Close
Login
Register

Interesting Food Chart

From couch potato to Title Holder, what to eat to stay in top shape

Re: Interesting Food Chart

Postby discoowl » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:10 pm

chroniclee wrote:5/7 of those don'ts are completely retarded.

* Don't smoke-Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).

This sounds like a very difficult thing to prove. I would like to see how these alleged "experts" proved something that sounds this ridiculous. Somehow eating food makes a cigarette have the power of ten cigarettes! Incredible

* Don't eat fruits immediately - Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruit 1-2 hr after meal or 1 hr before meal.

I never knew that fruit was porous, and full of pockets of air. Oh wait, that is because it isn't. I usually eat fruit after a meal and I have never felt like my stomach was injected with air. Even if it did, I would just burp.

* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.

Not all tea is made from leaves. Some tea is made from roots, such as ginger, which has been a long established digestive aid. Even tea that is made from leaves is not all highly acidic. Further, how does acid make protein harden? No explanation given.

* Don't loosen your belt - Loosening the belt after a meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted &blocked.

Thank goodness we have a membrane around our intestines that holds them in place, and prevents them from rolling around like a coil of hose. Unfortunately the idiot who wrote this article doesn't have one. He obviously has no knowledge of the human anatomy, or digestion. After eating, food is in your stomach. It takes a while for it to even reach your intestines.

* Don't walk about - People always say that after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.

Nutrients are absorbed by your intestines, not by your stomach. If you take a walk after you eat, your food will still be in your stomach.

This sounds like a bunch of garbage that some idiot who didn't take high school biology wrote.

yeah that's a load of bunkus - esp. the not smoking after a meal = 10 cigarettes. A quick look and found no supporting literature save the same '7 don't' sites.

Also, figs are supposed to be really good for men
http://www.articlesbase.com/health-arti ... 29953.html
PsychoBells wrote:How sad is it that a perfectly decent human being and warrior like Shogun gets hated-on by miserable autistic virgins? smh

25/25 LHK
discoowl
9th Degree Black Belt
9th Degree Black Belt

Postby cerambus » Fri May 06, 2011 3:27 pm

* Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.

Not all tea is made from leaves. Some tea is made from roots, such as ginger, which has been a long established digestive aid. Even tea that is made from leaves is not all highly acidic. Further, how does acid make protein harden? No explanation given.

Also, guess what else has a very high acid content, stomach acid. :wink:
cerambus
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Charlie30 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:22 am

good info for me.
Charlie30
White Belt
White Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:43 am