Close
Login
Register

ali or tyson....?

Discuss all other combat sports here.

ali or tyson....?

Postby The Smurf » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:39 am

or me is a question that has always puzzled me..Ali or Tyson..

(every time i say tyson i think of the Ali vs Liston II) ali toyed with a top 5 of all times.. tyson was a killer..but he had the bad habbit of falling apart when his opponent wasnt scared(bully)

The Smurf

Re: ali or tyson....?

Postby The Smurf » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 am

no tits..no replies...? :P
The Smurf

Postby Thickback » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Toss up honestly. Prime Tyson with Cus D'Amato in his corner >>>> Liston. Tyson's defense was outstanding. He didn't get hit often and moved his head before and during his combonations. And once inside, any punch can end a fight. Love his right hook to the body to a right uppercut combonation!!!!

Ali's ring generalship, ring IQ and iron chin will make this a fight for the ages.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you - Thickback
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby emd01 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:48 pm

Ali was just way too smart. I think Ali would KO Mike in the late rounds. We never saw a prime Tyson fight anyone near the level of Ali. Ali was accurate and active with the jab. Would probably pose a few problems for Mike.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby The Smurf » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:03 am

foreman was more dangerous than mike i think...and mike ducked him once when he was like at his mid 40s(foreman was)
The Smurf

Postby emd01 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:01 pm

fragiskos25 wrote:foreman was more dangerous than mike i think...and mike ducked him once when he was like at his mid 40s(foreman was)

You could be right. The problem with Mike is we never really got to see him face top comp at his best. When Mike was with Cus he was a beast but he was just a contender and really fighting bums. Now, he beat some good guys after Cus but I think he wouldve been a much better boxer with Cus because after he relied solely on punching power and lost a lot of the technique he used to use.
emd01
2nd Degree Black Belt
2nd Degree Black Belt

Postby BestWayKilla » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:45 am

Prime Ali, before the layoff? Hard to imagine anyone beating him. I'm a huge Frazier fan and I think he had what it took to beat Ali, but I'll admit Ali wasn't the same after he took that time off and that played a big part in his struggles later in his career. I think Ali would be able to handle Tyson's pressure and land on him enough to either score a late KO or take a decision. Still, if Tyson had a gameplan like Frazier did in the Fight of the Century, I think he could have success with that.
UP THE IRONS!!!!

mikalianenkomedov wrote:ball gargling faggots that are faggoty and gargle balls.

Sigbetting Record- 17-10
BestWayKilla
The Trooper

Postby The Smurf » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:47 am

BestWayKilla wrote:Prime Ali, before the layoff? Hard to imagine anyone beating him. I'm a huge Frazier fan and I think he had what it took to beat Ali, but I'll admit Ali wasn't the same after he took that time off and that played a big part in his struggles later in his career. I think Ali would be able to handle Tyson's pressure and land on him enough to either score a late KO or take a decision. Still, if Tyson had a gameplan like Frazier did in the Fight of the Century, I think he could have success with that.

ali was pissing blood for weeks after that fight...good old times.. : )
The Smurf

Postby Thickback » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:16 pm

fragiskos25 wrote:foreman was more dangerous than mike i think...and mike ducked him once when he was like at his mid 40s(foreman was)

In terms of brut strength, no one comes close to Foreman, but Tyson was technically way better than Foreman in all areas. But Floreman had a way longer reach and is much taller.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you - Thickback
Thickback
8th Degree Black Belt
8th Degree Black Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:43 pm

hump

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Postby Robert Sterling » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:33 am

Mike Tyson have perfect techniques, better than Ali. But Ali have better stamina
Robert Sterling
White Belt
White Belt

Postby PeterFerguson2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:23 pm

Alright. I think I'm gonna get some heat for this, but I'll go with Tyson. Though he cites Ali as an inspiration, I'd still say Tyson was beyond human in his prime. His skillset was unmatchable. It certainly would've been wonderful to see which would have come out on to, brains of Ali or the brawns of Mike.
PeterFerguson2
White Belt
White Belt

Postby EvilGorilla69+1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:41 pm

PeterFerguson2 wrote:Alright. I think I'm gonna get some heat for this, but I'll go with Tyson. Though he cites Ali as an inspiration, I'd still say Tyson was beyond human in his prime. His skillset was unmatchable. It certainly would've been wonderful to see which would have come out on to, brains of Ali or the brawns of Mike.

''

I agree with your spirit.. It's a tough question,indeed,me Peter Ferguson,gentleman,Sir.

''Double wrist lock,to an americana, switched to kimura,turned to figure 4,transitioning to an armbar.
while attemting an Ude-garami, & a keylock.. opponent escapes so switch to Gyaku ude-garami and a reverse keylock and get that: 'bent armlock',like a V1 armlock,a chicken wing,a some sort of paintbrush submission attempt or hammerlock or a twisting hammerlock and you win by reverse arm entanglement
''

https://notouchbutt.blogspot.gr/
EvilGorilla69+1
3rd Degree Black Belt
3rd Degree Black Belt

Return to Kickboxing, Boxing, Grappling, etc.