Close
Login
Register

some topic

UFC, Bellator, Invicta, M-1, One FC, KSW, World Series of Fighting, and many more

some topic

Postby stvgabriel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:41 pm

Ok, so here’s deal. I thought of a topic that I wanted to have a conversation about with people who’s opinions I somewhat respect. But, you guys will have to do.

Spoiler:
Ha got em!Image

No, but seriously guys, focus. Anyway, I want to talk about this video I just watched. The video was about Kron being signed to the UFC. Watching this I realized that we find ourselves in quite a rare moment in time. There are currently 3 champion-caliber grapplers that have transitioned to MMA. They’re all pretty young, have very aggressive styles, have finished everyone they've fought and all three are the students of highly esteemed instructors.
1) Kron Gracie: son and student of Rickson Gracie. Currently 4-0 and has a notable win over Kawajiri. Currently signed with the UFC.
2) Dillon Danis: pretty big D-bag; student of legendary Marcelo Garcia. Currently 1-0. Currently with Bellator.
3) Gary Tonon: student of John Danaher. Currently 3-0 and fighting for ONE.

Anyway, that's the topic. Are you guys excited to watch their careers develop? Who is the most intriguing? Will any of them be champs? Will they all get smashed and fade into obscurity? Should I just go fuck myself?

Discuss
Last edited by stvgabriel on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
stvgabriel
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2017 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Re: some topic

Postby philphan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 pm

stvgabriel wrote:Ok, so here’s deal. I thought of a topic that I wanted to have a conversation about with people who’s opinions I somewhat respect. But, you guys will have to do.

Spoiler:
Ha got em!Image

No, but seriously guys, focus. Anyway, I want to talk about this video I just watched. The video was about Kron being signed to the UFC. Watching this I realized that we find ourselves in quite a rare moment in time. There are currently 3 champion-caliber grapplers that have transitioned to MMA. They’re all pretty young, have very aggressive styles, and all three are the students of highly esteemed instructors.
1) Kron Gracie: son and student of Rickson Gracie. Currently

Who are the other 2?
I'm so fucking high.

Linker MMA Video Vault
http://mmalinker.com/forum/linker-fight ... 34034.html
Fantasy fighters- Jon Jones, Amanda Nunes. Charles Oliveira, Thiago Santos

300-0 sig bet record!!!!!!!!!!
philphan
Interim Champion
Interim Champion

Accolades: March 2017 & April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-Leauge Champion, October 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Linker's first Tag Team Champion (with Bluntz)

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:49 pm

It is great to see ya back dildosniffer sir

I can't wait to see Kron in the ufc too. His win over Kawajiri in Rizin was a hell of a feather in his mma cap resume. Meow indeed

Gary Tonon staying in One and Kron going to the ufc is pretty cool in that we have 2 elite grapplers debuting in mma's big organizations in each hemisphere of the world around roughly the same time peroriodioid.
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow
3rd Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby Mr Meow » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:50 pm

philphan wrote:
stvgabriel wrote:Ok, so here’s deal. I thought of a topic that I wanted to have a conversation about with people who’s opinions I somewhat respect. But, you guys will have to do.

Spoiler:
Ha got em!Image

No, but seriously guys, focus. Anyway, I want to talk about this video I just watched. The video was about Kron being signed to the UFC. Watching this I realized that we find ourselves in quite a rare moment in time. There are currently 3 champion-caliber grapplers that have transitioned to MMA. They’re all pretty young, have very aggressive styles, and all three are the students of highly esteemed instructors.

Who are the other 2?

Good question. I assume Gary Tononinion is one of them besides Kron. Not sure who the third would be. PhillySeyHoff?
Officially 8-2 in sig bets. *pats back* 5 time A league champion. :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Mr Meow

Accolades: Nov. 2015, Dec. 2015, Jan. 2016, April 2016, May 2016, Nov. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, April 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Feb. 2018 MMALinker B-League Champion, Nov. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, 2016 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby asdfghjkl » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
philphan wrote:

Spoiler:
Ha got em!Image

Who are the other 2?

Good question. I assume Gary Tononinion is one of them besides Kron. Not sure who the third would be. PhillySeyHoff?

stop embarrassing yourself meow. I thought you were so knowledgeable in everything mma…

obviously its Dillon danis and conor McGregor...

what a moron you are
asdfghjkl
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby bruins2012 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 pm

Mr Meow wrote:
philphan wrote:

Spoiler:
Ha got em!Image

Who are the other 2?

