Close
Login
Register

Poll: Are you a moron?

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

Was it real or fixed?

Fake (I have 2 eyes and a rudimentary knowledge of fighting)
6
50%
Real (I'm a moron and I've never thrown a punch in my life)
6
50%
 
Total votes : 12

Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby asdfghjkl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:47 pm

Do you think the Mayweather fight was real or fixed?

https://youtu.be/c5BNOtbKNoI
Last edited by asdfghjkl on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 am

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby PBells » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:03 pm

I like to defer to Occam's razor in times like these since I'm a pretentious twat who never admits he could be wrong.

Is it more likely that a 50-0 boxer (widely regarded as one the greatest of all time) has no trouble whatsoever against a young kickboxer who has no pro boxing experience, a fraction of the combat sport experience, and is four (4) boxing weightclasses smaller.... or that financially-struggling and desperate RIZIN had their biggest name, draw, and legit crossover star take a dive on their biggest show of the year because...? Surely the precious money and ratings would dictate the homegrown hero come out on top?

That was basically what sending a scrappy twenty-something to box an grown-ass veteran would look like IMO.
User avatar
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 40282
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby asdfghjkl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:19 pm

PBells wrote:I like to defer to Occam's razor in times like these since I'm a pretentious twat who never admits he could be wrong.

Is it more likely that a 50-0 boxer (widely regarded as one the greatest of all time) has no trouble whatsoever against a young kickboxer who has no pro boxing experience, a fraction of the combat sport experience, and is four (4) boxing weightclasses smaller.... or that financially-struggling and desperate RIZIN had their biggest name, draw, and legit crossover star take a dive on their biggest show of the year because...? Surely the precious money and ratings would dictate the homegrown hero come out on top?

That was basically what sending a scrappy twenty-something to box an grown-ass veteran would look like IMO.


Flopping around like a fish and all? Have you ever seen that kind of unnatural movement...ever? Even in a street fight? It was paw-thetic acting.

I think this whole idea was just a bad business move on rizins part.
"Come beat up one of our champions and we'll trade you money for star power."
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 am

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby SpeakEasy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:44 pm

:lol: youve obvioisly never boxed.
If you thought that right hand had no lasting effects that the left hand just accentuated then i sure hope you clicked off the moron option.
If youd ever actually been in a match where you've been hit in the body, twice, by a much bigger opponent youd understand tens reaction.
Serioisly is this cons alt account? At least with con i can tell if hes trolling or being a retard.

Pbells got the nail on the head there.
Luckily, i know im not a moron, doctors just say im special and eating crayons wont have that much damage on my digestive system.
If I'm ten and i was privvy to a fight fixing id tell fucking everyone i could especially after the way may was clowning on him.
I dont see why may would have needed to fix the fight, he isnt as all time great as some peoples say but he is a fantastic fighter with waaay more experience and weight.
Theres a reason this fight came to fruition and we never once heard may even mention a monster like monster inoue, may knew the odds against ten were in mays favour, ten couldnt use kicks and its retarded and moronic to assume a relatively inexperienced fighter like ten may have been able to capitalize on mistakes and openings that far more experienced boxers were unable to, age difference not withstanding.
I dont disagree that it was fishy but i dont see a young guy getting punked like that for any amount of money.
His corner or rizin is totally different but i think mayweather is smart enough to know the matchup was enough in his favor and the fallout of fixing an exhibition match as a retired boxer who prides himself on claiming the GOAT was reason enough not to fix it.
I would absolutely love to see may take on inoue now though, inoue is tiny but i think is more of a pugilist than ten and could push may to a much better fight.
"A lion is called a king of beasts,
Image
obviously for a reason."
User avatar
SpeakEasy
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:40 am
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Oct 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: July 2017

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby asdfghjkl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:50 pm

SpeakEasy wrote::lol: youve obvioisly never boxed.
If you thought that right hand had no lasting effects that the left hand just accentuated then i sure hope you clicked off the moron option.
If youd ever actually been in a match where you've been hit in the body, twice, by a much bigger opponent youd understand tens reaction.
Serioisly is this cons alt account? At least with con i can tell if hes trolling or being a retard.

