Close
Login
Register

whats you favorite boxing glove?

Discuss the gear and equipment you have used to be successful

Re: whats you favorite boxing glove?

Postby manzuri » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:37 pm

we used to have fairtex gloves at my old gym, and i never had any problems with them, now i have these gloves made by combat sport international, and i cant even get my hand in them when i have my wrist wraps on.
manzuri
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby RubenATC » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:47 am

manzuri wrote:we used to have fairtex gloves at my old gym, and i never had any problems with them, now i have these gloves made by combat sport international, and i cant even get my hand in them when i have my wrist wraps on.

I have some combat sports gloves and i like everything about them except for the super tight hand compartment...i can get them in ok but when i take them off my wraps usually come off too...
RubenATC
5th Degree Black Belt
5th Degree Black Belt

Postby seznams » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:47 am

I know this is an old thread, but I think the questions is timeless. Earlier this year I decided to buy myself a new pair of boxing gloves. I mostly do use them for heavy bag workouts. I was willing to spend up to 100 bucks and wanted to get 16 Oz gloves in order to get good protection for my hands and a better result for upper body strength and conditioning.
After trying a lot of different gloves in the martial arts stores in South Florida, I opted for Top Ten 16 Oz sparring gloves, Superfight 3000. They are easy to recognise with their double velcro straps. I am very happy with my decision and I think they are the best boxing gloves I ever had. So far I had Reyes, Everlast, Greenhill, Kwon, LasDos, Adidas and Berg.
Here is the product page: https://www.fighters-inc.com/top-ten-su ... 1-223.html
The padding is the best thing about the product. It always stays in the same shape and position. After 6 month of almost daily use the gloves still look like new. Just the area in front of the knuckles is a bit rougher. I haven't used any care products, so I guess the leather doesn't need too much care either way. The double velcro needs to get used to, but I learned to like it because it is easier to fine-tune wrist support with 2 straps compared to just one. Wrist support is good with this glove.
When I visited the Fighters shop where I bought them they recommended this glove over others. When I compared them to Twins, King and Yokkao I knew they were much better. Actually, I love using 16 Oz gloves a lot now. I even put them on for shadow boxing. The positive effect on strength in my arms, neck and shoulders is astonishing.

Used after workout at Jim Graden's kickboxing gym in Largo, Florida
seznams
White Belt
White Belt

Previous

Return to Gear and Equipment