Lavato?
Danis?
When engaged in combat, the vanquishing of thine enemy can be the warrior's only concern. Suppress all human emotion and compassion. Kill whoever stands in thy way, even if that be Lord God or Buddha himself.

bruins2012
10th Professional Linker Victory
10th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: 2014-2015 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, 2015-2016 MMALinker Fantasy Hockey Champion, July 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Aug. 2016 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, May 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Survivor Champion

Postby stvgabriel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:02 pm

Damn, you guys are quick. I was writing this up on my phone but it was extremely tedious. I tried to save the draft to finish it up on my computer but it got posted instead. :-?

I edited it to make sense but didn't get to add pics and videos and stuff so use your imaginations.

"In the end things will have to be as they are and always have been: the great things are left to the great, the abysses to the profound, tenderness and thrills to the sensitive, and to sum it up in a few words, everything extraordinary to the extraordinary. "
stvgabriel
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: April 2016 MMALinker Fantasy C-League Champion, Feb. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Sep. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, 2017 Highest Overall MMALinker Fantasy Score, Survivor

Postby stvgabriel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:19 pm

philphan wrote:Who are the other 2?

Danis and Tonon :pointup:

Mr Meow wrote:It is great to see ya back dildosniffer sir

I can't wait to see Kron in the ufc too. His win over Kawajiri in Rizin was a hell of a feather in his mma cap resume. Meow indeed

Gary Tonon staying in One and Kron going to the ufc is pretty cool in that we have 2 elite grapplers debuting in mma's big organizations in each hemisphere of the world around roughly the same time peroriodioid.

Good to be back, Meow.
Yea, Kron has looked impressive. I'm pretty excited to watch his debut. Hopefully he smashes Caceres.

I guess Tonon would be the most obvious. He's probably the one I'm most excited to see if I'm being honest. I like his style and think his jitz is arguably the most dangerous of the three. He seems to be fairly comfortable striking and has pretty good wrestling too. I guess only time will tell if he can put it to use.

I don't really care all that much about Danis but his Jitz is elite so I figured he'd get a mention.

bruins2012 wrote:

Lavato?
Danis?

I guess Lavato would also fit the description but he's getting kind of old and I'm not sure if he'll tune his game up enough to ever be a champion in a big promotion. But who knows, he may destroy Mousasi and go on to be great.

stvgabriel
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby PainDog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Tonon has looked incredibly impressive.

His timing with his striking is still not quite there but he is doing the right thing spending time standing in the early rounds in his fights.

Lovato is kind of old but he is a life long martial artist. He was training striking from the time he was kid along with some of the biggest legends in martial arts history like Dan Inosanto.

I kind of hope he beats Mousasi.
Murtaza Talha Ali

Khabib Time

“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
— Viktor E. Frankl
PainDog
Mod Emeritus

Accolades: Nov. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy B-League Champion, Dec. 2017 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion, Apr. 2018 MMALinker Fantasy A-League Champion

Postby hawdrigoh » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:05 am

It's great to see all three in MMA. Tonon has actually faced both in BJJ, beating Danis twice and losing to Gracie. The match with Gracie was pretty solid, I'd love to see a rematch in MMA one day if it becomes possible at some point. There's also some bad blood between Danis and Tonon, hopefully they can fight as well.

Looking forward to seeing how they all end up doing in MMA. Danis has a fight under his belt, Tonon is looking good, and Gracie is fighting again soon. Should be interesting.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

hawdrigoh
6th Professional Linker Victory
6th Professional Linker Victory

Accolades: Pillar of Linker

Postby JACKnoneREACHER » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 pm

Love it. It's impressive watching actual wizards on the ground. It incredible seeing what the really high level guys can do, I dig it.

All three of these guys should have decent careers. Youngish too and haven't built up years of head trauma from gym wars.

Excited for all of them, be really cool to see another Gracie champion.

I dont think that any of them will get smashed into obscurity but more importantly yes, you should go fuck yourself. :lol:
Image Image
JACKnoneREACHER
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Accolades: Survivor

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:54 pm

Toron if I got this right has been shooting them up for a few months now..gaining like 50+ pounds of muscles..... I assume his jj game is unreal, I haven't seen him 'bang'.... hopefully he signs with a major MMA organization and gets tested.

Dillon Danis is a douche. I am excited to see him fight cause he talks a lot. He had a nice submission, in his first fight and I wouldn't mind seeing him getting knocked out, a few times, in the near future.
^^ I had no idea he is a Marcelo Garcia black belt.. anyway.. good for him.

So all in all I am pretty excited for these 2..

Now Kron.... I hope he rapes,kills and retires undefeated,but although he's got a good chin and he is good in the clinch game... I am afraid he is gonna get leg kicked and kneed, to oblivion, once he gets a bad match up.(sprawler - top striker)..

I truely hope I am wrong..

I want to see Kron fighting Gaetje, or some shit..

Gaetje vs Ferguson.. Let that dude bang.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:55 pm

pepperoni

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to MMA Discussion