Pbells got the nail on the head there.
Luckily, i know im not a moron, doctors just say im special and eating crayons wont have that much damage on my digestive system.
If I'm ten and i was privvy to a fight fixing id tell fucking everyone i could especially after the way may was clowning on him.
I dont see why may would have needed to fix the fight, he isnt as all time great as some peoples say but he is a fantastic fighter with waaay more experience and weight.
Theres a reason this fight came to fruition and we never once heard may even mention a monster like monster inoue, may knew the odds against ten were in mays favour, ten couldnt use kicks and its retarded and moronic to assume a relatively inexperienced fighter like ten may have been able to capitalize on mistakes and openings that far more experienced boxers were unable to, age difference not withstanding.
I dont disagree that it was fishy but i dont see a young guy getting punked like that for any amount of money.
His corner or rizin is totally different but i think mayweather is smart enough to know the matchup was enough in his favor and the fallout of fixing an exhibition match as a retired boxer who prides himself on claiming the GOAT was reason enough not to fix it.
I would absolutely love to see may take on inoue now though, inoue is tiny but i think is more of a pugilist than ten and could push may to a much better fight.


Bruh I've been training over 10 years, spent a year in Thailand and had 2 fights there. Lost my first one even though the dude couldnt walk after (shit judges who called the fight in the bookies favour) and I won my second fight where I had to lay in bed for a week from eating leg kicks from a massive thai. Good thing I had better boxing though.

I've also trained people who have gone on to fight in Thailand.

Enlighten me. What have you done?
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 am

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby philphan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:16 pm

PBells wrote:I like to defer to Occam's razor in times like these since I'm a pretentious twat who never admits he could be wrong.

Is it more likely that a 50-0 boxer (widely regarded as one the greatest of all time) has no trouble whatsoever against a young kickboxer who has no pro boxing experience, a fraction of the combat sport experience, and is four (4) boxing weightclasses smaller.... or that financially-struggling and desperate RIZIN had their biggest name, draw, and legit crossover star take a dive on their biggest show of the year because...? Surely the precious money and ratings would dictate the homegrown hero come out on top?

That was basically what sending a scrappy twenty-something to box an grown-ass veteran would look like IMO.

:star: :gold:
I'm so fucking high.
Image
Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Julia Budd, Ismail Narudiev, Beneil Dariush, Leon Edwards





300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion
 
Posts: 23873
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: On the rug listening to bowling sounds
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: Mar/Apr 2017, Dec 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Oct 2017
Linker's First Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)
Survivor

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby PBells » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:18 pm

asdfghjkl wrote:Flopping around like a fish and all? Have you ever seen that kind of unnatural movement...ever? Even in a street fight? It was paw-thetic acting.


Yes, actually. Tenshin got dropped and flopped the exact same way in one of his early kickboxing fights.

It's pretty hard to stand up and stay steady when your equilibrium is fucked from hard shots to the temple.
User avatar
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 40282
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby jblaze » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:21 pm

PBells wrote:I like to defer to Occam's razor in times like these since I'm a pretentious twat who never admits he could be wrong.

Is it more likely that a 50-0 boxer (widely regarded as one the greatest of all time) has no trouble whatsoever against a young kickboxer who has no pro boxing experience, a fraction of the combat sport experience, and is four (4) boxing weightclasses smaller.... or that financially-struggling and desperate RIZIN had their biggest name, draw, and legit crossover star take a dive on their biggest show of the year because...? Surely the precious money and ratings would dictate the homegrown hero come out on top?

That was basically what sending a scrappy twenty-something to box an grown-ass veteran would look like IMO.

Also when you are a southpaw people can make you look a bum if they have good footwork. Mayweather cut a few pounds he was probably 151-152 pounds and Nasukawa was like 137 and had less reach. Also its easy to think you are out of boxing distance until you fight someone who can feint and set traps. Some of that shit Mayweather did where he slowed his movements to disrupt Nasukawa's timing was incredible.
jblaze
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby asdfghjkl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:31 pm

https://youtu.be/c5BNOtbKNoI

Everything about the fight was extremely fake and if this pull back tap punch with no foot pivot/hip torque followed by the head going the opposite direction it is supposed to go when you get punched (bad acting) followed by the floppy fish drama dance...I just don't know what to tell you people. I've lost faith in mmalinker today.

Also tenshin would throw an exhibition match for money/yakuza easily. Who wouldn't.
Last edited by asdfghjkl on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 am

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby PBells » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:50 pm

asdfghjkl wrote:Also tenshin would throw an exhibition match for money/yakuza easily. Who wouldn't.


Sure, but what would the point of that be? This is a one-off by Floyd, wouldn't it make more sense to fix it for Tenshin so they can make more money off his future appearances?
User avatar
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 40282
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby asdfghjkl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:58 pm

PBells wrote:
asdfghjkl wrote:Also tenshin would throw an exhibition match for money/yakuza easily. Who wouldn't.


Sure, but what would the point of that be? This is a one-off by Floyd, wouldn't it make more sense to fix it for Tenshin so they can make more money off his future appearances?


HAHAHAHAHA really man....c'mon.

You think money Mayweather would take any amount of money to fake lose.

NOT A CHANCE. I'm sure they pitched the idea and floyd laughed his ass off at the idea.
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 am

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby JTuck34 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:09 pm

I voted yes I'm a moron.

I don't see anything off here at all. That right clipped his forehead and hurt him VERY badly, but he had an excellent poker face. Step-in left hand finishes the job.

This seems pretty clear cut for me.

I'll bet you thought the Daley/Diaz TKO was also faked? Dude backed up from the combo and took the weirdest fall I've ever seen. If you strike behind the ear or anywhere around that area, you are in fact targeting what is called the cochlea.

Image

This cochlea is filled with a liquid that transfers vibrations into electrical signals which provides your sense of hearing. Also, (and more importantly here) there are little organs connected to the cochlea that provide your sense of balance. The vestibule and the something else I can't remember.







But hey, what the fuck does science know? You've had two muay thai fights.

Bonus gif :pointdown:

Spoiler:
Image
7-3
Image
User avatar
JTuck34
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
Linker's resident psychoactive chemical expert
 
Posts: 7159
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:53 am
Location: The great state of Texas

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby asdfghjkl » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:13 pm

JTuck34 wrote:I voted yes I'm a moron.

I don't see anything off here at all. That right clipped his forehead and hurt him VERY badly, but he had an excellent poker face. Step-in left hand finishes the job.

This seems pretty clear cut for me.

I'll bet you thought the Daley/Diaz TKO was also faked? Dude backed up from the combo and took the weirdest fall I've ever seen. If you strike behind the ear or anywhere around that area, you are in fact targeting what is called the cochlea.

Image

This cochlea is filled with a liquid that transfers vibrations into electrical signals which provides your sense of hearing. Also, (and more importantly here) there are little organs connected to the cochlea that provide your sense of balance. The vestibule and the something else I can't remember.







But hey, what the fuck does science know? You've had two muay thai fights.

Bonus gif :pointdown:

Spoiler:
Image


Diaz clearly threw way more into that punch with an mma glove. His body was turned in with the punch and rolled his shoulder over and continued to drive his fist through his head...not just a little tap on the top of the head pull back punch with a boxing glove. No comparison.
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 12:40 am

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby PBells » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:37 pm

asdfghjkl wrote:HAHAHAHAHA really man....c'mon.

You think money Mayweather would take any amount of money to fake lose.

NOT A CHANCE. I'm sure they pitched the idea and floyd laughed his ass off at the idea.


Exactly my point. The only way this fight being fixed makes any sense didn't happen. :idea:
User avatar
PBells
Pick-Em Champion
Pick-Em Champion
 
Posts: 40282
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm
Accolades: Fantasy A-League Champion: July 2017, June 2018
Fantasy B-League Champion: Sep. 2016
Fantasy C-League Champion: June 2016
Pick-Em Champion: May 2019 (Inaugural), June 2019

Re: Poll: Are you a moron?

Postby Asso » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:52 pm

JTuck34 wrote:I voted yes I'm a moron.

I don't see anything off here at all. That right clipped his forehead and hurt him VERY badly, but he had an excellent poker face. Step-in left hand finishes the job.

This seems pretty clear cut for me.

I'll bet you thought the Daley/Diaz TKO was also faked? Dude backed up from the combo and took the weirdest fall I've ever seen. If you strike behind the ear or anywhere around that area, you are in fact targeting what is called the cochlea.

Image

This cochlea is filled with a liquid that transfers vibrations into electrical signals which provides your sense of hearing. Also, (and more importantly here) there are little organs connected to the cochlea that provide your sense of balance. The vestibule and the something else I can't remember.







But hey, what the fuck does science know? You've had two muay thai fights.

Bonus gif :pointdown:

Spoiler:
Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Asso
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:38 am

Next

Return to MMA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hawdrigoh, slevin