Close
Login
Register

Help me out linker bros - Champ George said something

RIZIN, UFC, Bellator, ONE Championship, PFL, and many more!

Help me out linker bros - Champ George said something

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:33 pm

What does the champ mean? Does he mean that Liston would have won?Does it mean that Frazier was not interested cause he would have lost..?

Use your great english language skills and help me out,bros.

Also general Liston controversy thread...if there is any linker with some good juice about the shady years of his career....i'd be greatly appreciated..
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor (as The Smurf)

Re: Help me out linker bros - Champ George said something

Postby PBells » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:41 pm

I think the grillmaster meant to say "That's true, Frazier would have nothing to do with Liston."

Sausage fingers + phone = this
PBells

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:54 pm

I am not going to say I am closer to the situation or more knowledgeable than Foreman

But

But

But But But

Frazier did not duck anyone. This seems far fetched he would not fight Liston. Sonny was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay on the downend of his career at this point. A prime Sonny might have beat Frazier (I do not think he would but anything is possible) but Sonny at this stage would have been schooled.

Frazier was not afraid to fight Ali 3 times, not afraid to fight Foreman the second time after the horrific beating of the first fight, was not scared to fight (and beat) fellow hall of famers of the heavyweight division like Oscar Bonavera, Jimmy Ellis (twice) Jerry Quarry (twice) Bob Foster and Eddie Machen

Not sure what the fuck foreman is thinking but this is far fetched as fuck in my view.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby philphan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Mr Meow wrote:I am not going to say I am closer to the situation or more knowledgeable than Foreman

But

But

But But But

Frazier did not duck anyone. This seems far fetched he would not fight Liston. Sonny was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay on the downend of his career at this point. A prime Sonny might have beat Frazier (I do not think he would but anything is possible) but Sonny at this stage would have been schooled.

Frazier was not afraid to fight Ali 3 times, not afraid to fight Foreman the second time after the horrific beating of the first fight, was not scared to fight (and beat) fellow hall of famers of the heavyweight division like Oscar Bonavera, Jimmy Ellis (twice) Jerry Quarry (twice) Bob Foster and Eddie Machen

Not sure what the fuck foreman is thinking but this is far fetched as fuck in my view.

This cat knows his boxing history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Patricio Pitbull, Edson Barboza, Belal Muhammad, Ty-wan Claxton, Marvin Vettori

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Mr Meow wrote:I am not going to say I am closer to the situation or more knowledgeable than Foreman

But

But

But But But

maybe he was implying sometihng about Liston being involved in fixed fights. ..?

I've seen Foreman admitting that the only fighter that was scared to fight against was Joe Frazier. Even after the first fight.
Last edited by EvilGorilla69+1 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm

although Foreman has a lot of love for Liston,as well, as the two of them have sparred when Foreman was young and apparently Liston was too much for him. Perhaps the strongest puncher he has ever felt...

(You've got to take into account that George is propably the best guy,out there... So by saying good things about everyone,maybe sometimes he throws other gentlemen under the bus,without wanting to).

ps. Thanks Pbells. very helpfull as always.
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby Mr Meow » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:53 pm

EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

But

But

But But But

maybe he was implying sometihng about Liston being involved in fixed fights. ..?

I've seen Foreman admitting that the only fighter that was scared to fight against was Joe Frazier. Even after the first fight.

Ah ah yes yes. Good call dude. I did not even think of it that way. That very well could have been the implication

I personally have seen a few Liston fights and none looked fixed to me

With that said though

Liston was illiterate, poor as fuck, then he got hired by anti union mobster to beat the fuck out of pro union picketers. This landed him in Prison

In prison he learned how to box

After prison he needless to say started a boxing career and his managerial team were all shady as fucking shit with deep mob connections if not mobsters themselves.

Sonny died under bizarre circumstances in terms of the nature of his death being suspicious as fuck

Because of all of these mob ties that continued throughout his career and life there will always be legitimacy questions about aspects of Listons career.

Therefore with all this said I would not be shocked at all if Sonny involved himself in fixed fights. Perhaps that is what Foreman was alluding to here.

Spoiler:
(Poor Sonny was perhaps the most disliked HW champion ever. Black people did not like him AT ALL because the HW champ was one of the highest positions a black dude could hold back then, therefore an example of the community, Liston was a criminal who did drugs and was illiterate :lol: so most black people viewed him as a truly horrible example for the community. They wanted Floyd Patterson to win both times poor bastard)

Spoiler:
Sorry for being a huge boxing nerd :tup:
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Nov 2015, Dec 2015, Jan, Apr 2016, May 2016, Nov 2016
Fantasy B-League Champion: Apr 2017, Feb, 2018, Nov 2018
Highest Overall Fantasy Score 2016
Survivor (x3)
First Linker to Successfully Defend Survivor Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:02 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
EvilGorilla69+1 wrote:

But

But

But But But

Ah ah yes yes. Good call dude. I did not even think of it that way. That very well could have been the implication

I personally have seen a few Liston fights and none looked fixed to me

With that said though

Liston was illiterate, poor as fuck, then he got hired by anti union mobster to beat the fuck out of pro union picketers. This landed him in Prison

In prison he learned how to box

After prison he needless to say started a boxing career and his managerial team were all shady as fucking shit with deep mob connections if not mobsters themselves.

Sonny died under bizarre circumstances in terms of the nature of his death being suspicious as fuck

Because of all of these mob ties that continued throughout his career and life there will always be legitimacy questions about aspects of Listons career.

Therefore with all this said I would not be shocked at all if Sonny involved himself in fixed fights. Perhaps that is what Foreman was alluding to here.

Spoiler:
(Poor Sonny was perhaps the most disliked HW champion ever. Black people did not like him AT ALL because the HW champ was one of the highest positions a black dude could hold back then, therefore an example of the community, Liston was a criminal who did drugs and was illiterate :lol: so most black people viewed him as a truly horrible example for the community. They wanted Floyd Patterson to win both times poor bastard)

Spoiler:
Sorry for being a huge boxing nerd :tup:

thats the point of this thread.. Floyd had good skills...but he was a glass cannon,sadly.. :P
Τίποτα
EvilGorilla69+1
7th Degree Black Belt
7th Degree Black Belt

Postby philphan » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:03 am

I'm so fucking high.
Linker MMA Video Vault
linker-fightpass-video-vault-t134034.html
Fantasy Fighters- Patricio Pitbull, Edson Barboza, Belal Muhammad, Ty-wan Claxton, Marvin Vettori

3 Time Gina Winner :gold: :gold: :gold:
300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan

Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor
Pick-Em Champion: July 2019, Aug 2019

Postby YMCA » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:59 pm

But

But

But But But

^This sums it up nicely.

Liston definitely threw the fight that gave us the infamous picture. Ali knew Sonny would mess him up and wanted nothing to do with Sonny outside the ring or in a real fight.

Liston was a BAD man for real. Professional boxers feared the MAN due to a deserved rep.
Black Zeus wrote:
^^he has a long history of crying if things don't go his way. Doubt he can learn to keep his emotions in check at such a late age. What is he 37?
YMCA

Return to MMA Discussion