Close
Login
Register

What motivates Bones besides Cocaine

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

What motivates Bones besides Cocaine

Postby philphan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:28 am

Jon Jones’ Coach Says He Has a Scary Level of Motivation Heading into 2019
https://sports.yahoo.com/jon-jones-coac ... 03944.html

Jon Jones had a statement to make in his rematch against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 232.

Five years earlier, Gustafsson had pushed Jones further than any other opponent in history and nearly came away with a victory. Add to that, Jones had been out for over a year while trying to sort out a positive drug test that cost him a knockout victory against Daniel Cormier at UFC 214.

Between the controversy about the drug tests and Gustafsson’s near win over him, Jones had a lot of questions posed to him leading up to that fight that helped close the door on 2018.

It took Jones less than 15 minutes to give everybody the answers they wanted as he dismantled Gustafsson with surgical precision before finishing the fight by third round knockout. Jones reclaimed the light heavyweight title and silenced many of his most ardent critics thanks to an eye-opening performance.

As it turns out that single win wasn’t going to be nearly enough to satiate Jones’ thirst as he prepared for the New Year ahead. In fact, Jones was barely a week removed from his fight when he booked his next matchup against Anthony Smith at UFC 235 on March 2 in Las Vegas.

Jones has said he wants to fight and defend his title at least three times in 2019 and his striking coach Brandon Gibson says this is anything but lip service from arguably the greatest pound-for-pound fighter in the sport.

“Jon was already in the gym this week, which was unheard of back in the day after a big win,” Gibson revealed when speaking to MMAWeekly. “Jon would take a sabbatical, he’d be on a beach thinking of anything but fighting. For him to be not only talking to the team after a big win, already trying to strategize for the next fight but he’s already in the gym.

“I’m actually going to go work out with him in a few hours. Jon owes it to himself, he owes it to his family, he owes it to the fans, to the UFC, to the team, to keep this momentum going.”

Working with the coaching staff at the Jackson-Winkeljohn Academy in New Mexico, Jones has a team that is dedicated to only wanting the best for him.

That’s why no one has ever rushed Jones into a fight unless he was truly ready.

Gibson is one of the many voices on that coaching staff offering advice but he says Jones is more than capable of fighting three times this year because he’s seeing a whole new level of motivation from the longest reigning light heavyweight champion in UFC history.

“We’re never going to rush anything that we’re not prepared for and I think it’s been clear from our history in the past that we don’t mind hitting the brakes on something that we don’t feel matches our timeline,” Gibson explained. “But I really do believe Jon is going to fight three times this year and we’re going to have some tough challenges. Some young guys with nothing to lose. It’s going to be our job to go make a statement with every single one of those performances.

“I think the year leading up to when he won the title or the year he broke into the UFC, he had a lot of lot of quick turn around performances. I told Jon, sometimes by default you get a year and a half long camp but you know you can perform on a short turn around just as well, especially coming off the Gustafsson fight where there was no injuries. Let’s just keep this momentum going.”

Jones wasn’t alone in his desire to build off the Gustafsson win by staying busy in 2019.

Gibson says the entire coaching staff was bursting with excitement to get back into the gym to begin preparing Jones for the next battle ahead.

Throughout the course of his career, Jones can count on one hand the number of rounds he’s lost, which speaks to the level of dominance he’s showcased over the years.

According to Gibson, Jones is still peeking in the prime of his career right now and that should absolutely frighten anybody about to step into his path in 2019.

“Everybody’s hungry to get right back to work,” Gibson said. “Nobody wants to sit back and revel in the victory. We want to get right back to work because I agree if Jon really chooses to set this schedule as he’s envisioned, he’s going to separate himself from everybody else on this GOAT (greatest of all time) discussion if he chooses to.”

“I hope it brings fear to all these contenders who want to come get some.”

Is the rest of the division really fucked?
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Julia Budd, Ismail Narudiev, Beneil Dariush, Leon Edwards

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor

Re: What motivates Bones besides Cocaine

Postby bruins2012 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:55 am

Scary level of motivation because now he is free to keep micro-dosing without consequence from the UFC. The fucking bum fails multiple drug tests, Jeff Novitzky gives him the excuse that the pecograms could be in his system for years and by some miracle of the PED gods, somehow by the next test hours/days later the PED has vanished from his body entirely and he passed all the tests in California.

He is and always has been a micro-dosing bum.

Pillar Bruins2012 and Victor Conte tell no lies. :tup:

:P
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby PBells » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:05 pm

Coke, money, money to buy more coke, young blonde women, and haters' tears
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby philphan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:06 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Scary level of motivation because now he is free to keep micro-dosing without consequence from the UFC. The fucking bum fails multiple drug tests, Jeff Novitzky gives him the excuse that the pecograms could be in his system for years and by some miracle of the PED gods, somehow by the next test hours/days later the PED has vanished from his body entirely and he passed all the tests in California.

You're right buddy, but noone seems to care. The UFC, USADA, CTAC, and most of the fans turn a blind eye. Expect him to get all his sponsors back and for him to start acting soon.
Last edited by philphan on Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby philphan » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 pm

PBells wrote:Coke, money, money to buy more coke, young blonde women, and haters' tears

:lol: coke is more fun than following the rules.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 am

the sweet tears of all the snowflakes
[quote]الحمدالله

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

EvilGorilla69+1
6th Degree Black Belt
6th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Postby KARHU-III » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 am

being goat

Spoiler:
KARHU-III
Red Belt
Red Belt

Accolades: A Viking more American than Americans

Postby DeceptaCon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:52 am

KARHU-III wrote:being goat

Spoiler:

:lol: :lol: @KARHU's new found photoshop passion.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby Mr Meow » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Smith is going to be absolutely slaughtered. Why they are making this fight is beyond me. His win streak includes Rashad fucking Evans and Shogun for fucks sake.

Unless jones is going to beat on Smith and gas out like Volkan I do not see Smith winning

Jones via rape choke and ground and pound elbows to the eyeballs round 2.

Smith fights again for a few more years and retires with a lot of wear and tear on his journeyman turned 1 time title contenders body. the modern James Braddock minus the fact he wont be champ

We will see Jones smash a lot of random dudes in the next few years if he can get his weight cut cycle down better. He has beat Gus twice Dc is about to retire AJ is retired....who is there left to fight? Corey Fucking Anderson? Jan "yes i am in the top 5" Blachwowisisch? The next generation will not be ready in 2019 nor 2020. No offense to Dominic Reyes but gtfo outta here. Krylov is the only other guy under 30 in the top 15 currently for fucks

Let the Jones slaughterhouse commence.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov/Dec 2015, Jan/Apr/May/Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb/Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 am

Mr Meow wrote:Smith is going to be absolutely slaughtered. Why they are making this fight is beyond me. His win streak includes Rashad fucking Evans and Shogun for fucks sake.

Unless jones is going to beat on Smith and gas out like Volkan I do not see Smith winning

Smith fights again for a few more years and retires with a lot of wear and tear on his journeyman turned 1 time title contenders body. the modern James Braddock minus the fact he wont be champ

We will see Jones smash a lot of random dudes in the next few years if he can get his weight cut cycle down better. He has beat Gus twice Dc is about to retire AJ is retired....who is there left to fight? Corey Fucking Anderson? Jan "yes i am in the top 5" Blachwowisisch? The next generation will not be ready in 2019 nor 2020. No offense to Dominic Reyes but gtfo outta here. Krylov is the only other guy under 30 in the top 15 currently for fucks

This fight is happening because Jones wants to fight. Been away for a while and lost a lot of $. Easy win for him and a way to bring back some sponsors perhaps.
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012

Accolades: 2014-2015 & 2015-2016 Fantasy Hockey Champion
Fantasy B-League Champion: Aug 2016, May/Sep 2017, Apr 2018
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2016
Survivor

Postby philphan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:12 pm

bruins2012 wrote:
Mr Meow wrote:Smith is going to be absolutely slaughtered. Why they are making this fight is beyond me. His win streak includes Rashad fucking Evans and Shogun for fucks sake.

This fight is happening because Jones wants to fight. Been away for a while and lost a lot of $. Easy win for him and a way to bring back some sponsors perhaps.

:cash: :moneybag: :bill: Jones next 5 fights will be just for the money unless someone moves weight classes.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby DeceptaCon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:15 pm

A lot of people sleeping on Anthony, he took Volkan's best shots and still gutted out a submission victory. I hope he gives Jones a war on the feet but Jones always has his clinch and ground and pound to fall back on. Remember how Bonnar looked against Jones, time is a flat circle and it might be Anthony's time around.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Are you ready for the last great deception?
DeceptaCon
Reigning Survivor Champ
Reigning Survivor Champ

Accolades: Pillar of Linker
Fantasy C-League Champion: Feb/Sep 2016, Apr 2018
Survivor

Postby philphan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:56 pm

DeceptaCon wrote:A lot of people sleeping on Anthony, he took Volkan's best shots and still gutted out a submission victory. I hope he gives Jones a war on the feet but Jones always has his clinch and ground and pound to fall back on. Remember how Bonnar looked against Jones, time is a flat circle and it might be Anthony's time around.
Spoiler:

You could be right but he didn't seem to have much trouble wit gus. If he finished gus and DC, the rest might be fooooked. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault

philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Survivor

Postby JTuck34 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:38 pm

bruins2012 wrote:Scary level of motivation because now he is free to keep micro-dosing without consequence from the UFC. The fucking bum fails multiple drug tests, Jeff Novitzky gives him the excuse that the pecograms could be in his system for years and by some miracle of the PED gods, somehow by the next test hours/days later the PED has vanished from his body entirely and he passed all the tests in California.

Wait a minute.... wait.... so you're telling me......... that drug testing.............. is a BAD thing??????

Holy FUCK say it ain't so guys! How long have you felt this way???

On topic: For real - fuck anyone that complains about drug use in mma. Some corrupt as fuck organization comes in to "legitimize" the sport because enough pansy faggots like you bitch about it, and now suddenly you dont like the taste? How exactly did you envision this going? Brock Lesnar gets an exemption to fight on a whim and fails his tests immediately after, Jon Jones may as well have "Picogram 3:16" tattooed on his chest, meanwhile tim means gets a two year ban for a barely detectable level of ostarine, and nick diaz gets a lifetime suspension for mari-fucking-juana.

THIS IS THE CLEAN SPORT THAT ALL OF YOU ASKED FOR

Then we've got Bruins over here throwing around buzzwords like microdosing to appear informed, while he cant even fucking spell picogram. Jesus Christ.

Fuck all of you clean sport advocate snowflake motherfuckers, fuck USADA's corrupted ass, fuck not being able to smoke a god damn joint when your shoulder hurts, fuck this entire culture we live in that calls for a fair playing field and clean work environments, and most of all MOTHERFUCK drug testing.

I hope Jon fails every single drug test here on out and suffers ZERO consequences for it. I hope he crashes another 4 European cars that are worth a house just to get out on bail and be home in time for dinner. Fuck it, it makes good TV. Then he can go shoot up HGH and head the the clubs to snort coke out of a stripper's ass hole.
Last edited by JTuck34 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7-3
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert

Postby Mr Meow » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:44 pm

JTuck34 wrote:

Wait a minute.... wait.... so you're telling me......... that drug testing.............. is a BAD thing??????

Holy FUCK say it ain't so guys! How long have you felt this way???

On topic: For real - fuck anyone that complains about drug use in mma. Some corrupt as fuck organization comes in to "legitimize" the sport because enough pansy faggots like you bitch about it, and now suddenly you dont like the taste? How exactly did you envision this going? Brock Lesnar gets an exemption to fight on a whim and fails his tests immediately after, Jon Jones may as well have "Picogram 3:16" tattooed on his chest, meanwhile tim means gets a two year ban for a barely detectable level of ostarine, and nick diaz gets a lifetime suspension for mari-fucking-juana.

THIS IS THE CLEAN SPORT THAT ALL OF YOU ASKED FOR

Then we've got Bruins over here throwing around buzzwords like microdosing to appear informed, while he cant even fucking spell picogram. Jesus Christ.

Fuck all of you clean sport advocate snowflake motherfuckers, fuck USADA's corrupted ass, fuck not being able to smoke a god damn joint when your shoulder hurts, fuck this entire culture we live in that calls for a fair playing field and clean work environments, and most of all MOTHERFUCK drug testing.

Gooooood Goooooood

Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov/Dec 2015, Jan/Apr/May/Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb/Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Next

Return to MMA Discussion