts her first.

I thought him leaving winterfell to be with her made perfect sense. Way more sense than staying and waking up sober beside ser briene of barf.

I get that some people wanted a violent death for cersei but her alone with jamie and terrified as her entire world literally crumbled around and on her was fine by me.

Last night a few of my friends were talking about how upset they were that their female champion turned evil. I couldnt stop grinning. She was responsible for lots of death and destruction before that but had somehow been identified as this super feminist by these gals. One of them kept saying the only reason she liked game of thrones was because of Dany's potrayal as a strong female leader and then she burns a city down bc she was rejected by a man. She was so much stronger than that, it never should have happened.

:lol:

Only thing that has really bothered me was euron's dragon seeking bolt shot off a moving ship through an island and picked off a fast moving flying target from a distance. But this is a show where a witch shot a demon out of her cunt that sneaked through a cirty to murder a king. I bought that so why not miracle impossible shots too?

Cant wait for sunday
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby MadTitan » Sun May 19, 2019 12:07 am

JACKnoneREACHER wrote:

:bulls:

Jamie's story has been incredible. He was a totally unlikable cunt at the start then throughout we've seen that he's not all bad just in love with his crazy sister and puts her first.

I thought him leaving winterfell to be with her made perfect sense. Way more sense than staying and waking up sober beside ser briene of barf.

I get that some people wanted a violent death for cersei but her alone with jamie and terrified as her entire world literally crumbled around and on her was fine by me.

Last night a few of my friends were talking about how upset they were that their female champion turned evil. I couldnt stop grinning. She was responsible for lots of death and destruction before that but had somehow been identified as this super feminist by these gals. One of them kept saying the only reason she liked game of thrones was because of Dany's potrayal as a strong female leader and then she burns a city down bc she was rejected by a man. She was so much stronger than that, it never should have happened.

:lol:

Only thing that has really bothered me was euron's dragon seeking bolt shot off a moving ship through an island and picked off a fast moving flying target from a distance. But this is a show where a witch shot a demon out of her cunt that sneaked through a cirty to murder a king. I bought that so why not miracle impossible shots too?

Cant wait for sunday

That's the proper mind-set for consuming media. I feel the same. Just try to accept what they give us, try to enjoy what you can and move on with life. It's just a TV show, after all. I'm gonna binge the series again after Sunday night! Can't wait! It's been a great ride.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby KingOfPancrase » Sun May 19, 2019 3:38 am

Just make sure you drink at least 3 liters of red wine during the finale. All the characters of GoT drink red wine so why not you?
KingOfPancrase
2nd Professional Linker Victory
2nd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby MadTitan » Sun May 19, 2019 3:53 am

KingOfPancrase wrote:Just make sure you drink at least 3 liters of red wine during the finale. All the characters of GoT drink red wine so why not you?

Sounds like a plan

:beer:
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby willmma » Mon May 20, 2019 2:03 am

Didn't expect that
willmma

Postby MadTitan » Mon May 20, 2019 2:17 am

willmma wrote:Didn't expect that

Was not a bad ending.

Now we can all move onto something else.

It's just a show. Most shows have trouble with their *endings* from my experiences. The hate is justified to some. I can see that. they rushed the story towards the end and the episodes suffered because of it. I have no strong feelings for one side or the other, BUT I refuse to participate in this sad state of fandom that has such a market for over-criticism and hate towards media content. It's completely out of control on social media. Everyone's a critic and everyone is too possessive. Like someone ruined their lives because a show got bad towards the end. Get a grip! Not speaking to anyone in particular. Just seems like fandom in general these days is taken too seriously. Just my point of view.

Make your points. Have your arguments, but I want no part in it. I fucking loved this show from the beginning until the end. I'd rather discuss how great it was, and how it changed television forever, but that's just me - Glass Half full -

Cheers.
MadTitan
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion